TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Springbok

9 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I don't know Stu. I think the courses down here are going to be hurting this winter without the Canadians coming down. I don't have to tell you how many we usually get...

With the virus getting bad down here, I'm assuming we'll be getting about the same amount of snowbirds from the U.S. but who knows? It's been a really bad year for local businesses...

A lot of it depends on what the business plan of the course is. Good example is the Founders Group. They had leaned more towards the Motel Packages in recent years and shunned the locals. Now they are hurting because no Snowbirds and they have pissed most of the locals off. The PGM Group is doing good because mostly they lean towards locals. My new home course Indigo Creek is doing well because they cater to us locals and memberships are up. We have had a pretty good membership drive this year. The weekly scramble is doing pretty decent with around 60 players or so every week. Usually this time of the year we have a lot more but the Canadians are not here. I have not played the scramble in 2 weeks now because I was swinging too hard and hurting myself. I do know the Motels and rentals are having it rough this year. They stated on TV the occupancy rates were down some 60% this year. Restaurants are touch and go some are doing ok others are not. Everyone I know in that business has a common problem trying to find good help or any help period. No one wants to work any more. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

This isn’t even the right place for this, but I have noticed an uptick in golf here.  I actually don’t like it, the course is jammed up all day long with people.  Sure if you get there on a Wednesday morning you are good.  And I will never say that about a kid wanting to play, but when you are in an area that is pretty sparse for golf courses... there isn’t room for any growth and still be able to enjoy a sub 8 hour round.

I made one post on golfwrx I think, maybe 2-3 but the atmosphere there is wretched, and smells like a bunch of jerks most of the time. But I do still read the WITB pages, I like seeing what the pros are doing, since it is my favorite sport and all.

18 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I made one post on golfwrx I think, maybe 2-3 but the atmosphere there is wretched, and smells like a bunch of jerks most of the time. But I do still read the WITB pages, I like seeing what the pros are doing, since it is my favorite sport and all.

“smells like jerks” is how i’m entering rooms from now on  

image.gif.2633a9d0ddb4ff1a5b627687dd2b6885.gif

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

21 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

this thread seems to be winding down, and my opinion was probably already stated on page 2, but i'll give my input anyway..

i've only been a member here for a short while, and i've only been playing golf for a few months.  with that being said, i've never been hesitant to post a question or comment on this site for fear of being flamed or ridiculed. 

i don't know everything about golf, and when i'm out of my depth i value the conversations here as an opportunity to learn.

i do know a ton about mechanics, how the body works, fitness, nutrition, and general athletic ability, and i've found that when i speak from a point of experience or knowledge here, people take the time to listen to me. 

as a new player and new member i could easily be ignored or brushed off - but that's not the case.  big hi-five to MGS for the warm and fuzzy feelings!!

giphy.gif

i did recently join WRX for the sole purpose of farming their classified section.  despite being new to the game, i swing the club really fast and hard.  i've found that once the guys on WRX who "carry the ball 350" realize they actually don't...they end up selling a lot of equipment that fits me pretty damn well for substantial discounts.  

in reading through some of their content though...it's an ongoing episode of the real housewives, just set on a golf forum.  insults and attacks fly with reckless abandon and innocent questions are mocked and trampled on. 

giphy.gif

i read a thread the other day where someone was looking for the brand name for a particular type of alignment sticks and the first response was "JUST BUY A DRIVEWAY MARKER YOU IDIOT"  real nice bunch of guys.  very welcoming lolol

There's a not insignificant troll population at WRX, and they are getting more active.  Sad.

If you were to post at WRX, asking for advice, it would be reasonable to expect a flurry of comments that range across disbelief, snarky comments, and outright accusations of lying.  Happens every time someone with clubhead speed chimes in.  Going on right now, or it did, in the last few days, in the "anyone not use a fairway wood thread."

The expectation is what's reasonable.  The responses themselves, not so much.  🙂

It's not really just a WRX thing, I've seen it on just about every golf forum I've been on over the years.  For some reason, guys just don't want to believe it, usually because they don't see it too often. 

And they like to tie "distance" with "scoring ability," though they're not actually directly related.  It's interesting.

Beyond that, there's a number of folks who seem to lack imagination, or the ability to extrapolate, and like to jump on anything that's even the slightest bit outside their range of experience.  

A lot of this is really just the Human Condition, at least in part.  Makes me wonder sometimes how we've survived as a species.  LOL

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

22 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

in reading through some of their content though...it's an ongoing episode of the real housewives, just set on a golf forum.  insults and attacks fly with reckless abandon and innocent questions are mocked and trampled on. 

giphy.gif

i read a thread the other day where someone was looking for the brand name for a particular type of alignment sticks and the first response was "JUST BUY A DRIVEWAY MARKER YOU IDIOT"  real nice bunch of guys.  very welcoming lolol

I laughed out loud at that analogy! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 12/1/2020 at 8:16 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

What makes you think golf isn’t booming? 

people have been buying all the new equipment. TM sold thru their initial stock of p770 irons and iirc the p7mc in less than a week and by the end of the second week were already into delivery dates of November and December. 

i haven’t seen numbers in the titleist driver and woods release but based on limited info available via forums they are having success with the launch. 

Rounds played for the year are up. I read somewhere that September alone has a 25% increase in rounds played. 

Just a heads up for those of that wonder who or what post RickyBobby is replying to here.

There was a post from a not so well disguised spammer saying the reason golf is dying is....and went on to espouse his expertise and very nicely included an embedded link to a improvement plan that he was either selling or endorsing. 

It's now in the recycle file if anyone is interested 🙂   But I know sometimes I read a reply and can't find the original post that it's in reference to, so I thought I'd mention it. 

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

This isn’t even the right place for this, but I have noticed an uptick in golf here.  I actually don’t like it, the course is jammed up all day long with people.  Sure if you get there on a Wednesday morning you are good.  And I will never say that about a kid wanting to play, but when you are in an area that is pretty sparse for golf courses... there isn’t room for any growth and still be able to enjoy a sub 8 hour round.

That is why when you see me on there I am either in the Classic Golf and Golfers Forum or the Clubhouse Grille section of the 19th hole. I do look at the Pros WITB and members WITB but as a general rule do not comment in those 2 sections 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

12 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Just a heads up for those of that wonder who or what post RickyBobby is replying to here.

There was a post from a not so well disguised spammer saying the reason golf is dying is....and went on to espouse his expertise and very nicely included an embedded link to a improvement plan that he was either selling or endorsing. 

It's now in the recycle file if anyone is interested 🙂   But I know sometimes I read a reply and can't find the original post that it's in reference to, so I thought I'd mention it. 

Yep you mods jumped on that like a Bassett Hound on a biscuit. Good Job

G

5 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Just when we needed an @ole gray reference.  Well played big fella!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

5 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Just when we needed an @ole gray reference.  Well played big fella!

You know he has a habit of wearing off on a person.

G

Didn’t see that coming.
Had an short email conversation w OG a while ago and he’s doing OK.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I am just about done over there period. Heavy handed moderating at it again. One of the Mods I guess did not have anything else to do went into the Club House Grille Section and done some Covid related deletes. Also issued a warning about covid related posts. I know for a fact nothing inflammatory was said. Censorship on there and on Facebook

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

I am just about done over there period. Heavy handed moderating at it again. One of the Mods I guess did not have anything else to do went into the Club House Grille Section and done some Covid related deletes. Also issued a warning about covid related posts. I know for a fact nothing inflammatory was said. Censorship on there and on Facebook

From my perspective, I can't hold that against them.  Some topics almost certainly generate topic degeneration, like politics, and unfortunately COVID.  Even if the discussions are currently civil, they will inevitably draw the sorts of posts and people who turn it into a dumpster fire.

It's unavoidable, sadly.  It's killed a lot of forums and Usenet groups. 

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

10 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

From my perspective, I can't hold that against them.  Some topics almost certainly generate topic degeneration, like politics, and unfortunately COVID.  Even if the discussions are currently civil, they will inevitably draw the sorts of posts and people who turn it into a dumpster fire.

I agree. I am on a few other forums (not golf related) that offer a "room" just for those types of discussions. For the most part, it works well. Nothing creeps into the main topic forums. You have to have thick skin and be prepared to have your opinions challenged, but it's not a bad thing to learn about differing opinions on the world, and what's going on in it. .... and that is just my opinion. 😉

I've never spent anytime on that site but do find lots of links to their threads when searching for information. Some are pretty good but there does seem to be a difference in tone than MGS (more heavy handed opinions).  Still WAY better than the forum that shall remain nameless but from which I left when I stumbled on MGS.  That place is a joke; unless you agree with the website owner's opinions and his seemingly endless input on every single damn thread 😏.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

34 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

if you wanna see a topic degenerate and spin off into the ether...go find the thread about Justin Thomas saying Tiger’s son trash talks him on the course. 

absolutely wild. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

44 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I agree. I am on a few other forums (not golf related) that offer a "room" just for those types of discussions. For the most part, it works well. Nothing creeps into the main topic forums. You have to have thick skin and be prepared to have your opinions challenged, but it's not a bad thing to learn about differing opinions on the world, and what's going on in it. .... and that is just my opinion. 😉

... Just mind boggling to me and why social media has lost it's way. If you look at Covid as a medical issue, the facts are crystal clear. If you want to engage in Covid as a political issue, it is complete chaos. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

Haven't thought about usenet in a long time.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

... You and I watched another forum implode after allowing politics to filter into the forum. The problem with politics is those on the far edges that are so ignorant, have no idea they are waaaaaay on one side or the other and will rant, abuse and denigrate anyone that is not in lock step with their opinion. Sadly quite a few there were in lock step and it destroyed what was once a similar forum to MGS. As Silver and Black said, it is always good to hear others opinions especially those different than your own if presented respectfully, something almost impossible in todays divided country stoked by social media and for profit media outlets. 

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

... You and I watched another forum implode after allowing politics to filter into the forum. The problem with politics is those on the far edges that are so ignorant, have no idea they are waaaaaay on one side or the other and will rant, abuse and denigrate anyone that is not in lock step with their opinion. Sadly quite a few there were in lock step and it destroyed what was once a similar forum to MGS. As Silver and Black said, it is always good to hear others opinions especially those different than your own if presented respectfully, something almost impossible in todays divided country stoked by social media and for profit media outlets. 

That was one of the examples in mind as I was typing my post.  🙂

Sadly, it's not the only one.  There are too many examples.

39 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Haven't thought about usenet in a long time.  

Before I started playing golf, I was a bowler.  It was the mid 90s when I discovered alt.sport.bowling.  Learned a lot there.

So when I started playing golf, I looked for similar options, started sifting thru rec.sport.golf.  I didn't stick around long, too much BS and e-peen waving.

I may have just betrayed my former gaming habit.  LOL

Forums are privately owned and can, for the most part, do what they want. If a forum chooses to delete specific content, it's their right to do so, just as it's also their right to allow certain topics to continue. We don't have to like or agree with it, because frankly, posters have no say. All we can do is move on to other forums and be done with it, as many of us have with other golf-related forums on the web after seeing the actions the owners and mods took.

Re: Usenet - man, was that place an absolute dumpster fire. I was heavily involved in Usenet in the late 90's/early 2000's and boy oh boy talk about insanity. Even in some groups with relatively tame topics (bands, drumming, etc) things would spiral out of control quickly.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

16 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

That was one of the examples in mind as I was typing my post.  🙂

Sadly, it's not the only one.  There are too many examples.

... It was my first forum of any kind. As someone with an open mind that also enjoys irony and satire, I though the forum was moderated too tightly and didn't allow individual expression. What I later learned was there are trolls, both intentional and unintentional that will bring everyone down around them. Once the original owner/moderator bowed out and let a more lax atmosphere become the standard, I realized the inmates were running the asylum. It is sad that people being kind to each other, regardless of opinions, is something that has to be kept tightly controlled because there are too many out there that did not see kindness and understanding as the norm.

... WRX is a perfect example. There was a thread about comfortable walking golf shoes ands I posted a picture of my Foot Joy Athletic shoes that were very comfortable. The amount of posters attacking those shoes and making fun of them was overwhelming. Once one jumped in with rude comments, the floodgates opened and the trolls tried to out do one another with nasty comments. Completely lost was shoe comfort, the OP's original question. 

2 hours ago, silver & black said:

Totally agree good to have open discussion. I believe the COVID thread at the beginning on here was shut down correct? That was a great thread for people from all over the world to discuss something effecting all of us, totally new and never seen (by any of us anyway) something that effected the entire world at once. Pretty sure that spiraled as we went on though.

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Just mind boggling to me and why social media has lost it's way. If you look at Covid as a medical issue, the facts are crystal clear. If you want to engage in Covid as a political issue, it is complete chaos. 

Thats the tough part is that so many topics just get into the weeds of politics, especially COVID which it has been created (here anyway, shame on me I honestly do not pay much attention to the outside world when it comes to COVID at this point in time) into a political battle instead of a humane discussion. typical us vs them mentality.

Also not sure if anyone has seen "social dilemma" on facebook but they have a wild graph in there about since social media became a very dominant thing in our lives the political left and right views have created a massive divide. It was something similar to this website below: Just wild stuff

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/charts-americas-political-divide-1994-2017/

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

49 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It was my first forum of any kind. As someone with an open mind that also enjoys irony and satire, I though the forum was moderated too tightly and didn't allow individual expression. What I later learned was there are trolls, both intentional and unintentional that will bring everyone down around them.

I didn't realize that.  Or maybe I forgot knowing that, LOL.

That forum spawned out of the chaos/cesspool that was the Golfonline Equipment Forum, aka the EF.  It was largely unmoderated, and devolved to the point that many/most bolted.  That's what prompted the moderation philosophy of the forum of which we speak.  The EF, as well as the Usenet groups I'd mentioned, were such that I hesitated for a couple months before actually registering for an ID on Delphi Forums.  🙂

Once the original owner/moderator bowed out and let a more lax atmosphere become the standard, I realized the inmates were running the asylum. It is sad that people being kind to each other, regardless of opinions, is something that has to be kept tightly controlled because there are too many out there that did not see kindness and understanding as the norm.unintentional that will bring everyone down around them. 

It didn't help that one of the bigger offenders was largely left in charge.  

... WRX is a perfect example. There was a thread about comfortable walking golf shoes ands I posted a picture of my Foot Joy Athletic shoes that were very comfortable. The amount of posters attacking those shoes and making fun of them was overwhelming. Once one jumped in with rude comments, the floodgates opened and the trolls tried to out do one another with nasty comments. Completely lost was shoe comfort, the OP's original question. 

I sometimes think too many people watch snarky TV shows, and spend their time emulating it (the overall tone) in an effort to gain the internet version of their 15 minutes of fame.  smh

Edited by NRJyzr

28 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Also not sure if anyone has seen "social dilemma" on facebook but they have a wild graph in there about since social media became a very dominant thing in our lives the political left and right views have created a massive divide. It was something similar to this website below: Just wild stuff

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/charts-americas-political-divide-1994-2017/

My take is that current social media trends are merely a demonstration of the divide that exists.  I think we can look back to the 90s for the actual genesis of that divide.

Modern social media just provides a more noticeable outlet for it

IMHO of course  🙂

Edited by NRJyzr

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Forums are privately owned and can, for the most part, do what they want. If a forum chooses to delete specific content, it's their right to do so, just as it's also their right to allow certain topics to continue. We don't have to like or agree with it, because frankly, posters have no say. All we can do is move on to other forums and be done with it, as many of us have with other golf-related forums on the web after seeing the actions the owners and mods took.

Re: Usenet - man, was that place an absolute dumpster fire. I was heavily involved in Usenet in the late 90's/early 2000's and boy oh boy talk about insanity. Even in some groups with relatively tame topics (bands, drumming, etc) things would spiral out of control quickly.

I remember the conversation you and I had before you joined here.  I’m so happy you jumped in! 

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I remember the conversation you and I had before you joined here.  I’m so happy you jumped in! 

Same here, buddy. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game