TESTERS WANTED! ×

When Tiger returns to the PGA, how do you think he'll do?

Moecat

There could be a number of scenarios:

(1) Tiger receives a ton of heckling, Stevie Williams gets into a bunch of brawls during tournaments - and may get his own butt kicked in the process. Tiger ends up getting sued up the wazoo.

(2) He makes cuts but doesn't win anything because he obviously hasn't been able to prepare the way he used to.

(3) Or because of his phenomenal ability to shut out all external static, he's back to his old winning self.

etc. etc. etc.

What do you all think?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally believe he will come back even stronger then before. The reason I say this is Tiger was able to play at the highest level with all this baggage. Imagine now how he can play freely, without always having to look over his shoulder.The way I look at it he can now focus on just golf and not the thirty calls from the side show he was living before!I guess we'll have to wait and see. But if Tiger could win 6 Tourneys last year living that double life.... well I say look out when he comes back. JMO.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I think the first few events will be extremely difficult for him. You know he will get millions of questions during press conferences and the fans I'm sure will have some snide comments. I think once he gets past the first few events he will back to his old winning ways. I think the old adage of "what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" applies here.

I believe he'll be stronger than ever... He won't stop until he breaks Jack's Major record!

Agree 100%!!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

At this point in time I am enjoying golf with out Tiger. The young guys coming up are fun to watch. We actually get to see some other guys playing!! I get tired of watching Tiger walking and having a snack on the course. There are other guys that we can enjoy. Fowler was fun to watch today and golf needs some new blood so that Tiger isnt the only one we are watching. As far is Tiger when he comes back? Let the media circus begin!!

Scotty B

Well. Probably "c". Just imagine how well he played AND he had all those women, err distractions. Without the thoughts of who's he is going to be banging that night, he'll probably win the Grand Slam.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

I too think the first few tournaments will be tough. Questions, heckling, the like. If/when he comes back it should be 2 or 3 tournaments before a major to let all of the heckling die down. I don't think initially he will do well, but after a month or two back on tour he should be back to his old self.

dmarshal17

09 TaylorMade Burner Driver 9.5 deg

Adams RPM 3 Wood

09 TaylorMade Rescue #3 19 deg

Callaway X22 irons (3-PW)

Callaway X12 Sand Wedge

Titelist Vokey Wedge (58 deg)

Odyssey White Hot XG#5 Center Shafted

Hey, I'm on Twitter!

I think he comes back and doesnt win, it will take time, at that level its all between the ears, Tiger will not be able to come back with the same confidence he once had because he knows everyone in the world knows he is a scum bag and he will forever have to look himself in the mirror and be reminded of what he ruined.

I say he comes back, plays well enough to makes cuts and then the following season he wins 1 major and we will take it from there.

He will not be better than he was, nor will he be his former self. Everything about the guys routine has changed, thus his stats will change

Interesting article...

My link

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I vote C. I don't think he'll come back until he's ready to win, and when he comes back he's going to have bags full of motivation. While I think the heckling may be an issue, I don't think the questions will be. I think as soon as someone asks a question about his marriage it's going to be, "Interview over" and back to the range.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

The first couple week will be hard because he will be focusing on the media and not his game... after that, he'll be back to winning as usual...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

C. Dude is a mutant on the course. People have yelled in his ear for years (looking at you "You da man, Tiger!" guy). Granted the tone of the gallery will be a touch different, but he is a winning machine.

Torrey on one leg. 6 wins last year with a zero sperm count. He will win.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

It really depends on whether he has allowed all this stuff to make a nest in his head. Golf is mental sport. The guy has a strong mental game - no doubt (one of the best ever). But its hard to believe he hasn't been shaken by all this.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I think the first few events will be extremely difficult for him. You know he will get millions of questions during press conferences and the fans I'm sure will have some snide comments. I think once he gets past the first few events he will back to his old winning ways. I think the old adage of "what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" applies here.

I agree!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

I just hope no idiots yell in his swing. That would just be crossing the line in golf. The sport doesn't need that.

I just hope no idiots yell in his swing. That would just be crossing the line in golf. The sport doesn't need that.

Agreed. I think some heckling is to be expected, and that's just what it is, but if it directly interferes with the playing of the game then those people will need to be ejected.

Agreed. I think some heckling is to be expected, and that's just what it is, but if it directly interferes with the playing of the game then those people will need to be ejected.

I hope people don't heckle him, but some is to be expected.

I hope people don't heckle him, but some is to be expected.

Given that I listed him as my #1 favorite golfer on tour, I obviously hope people don't heckle him, I just think they will. What will be interesting to see is if the heckling is one guy yelling or if it becomes more of a mob mentality. I also wonder how the people running the events will handle such behavior.

• 7 years later...

It's funny that this is a topic that is still being discussed 7 years later

#throwbackthursday

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch