TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Springbok

I will say it "seems" as if traffic has really slowed over these since the reboot.

There are member that are very nice but a ton of them who are there to start fights, argue, report you and make other feel like they are stupid for expressing an opinion.

I posted something about women's golf a long time ago and you would think we are stuck in the 40's and 50's with the aggressive feedback i received. It was disgusting.

Anyway, to each his own. I still read the site and participate but the mood over there is so negative compared to MGS. It becomes tiring sometimes. I literally had a guy tell me to F-off because i called someone a hater for bashing Titleist.....no action taken......

but like i said, its ok over there, just not great. too combative

Golf is cool

I used to be active over there and now I just lurk and post occasionally. If I wanted to sit on my phone and argue with someone I would just text my wife.

To the original question they are still very relevant but not everyone’s cup of tea. They do a great job of pics for new equipment and player’s WITB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

On 10/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The bold part is a huge thing for me to see someone mention, especially the active part!  Thanks!

When I first came to the site three years ago, I honestly could read an entire days worth of posting in about 30 minutes, that's really not an exaggeration.   

This forum has grown in members  and activity in such a way i can't even come close to keeping up with all the topics and threads.

I know we--As Moderators--- have said it many times, but I'll say it again...That's all due to the great membership, all the vets that have been here since the beginning and all the newcomers over the past few years like.   Almost to a member everyone conducts themselves in not only a professional way, but a truly welcoming and helpful way.  

That's the type of participation that will keep new members around and get them active.  So THANK YOU ALL!!

Well the moderators around here are okay too

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

6 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Well the moderators around here are okay too

Flattery will get you everywhere 😁

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 2:45 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

THIS ^^^^

I now dont frequent wrx due to this and havent been back since joining MGS 18 months ago.

+ 1 Was on WRX and always get mocked or usually receive "go get lessons" response to honest questions. 

They almost always chase away their pros because of these attacks. 

+ 1 Was on WRX and always get mocked or usually receive "go get lessons" response to honest questions. 
They almost always chase away their pros because of these attacks. 

The members and corresponding comments are definitely more respectful here and all opinions are valued.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

The members and corresponding comments are definitely more respectful here and all opinions are valued.

One of the OEM's I met with last week made a point of mentioning how friendly as well as knowledable our forum members are.

I totally agreed. 

I check in over there occasionally but haven’t posted in a long time. Some folks are OK but not as receptive as MGS.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I was here before WRX--- I got involved with WRX by accident while doing research on a loft and lie machine. Everyone on here that knows me knows I am into vintage and classic clubs. I found a whole section there on that very subject. I mostly stay in that section and one other. Like others have said you can get into some mess on the general forums. And yes absolutely there are a lot of a$$hats on the general forums there. I have never ran into that here at MGS. With the forum revamp over there there have been some technical problems. Several of our older classics members have dropped out over that. In fact a couple I know have came on here. Over there certain people can get away with a lot of mess others can not. Some folks get banned for no apparent reason. Here in all the time I have been here I have only known one person to get banned. I find MGS to be civilized. I also find it frankly chicken schmidt that if you mention MGS over there it will be *** out. Some of us refer to MGS over there as "the other site". They act like MGS is a big threat. Probably they have a Manchurian Candidate over here monitoring this and will report me and I will be banned. Really do not care I will jut stay here 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I have been a member of WRX for nearly 10 years and just recently joined the MGS forum. I will say from a forum perspective, WRX is still king of the hill even with the wildly unpopular migration to Vanilla and also provides the best coverage of the PGA Merchandise Show IMHO. However, from an original content standpoint, MGS is on an entirely different level. The key there really comes down to the investment in facilities, testing equipment, data presentation software, video equipment/editing that WRX does not seem too interested in making. 

On the perception of the rise in negativity over there, I think that has to do with A) the increase in membership size over the years (more people, more problems) and B) the increase in negativity over the past few years on internet/social media in general. If/when the MGS forum reaches the size of WRX, it will likely experience similar problems. The one thing that really can't stand is when a small number of bad seeds end up berating a valuable sponsor, OEM rep, or industry expert over something stupid that ends up scaring them off permanently as that only ends up hurting the community. 

Ultimately both have their strengths and weaknesses so I will continue to contribute to/learn from both for the foreseeable future. 

