TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Springbok

4 hours ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

I agree. I have a decent amount of posts and activity over there but find the content here refreshing and glad I’m hoping over to MGS

Welcome aboard......

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

LOL they have a thread on the same subject over there right now if they have not blocked or taken down. I only go on 2 sections over there as I have stated before. But like Robot observed back in September a lot of our classic guys have switched over to The Persimmon Golf Society on FB. I have also observed on here the interest in Classic Golf is picking up and I am glad to see that. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

19 hours ago, Wildthing said:

Golfwrx has definitely gone downhill and seem to ban members whenever they cast doubt on golf instruction especially if the golf instructor also happens to be a sponsor of their site. I can understand the financial reasoning but its not very good for golf instruction if people are banned for posting alternative opinions. 

There also seems to be a clique of forum members waiting  to attack as a group anyone who does not conform to their ideas. They are especially sensitive (and fearful) about modern biomechanical research which is slowly progressing closer to the truth about the kinetics and kinematics involved in a golf swing . Think about it !  If golf science provides a more accurate model of cause and effect in the golf swing , then any 'qualitative' golf concepts being sold out there are virtually 'dead meat' (with the potential of severe financial loss).

I regard the MSG as the mature adult while  Golfwrx suffers from childish tantrums.

Well golf instruction is always subjective and can be a slippery slope. I have always been of the school that there is no one etched in stone way to properly swing or play this game. But with that being said i am not going to say instruction is bad but will say it can and will benefit some folks. Believe it or not I can subscribe to the biomechanical thing because I understand and practice isometrics some. I have always been a proponent of experiment and find out what works for you and your game and go about the business best for you. 

That last line you posted wraps it up in a nutshell----- Hey if one disagrees with me in a mature manner I have absolutely no problem. If I disagree I may tell you well it is not my cup of tea but if it works for you carry on. Yep over here you may get someone who does not agree with you but you will NOT be called a idiot or as they say on WRX flamed

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

That last line you posted wraps it up in a nutshell----- Hey if one disagrees with me in a mature manner I have absolutely no problem. If I disagree I may tell you well it is not my cup of tea but if it works for you carry on. Yep over here you may get someone who does not agree with you but you will NOT be called a idiot or as they say on WRX flamed

I browse over there from time to time and it's nuts how when one poster disagrees with another, they immediately come in hot with the insults. It's like middle school. No thanks. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I browse over there from time to time and it's nuts how when one poster disagrees with another, they immediately come in hot with the insults. It's like middle school. No thanks. 

I actually clicked on a WRX post before joining MGS in 2012.  I was interested in the subject (don't remember what it was), but was immediately turned off by the responses the OP got.  Occasionally, I will see a WRX post while searching the interweb and click on it.  I have to laugh!  Things haven't changed.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I do like on WRX that I can sell almost anything. I had a random Odyssey putter weight and a putter grip that I didn't need. Both sold in like 20 minutes of posting... And then I had a cheap shaft extractor that i wanted to get rid of. Also sold in 20 minutes.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Well golf instruction is always subjective and can be a slippery slope. I have always been of the school that there is no one etched in stone way to properly swing or play this game. But with that being said i am not going to say instruction is bad but will say it can and will benefit some folks. Believe it or not I can subscribe to the biomechanical thing because I understand and practice isometrics some. I have always been a proponent of experiment and find out what works for you and your game and go about the business best for you. 

... Exactly Stu SOOOOO many ways to swing a golf club with some kind of success. I have said this before, but you touched on the cornerstone of good instruction. My primary goal when I taught full time was to help someone continue to do what they already do ... much better. If a 50 yr old golfer that has an over the top slice move resulting in weak 200 yd drives that fade 15-20 yds came to me for lessons I had several questions they needed to answer honestly. I explained I am there for them and my only goal was to help them play better so they needed to answer my questions with 100% honesty. Do you want to fundamentally change your swing, which may take 1 to 2 years? How many days of practice are you willing to put in between lessons? Is your goal to just play better golf, p[lay business golf and just improve to be respectable, play some tournaments or just be better for your weekend round? Most were honest and just wanted to improve with minimal practice and would be happy just hitting more solid shots. 

... At that point my goal was to turn their 15-20 yd weak slice into a controlled 5-10 yd fade, with better contact and some increased distance. If I could help them drop their scores from 100+ to mid-low 90's that would be a huge success. Of course I also had students willing to change, put in the work and practice between lessons, my instruction was much different. But believe it or not, they were the exception. I had more than a handful of golfers, usually with money to burn, that didn't really want to change anything but hoped for a miracle cure like "just aim more to the right" and your fade will disappear OR they just wanted to tell their friends they are taking lessons. I had one student that owned 3 car dealerships that I taught for 2.5 years and  he came in every week and admitted right up front he wasn't gonna change anything and just wanted to say he was taking lessons to shut his friends up. I spent 75% of his lessons listening to him talk about his golf, friends, his business and equipment that he changed all the time. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have said this before, but you touched on the cornerstone of good instruction. My primary goal when I taught full time was to help someone continue to do what they already do ... much better. If a 50 yr old golfer that has an over the top slice move resulting in weak 200 yd drives that fade 15-20 yds came to me for lessons I had several questions they needed to answer honestly. I explained I am there for them and my only goal was to help them play better so they needed to answer my questions with 100% honesty. Do you want to fundamentally change your swing, which may take 1 to 2 years? How many days of practice are you willing to put in between lessons? Is your goal to just play better golf, p[lay business golf and just improve to be respectable, play some tournaments or just be better for your weekend round? Most were honest and just wanted to improve with minimal practice and would be happy just hitting more solid shots. 

... At that point my goal was to turn their 15-20 yd weak slice into a controlled 5-10 yd fade, with better contact and some increased distance. If I could help them drop their scores from 100+ to mid-low 90's that would be a huge success. Of course I also had students willing to change, put in the work and practice between lessons, my instruction was much different. But believe it or not, they were the exception. I had more than a handful of golfers, usually with money to burn, that didn't really want to change anything but hoped for a miracle cure like "just aim more to the right" and your fade will disappear OR they just wanted to tell their friends they are taking lessons. I had one student that owned 3 car dealerships that I taught for 2.5 years and  he came in every week and admitted right up front he wasn't gonna change anything and just wanted to say he was taking lessons to shut his friends up. I spent 75% of his lessons listening to him talk about his golf, friends, his business and equipment that he changed all the time. 

After reading this, I'm wondering how many of your students who were honest enough to tell you they weren't willing to put in the work, changed their mind and came back to you after you got them into the 90's wanting to now work harder to improve?

I'm sure they were happy to drop those 10 strokes, and hit a fade instead of the big slice, but I'd be so happy with that initial improvement you gave me, I'd be back looking for more... To me the fun/challenge in this game is the constant drive to get better. Maybe it's because of my prior sports background, but I can't imagine reaching a "level" and wanting to stay there.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

After reading this, I'm wondering how many of your students who were honest enough to tell you they weren't willing to put in the work, changed their mind and came back to you after you got them into the 90's wanting to now work harder to improve?

I'm sure they were happy to drop those 10 strokes, and hit a fade instead of the big slice, but I'd be so happy with that initial improvement you gave me, I'd be back looking for more... To me the fun/challenge in this game is the constant drive to get better. Maybe it's because of my prior sports background, but I can't imagine reaching a "level" and wanting to stay there.

... I just wanted to add to this. I am personally a big believer that the hands/wrists/arms control and produce power for the golf swing. After all the hands touching the grip is the only contact we have with a golf club, some unique anti yip putting grips the exception. Obviously the feet/legs/hips/c hest/shoulders play a big supporting role in a good swing but I have never been a body oriented swing guy. One of the illustrative drills I had my students execute was stand with your legs locked and without taking a body turn simply swing back cocking their wrists and swing forward re-cocking through impact. Most were surprised how far and straight they could hit the ball. Yet some with zero athletic background/poor hand eye coordination had a hard time doing this. So the other illustrative drill was hold the club in front and without actively cocking their wrists (some cocking will occur naturally) simple turn back and turn through allowing the body to power the swing. Most were surprised how short and crooked they hit the ball.

... One of my teaching "secrets" was to start a lesson with having someone just throw a golf ball at a patch pf grass 15 yards away. If they did so with normal throwing mechanics I knew they were going to be easier to teach. Those that threw like a push, using their body and little wrist action or what we politically incorrectly called "throwing like a girl" back in the day, or if they threw it underhanded I knew I had my work cut out for me. I had no problem teaching them a body oriented swing taking advantage of their natural tendencies, but would always at least try and get them to understand and execute a correct throwing motion and then attempt to incorporate that into their swing. 

27 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I just wanted to add to this. I am personally a big believer that the hands/wrists/arms control and produce power for the golf swing. After all the hands touching the grip is the only contact we have with a golf club, some unique anti yip putting grips the exception. Obviously the feet/legs/hips/c hest/shoulders play a big supporting role in a good swing but I have never been a body oriented swing guy. One of the illustrative drills I had my students execute was stand with your legs locked and without taking a body turn simply swing back cocking their wrists and swing forward re-cocking through impact. Most were surprised how far and straight they could hit the ball. Yet some with zero athletic background/poor hand eye coordination had a hard time doing this. So the other illustrative drill was hold the club in front and without actively cocking their wrists (some cocking will occur naturally) simple turn back and turn through allowing the body to power the swing. Most were surprised how short and crooked they hit the ball.

... One of my teaching "secrets" was to start a lesson with having someone just throw a golf ball at a patch pf grass 15 yards away. If they did so with normal throwing mechanics I knew they were going to be easier to teach. Those that threw like a push, using their body and little wrist action or what we politically incorrectly called "throwing like a girl" back in the day, or if they threw it underhanded I knew I had my work cut out for me. I had no problem teaching them a body oriented swing taking advantage of their natural tendencies, but would always at least try and get them to understand and execute a correct throwing motion and then attempt to incorporate that into their swing. 

I need to figure out how to turn throwing mechanics into a good golf swing. I can naturally throw a baseball, football, etc. with good mechanics. Pretty natural for me for that.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I need to figure out how to turn throwing mechanics into a good golf swing. I can naturally throw a baseball, football, etc. with good mechanics. Pretty natural for me for that.

... You can start by going into a field and literally throwing your golf club. Take a normal swing but at impact actually throw your golf club just like you would a ball. Try and keep your body turn out of the throw, just take a normal backswing but at impact stop your forward body movement and throw the entire club. Then keep that same throwing motion while holding on to the club and keep adding a little more forward rotation while keeping the throwing motion until you have a full swing. 

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... Exactly Stu SOOOOO many ways to swing a golf club with some kind of success. I have said this before, but you touched on the cornerstone of good instruction. My primary goal when I taught full time was to help someone continue to do what they already do ... much better. If a 50 yr old golfer that has an over the top slice move resulting in weak 200 yd drives that fade 15-20 yds came to me for lessons I had several questions they needed to answer honestly. I explained I am there for them and my only goal was to help them play better so they needed to answer my questions with 100% honesty. Do you want to fundamentally change your swing, which may take 1 to 2 years? How many days of practice are you willing to put in between lessons? Is your goal to just play better golf, p[lay business golf and just improve to be respectable, play some tournaments or just be better for your weekend round? Most were honest and just wanted to improve with minimal practice and would be happy just hitting more solid shots. 

You say the exact same thing my Bud who was one of the top instructors on the beach used to say. People would not put in the time between lessons to try to implement what they have been taught. Another observation I made and this is strictly IMHO but you touched on it. When I was at my old course it had a large tourist base and when they got In the practice area I would go to the putting green. The reason being no one  before the round practices putting. I remember one day I was working in the short game area pretty hard had been there at least a couple of hours. One of the old fart members made the turn and asked "you still here?" Which my starter bud replied yep and that is why he can smoke any of your guys. 

G

2 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

You say the exact same thing my Bud who was one of the top instructors on the beach used to say. People would not put in the time between lessons to try to implement what they have been taught. 

... Teaching someone a move that was difficult for them under my watchful eye until they were getting pretty good at it or at least moving in the right direction, it was always disappointing to have them come back a week later after playing their weekend round and putting in zero practice. So instead of picking up where we left off, we had to go back to square one and start all over again. 

... As I learned, it is just a reality of teaching golf. I loved helping golfers get better and giving them an understanding of how their swing works but I also learned taking peoples money that did not want to learn is just part of the job. I remember very early in my teaching career telling a student after 3 lessons there was nothing I could teach him if he wasn't willing to put in the work between lessons. He was pretty mad and bad mouthed me to several other students that encouraged him to take lessons with me. It was an eye opener. So like a doctor telling his sickly patient to stop smoking, cut back on their drinking and start eating healthier food but they ignore him/her and come back sick again, you can only give it your best efforts and the rest is up to them. 

54 minutes ago, chisag said:

... You can start by going into a field and literally throwing your golf club. Take a normal swing but at impact actually throw your golf club just like you would a ball. Try and keep your body turn out of the throw, just take a normal backswing but at impact stop your forward body movement and throw the entire club. Then keep that same throwing motion while holding on to the club and keep adding a little more forward rotation while keeping the throwing motion until you have a full swing. 

The very first time I picked up a golf club was at a local muni’s driving range about 15 years ago. I was with a friend who Is a very good golfer. I’m not sure if he ever went through the process of becoming a certified instructor, but I remember him working at a local country club until he was almost 30.

I hit about half a bucket before he told me to let go of the club and throw it as far down the range as I could. I thought he was busting on me, just telling me to give up trying to learn.

After about 5 tosses, a light came on. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t suddenly striping every shot, but I realized what the move should feel like....

Until you told this story, I’d never heard of anyone else having someone throw the club like that.

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... Teaching someone a move that was difficult for them under my watchful eye until they were getting pretty good at it or at least moving in the right direction, it was always disappointing to have them come back a week later after playing their weekend round and putting in zero practice. So instead of picking up where we left off, we had to go back to square one and start all over again. 

... As I learned, it is just a reality of teaching golf. I loved helping golfers get better and giving them an understanding of how their swing works but I also learned taking peoples money that did not want to learn is just part of the job. I remember very early in my teaching career telling a student after 3 lessons there was nothing I could teach him if he wasn't willing to put in the work between lessons. He was pretty mad and bad mouthed me to several other students that encouraged him to take lessons with me. It was an eye opener. So like a doctor telling his sickly patient to stop smoking, cut back on their drinking and start eating healthier food but they ignore him/her and come back sick again, you can only give it your best efforts and the rest is up to them. 

That is exactly what my instructor bud told me darn near word for word

G

11 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

The very first time I picked up a golf club was at a local muni’s driving range about 15 years ago. I was with a friend who Is a very good golfer. I’m not sure if he ever went through the process of becoming a certified instructor, but I remember him working at a local country club until he was almost 30.

I hit about half a bucket before he told me to let go of the club and throw it as far down the range as I could. I thought he was busting on me, just telling me to give up trying to learn.

After about 5 tosses, a light came on. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t suddenly striping every shot, but I realized what the move should feel like....

Until you told this story, I’d never heard of anyone else having someone throw the club like that.

Man I hate to say this but back in the day I had plenty practice throwing clubs but it was not for instructional or game improvement reasons. One of my buds likes to quip that I broke so many clubs I was going broke getting Harold Dale ( local clubmaker) to fix them so I had to learn to fix them myself.----- He was not lying---- But I mellowed out some 20 years ago thankfully

G

1 hour ago, Killex said:

I can guess a few reasons golf is not booming at the moment.

TIME: Golf takes a long time. It is a minimum on 4 hours on the course, then all the preparations that go along with it. Driving, warming up, check in, etc. On average you are looking at a 6 hour part of the day.

MONEY: Golf is a very expensive sport. It always has been and more than likely always will be. Along with the actual cost of green fees, equipment and apparel are getting out of hand.

PEOPLE: With all the new technology in the world, people are simply not getting outside as much as they used to. Kids are playing more video and computer games than when I grew up. When I was a kid I looked up to Tiger Woods and he motivated me to get outside and play golf.

What makes you think golf isn’t booming? 

people have been buying all the new equipment. TM sold thru their initial stock of p770 irons and iirc the p7mc in less than a week and by the end of the second week were already into delivery dates of November and December. 

i haven’t seen numbers in the titleist driver and woods release but based on limited info available via forums they are having success with the launch. 

Rounds played for the year are up. I read somewhere that September alone has a 25% increase in rounds played. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'm guessing that entire post was created to get us to click on the embedded links, which I won't be doing. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

6 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I'm guessing that entire post was created to get us to click on the embedded links, which I won't be doing. 

I refused to do it too

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

49 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

42 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I refused to do it too

Don't worry, nobody will be clicking on it now 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

people have been buying all the new equipment. TM sold thru their initial stock of p770 irons and iirc the p7mc in less than a week and by the end of the second week were already into delivery dates of November and December. 

i haven’t seen numbers in the titleist driver and woods release but based on limited info available via forums they are having success with the launch. 
Rounds played for the year are up. I read somewhere that September alone has a 25% increase in rounds played. 

Have to agree w you, golf is going strong. With all the indoor activities limited due to C-19 golf has increased here that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

this thread seems to be winding down, and my opinion was probably already stated on page 2, but i'll give my input anyway..
i've only been a member here for a short while, and i've only been playing golf for a few months.  with that being said, i've never been hesitant to post a question or comment on this site for fear of being flamed or ridiculed. 
i don't know everything about golf, and when i'm out of my depth i value the conversations here as an opportunity to learn.
  i do know a ton about mechanics, how the body works, fitness, nutrition, and general athletic ability, and i've found that when i speak from a point of experience or knowledge here, people take the time to listen to me. 
as a new player and new member i could easily be ignored or brushed off - but that's not the case.  big hi-five to MGS for the warm and fuzzy feelings!!
giphy.gif
i did recently join WRX for the sole purpose of farming their classified section.  despite being new to the game, i swing the club really fast and hard.  i've found that once the guys on WRX who "carry the ball 350" realize they actually don't...they end up selling a lot of equipment that fits me pretty damn well for substantial discounts.  
in reading through some of their content though...it's an ongoing episode of the real housewives, just set on a golf forum.  insults and attacks fly with reckless abandon and innocent questions are mocked and trampled on. 
giphy.gif
i read a thread the other day where someone was looking for the brand name for a particular type of alignment sticks and the first response was "JUST BUY A DRIVEWAY MARKER YOU IDIOT"  real nice bunch of guys.  very welcoming lolol

I guess that’s why a lot of us are on MGS.

Rick

Left Hand, 

i think this exchange from WRX sums it up. this is the first reply to a new thread, by the way. 

DCBCB91D-8244-46E5-8F7D-98FCAAB0FDE3.png

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

i think this exchange from WRX sums it up. this is the first reply to a new thread, by the way. 

DCBCB91D-8244-46E5-8F7D-98FCAAB0FDE3.png.87d80821c8d44aab919f789486546994.png

Wow, Nice folks

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Yep for some courses here it is booming despite the Canadians not being allowed to come down (by their own country not us). And I have noticed an influx of younger folks playing the game with what looks like their Father's or Grandfather's clubs dragged out of the attic. I have seen more old white Ping staff bags with eye 2 and Zing irons than I have ever seen in my life

G

9 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I know rounds here are at a huge increase. Weather at this point in the year definitely attributes to that, but golf is not dead quite the opposite in fact it’s thriving. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

40 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I know rounds here are at a huge increase. Weather at this point in the year definitely attributes to that, but golf is not dead quite the opposite in fact it’s thriving. 

Same here....Usually the beginning of Oct I would have the course to myself on a weekend afternoon.  Its been solid tee times up to about 2:00 even this past weekend.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

55 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Yep for some courses here it is booming despite the Canadians not being allowed to come down (by their own country not us). And I have noticed an influx of younger folks playing the game with what looks like their Father's or Grandfather's clubs dragged out of the attic. I have seen more old white Ping staff bags with eye 2 and Zing irons than I have ever seen in my life

I don't know Stu. I think the courses down here are going to be hurting this winter without the Canadians coming down. I don't have to tell you how many we usually get...

With the virus getting bad down here, I'm assuming we'll be getting about the same amount of snowbirds from the U.S. but who knows? It's been a really bad year for local businesses...