2 Weeks Remaining: MODERATOR WANTED Join the MyGolfSpy Staff! Read more... ×
Moecat

When Tiger returns to the PGA, how do you think he'll do?

There could be a number of scenarios:

(1) Tiger receives a ton of heckling, Stevie Williams gets into a bunch of brawls during tournaments - and may get his own butt kicked in the process. Tiger ends up getting sued up the wazoo.

(2) He makes cuts but doesn't win anything because he obviously hasn't been able to prepare the way he used to.

(3) Or because of his phenomenal ability to shut out all external static, he's back to his old winning self.

etc. etc. etc.

What do you all think?

I personally believe he will come back even stronger then before. The reason I say this is Tiger was able to play at the highest level with all this baggage. Imagine now how he can play freely, without always having to look over his shoulder.The way I look at it he can now focus on just golf and not the thirty calls from the side show he was living before!I guess we'll have to wait and see. But if Tiger could win 6 Tourneys last year living that double life.... well I say look out when he comes back. JMO.

Tim

I think the first few events will be extremely difficult for him. You know he will get millions of questions during press conferences and the fans I'm sure will have some snide comments. I think once he gets past the first few events he will back to his old winning ways. I think the old adage of "what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" applies here.

• Like 1

At this point in time I am enjoying golf with out Tiger. The young guys coming up are fun to watch. We actually get to see some other guys playing!! I get tired of watching Tiger walking and having a snack on the course. There are other guys that we can enjoy. Fowler was fun to watch today and golf needs some new blood so that Tiger isnt the only one we are watching. As far is Tiger when he comes back? Let the media circus begin!!

Scotty B

• Like 1

Well. Probably "c". Just imagine how well he played AND he had all those women, err distractions. Without the thoughts of who's he is going to be banging that night, he'll probably win the Grand Slam.

I too think the first few tournaments will be tough. Questions, heckling, the like. If/when he comes back it should be 2 or 3 tournaments before a major to let all of the heckling die down. I don't think initially he will do well, but after a month or two back on tour he should be back to his old self.

I think he comes back and doesnt win, it will take time, at that level its all between the ears, Tiger will not be able to come back with the same confidence he once had because he knows everyone in the world knows he is a scum bag and he will forever have to look himself in the mirror and be reminded of what he ruined.

I say he comes back, plays well enough to makes cuts and then the following season he wins 1 major and we will take it from there.

He will not be better than he was, nor will he be his former self. Everything about the guys routine has changed, thus his stats will change

• Like 1

At first, I think he will struggle for a bit, but he will come back like his old self and destroy the course. Would not be surprised if he wins a few this year, no majors though.

Presumably, now he doesnt have to be worrying the whole time about his other life. I vote c.

I vote C. I don't think he'll come back until he's ready to win, and when he comes back he's going to have bags full of motivation. While I think the heckling may be an issue, I don't think the questions will be. I think as soon as someone asks a question about his marriage it's going to be, "Interview over" and back to the range.

The first couple week will be hard because he will be focusing on the media and not his game... after that, he'll be back to winning as usual...

C. Dude is a mutant on the course. People have yelled in his ear for years (looking at you "You da man, Tiger!" guy). Granted the tone of the gallery will be a touch different, but he is a winning machine.

Torrey on one leg. 6 wins last year with a zero sperm count. He will win.

It really depends on whether he has allowed all this stuff to make a nest in his head. Golf is mental sport. The guy has a strong mental game - no doubt (one of the best ever). But its hard to believe he hasn't been shaken by all this.

I say a combination of #2 and #3.

There will be an adjustment period...especially between him and the other players...then he will eventually get back to winning.