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

I have been a member of WRX for nearly 10 years and just recently joined the MGS forum. I will say from a forum perspective, WRX is still king of the hill even with the wildly unpopular migration to Vanilla and also provides the best coverage of the PGA Merchandise Show IMHO. However, from an original content standpoint, MGS is on an entirely different level. The key there really comes down to the investment in facilities, testing equipment, data presentation software, video equipment/editing that WRX does not seem too interested in making. 

On the perception of the rise in negativity over there, I think that has to do with A) the increase in membership size over the years (more people, more problems) and B) the increase in negativity over the past few years on internet/social media in general. If/when the MGS forum reaches the size of WRX, it will likely experience similar problems. The one thing that really can't stand is when a small number of bad seeds end up berating a valuable sponsor, OEM rep, or industry expert over something stupid that ends up scaring them off permanently as that only ends up hurting the community. 

Ultimately both have their strengths and weaknesses so I will continue to contribute to/learn from both for the foreseeable future. 

The 2 key differences that shouldn't be overlooked between the two are the 'moral codes' here at MGS and the swift action by the mod's when things go south.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, storm319 said:

Good post with valid points on both forums. 

I can understand the more members more problems issue. It's natural odds.  

I jidtike to think our membership does a great job at self policing and yes I have seen that there as well---i am a 13 year member there, I was a member when they had less than 10K members and that issue still popped up more there then here.  

But both offer different value, I've never subscribed to the theory, one should only visit one site for information.   

Hope you are enjoying your time on MGS 

I was an intermittent poster on both forums until a few years ago.  I really just liked the vibe here so much more.  But there are some super-knowledgeable folks over on WRX.  If you have a child that's thinking about trying to get a scholarship, they have some great threads for that.  There's also a good thread on the ClubCorp PlayAway program that I post in (I'm a PlayAway member).  And I read the WRX blog from time to time.

Plenty of room on the internet for multiple golf sites/forums.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

7 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Good post with valid points on both forums. 

I can understand the more members more problems issue. It's natural odds.  

I jidtike to think our membership does a great job at self policing and yes I have seen that there as well---i am a 13 year member there, I was a member when they had less than 10K members and that issue still popped up more there then here.  

But both offer different value, I've never subscribed to the theory, one should only visit one site for information.   

Hope you are enjoying your time on MGS 

Yup. Like anything in life, get multiple perspectives and information gathering. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I am such a golf nut, my wife says that I am obsessed. That one site is not enough. I love the tests, most wanted, and all the product info of MGS. WRX has its benefits as well. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I still go to WRX to view classifieds and pro witb’s.  I don’t post a ton on the webs anyhow because most of what I’d say in a thread has already been said by someone else.  Anyhow, WRX still has its place in my browser and will likely always, but MGS is home.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

i was just over there and posted in a forum but of course i see all the same arguing and condescending posts towards others.  Its just a different culture there but i do post from time to time.  the good stuff is fine, but when it gets bad there its the worst

Golf is cool

• 4 weeks later...

I've been on WRX since 2014, I'll echo a lot of the posts here saying there is quite a bit of "disagreement" in threads there.

I find a lot of the time WRX is more concerned with what you are hitting than how you are playing. (nothing wrong with that)

I've read this forum for a couple years but haven't participated much until recently, and I find the atmosphere here a lot more welcoming.

:taylormade-small: M5 9.0* 
:titelist-small: 915d 18* & 21*
:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4&5
:titelist-small: ZB 6-P
:titelist-small: SM7 52-F, 56-S & SM6 60-K
:cameron-small: Futura X5

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing quite a bit of research on classic clubs lately, and WRX threads pop up quite a bit.  They're pretty informative.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

While the forum redesign hasn't helped, I do think WRX is still very relevant. I've been a member over there for quite awhile, but I primarily go there if I have something I need to sell. Larger audience = more club hos 😉. I've never been too involved in the general golf discussions there for my own reasons, but I am aware of the 'X flex or GTFO' vibe that seems to be present from time to time. I think you can find elements of that no matter what golf forum you're on, and like any forum, WRX has it's loyalists. Ultimately I feel like what they're going through is fairly typical, but it doesn't matter much to me since I don't spend much time on the site!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I have to sy it is very relevant. I read certain GOLFWRX  forums that MGS doesnt filll for me. I prefer MGS as its more personal in my opinion.   

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 10/4/2019 at 9:46 AM, DaveP043 said:

I regularly visit three different golf forums, including WRX.  For me, the Rules section at WRX is more active than at any of the others, and there are a number of well-informed and knowledgeable posters there.  There is also an occasional interesting thread in the Instruction and Travel areas.  The rest just holds no interest for me. But as many others have said, there are quite a few rude, sarcastic, and just plain nasty posters along with the good ones.  

I think that each of the forums that I visit has good points, obviously, or I wouldn't use them.  MGS has without a doubt, the most civil and considerate users of any.  

I know I am a little late on commenting on this and do not know how I missed your post the first time. I will go on record and say I have read your rules comments on both sites. I find you to be concise and correct when you make a comment. IMHO you have as much knowledge on rules and the proper application of the rules as anyone. You also have a way of presenting the proper facts without being snooty etc. My hat is off to you. You add a lot to both sites. I have often wondered if you are like a PGAOA sectional rules official

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

I know I am a little late on commenting on this and do not know how I missed your post the first time. I will go on record and say I have read your rules comments on both sites. I find you to be concise and correct when you make a comment. IMHO you have as much knowledge on rules and the proper application of the rules as anyone. You also have a way of presenting the proper facts without being snooty etc. My hat is off to you. You add a lot to both sites. I have often wondered if you are like a PGAOA sectional rules official

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments.  I'm definitely not as knowledgeable as some, but I do pay attention, and I'm always learning.  Who knows, once I stop working for a living, I may explore further options around the rules.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I have visited all the sites through the years. Golf WRX is definitely still relevant. I RARELY post on golf WRX even though I have been a member for years because I am afraid it will evolve into some kind of an argument. Looking for an analogy to use.....it is like prison. Golf WRX is a super max prison where I know I will probably get shanked (golf pun intended) and MGS is like one of those minimum security prisons where you get day passes.......

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

I started posting in WRX before I had ever heard of MGS. It was really the first forum I posted in.

I found it was great for technical questions, but never felt personal to me.

Discovered MGS about a year ago and joined the forums and haven’t been back to post there since.

The forum here really feels much more like an actual community to me. And I recognize more usernames here than there.

I also agree that I find more value added in the articles here than what has been posted recently there.

First site I check is MGS, then I’ll go to WRX if I’m looking for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

8 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments.  I'm definitely not as knowledgeable as some, but I do pay attention, and I'm always learning.  Who knows, once I stop working for a living, I may explore further options around the rules.  

Even at my age I am always learning and my brain is always seeking fresh knowledge. Back when I played comp I always kept up with the rules and usually took a rules seminar course every year. Seems funny now but on the dawn of a new year and new decade it has been darn near 10 years since I have played comp.

G

6 hours ago, joen said:

I have visited all the sites through the years. Golf WRX is definitely still relevant. I RARELY post on golf WRX even though I have been a member for years because I am afraid it will evolve into some kind of an argument. Looking for an analogy to use.....it is like prison. Golf WRX is a super max prison where I know I will probably get shanked (golf pun intended) and MGS is like one of those minimum security prisons where you get day passes.......

That is why I pick the places I go over there carefully. I mostly stay and comment in the Classic Golf and Golfers section. Everyone over there are friends and we all collect and play classic equipment and we all have the same ailments age related like senility, authuritus stiff back etc. Also the Clubhouse Grille section in the 19th hole which is like the chat section here. Now sometimes something else will catch my eye and I will read especially if it is posted  or commented on by someone I "know" like Dave above. I will on occasion if needed back up a pal on there. We have had some I know PM me and ask me about MGS and I will tell them you will not get flamed here and can basically comment how ever you feel.

G

I belong to both sites as well.  Definitely different cultures. I am not sure if it due to size only.  This site has always been more of a social, friendly place. I am part of the a local group on WRX and there is a lot of animosity within that group as well.  As Mr. Hicksta called it, the GTFO mentality. IF you don't agree with either the poster or the self proclaimed expert, then they dismiss any of your views. Essentially telling you the GTFO.  I get real tired of it, and have backed off a lot because of it.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call

On 12/31/2019 at 2:02 AM, BIG STU said:

Even at my age I am always learning and my brain is always seeking fresh knowledge. Back when I played comp I always kept up with the rules and usually took a rules seminar course every year. Seems funny now but on the dawn of a new year and new decade it has been darn near 10 years since I have played comp.

I admit I don't have anything real to add to this thread, just chiming in to give a shout to Stu, and the other fellow golf nerds I've encountered over the last couple decades on the various forums.  😎

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft