TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Springbok

12 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

I feel a little less old after all the 10 Years After comments.  Even if one of my favorite albums is close to 40 years old.  LOL

LOL I had to rethink my math yesterday. I posted on PGS a comment on a Jupiter Slugger driver. I had stated I had only seen one in person and that was 40 years ago when I was 13 or so. Proof read my post realized my math mistake More like 50 years ago!!! Yep getting old

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Just to let you guys know, GolfWRX isn't the only golf site(not MGS) that has people bragging about how far they hit a club, just sayin.... 

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

I visit both and have been more active this last year on MGS over WRX. Each has their own place. A few places I frequented many years ago was Golfrewound and there was some kind of parting ways and Golfrewound Too (?) was formed. Don't believe either are active anymore.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

23 hours ago, TENBUCK said:

Just to let you guys know, GolfWRX isn't the only golf site(not MGS) that has people bragging about how far they hit a club, just sayin.... 

I hate to say it, but I find the discussions there more interactive. BTW, distance will always be the bragging point. There aren't really enough out there that can brag about breaking par!

BT

As a member of both, I see much more activity there, maybe not all positive, but I can read there daily and never make it through all the new discussion. I find a handful of active topics here with the same 25 people contributing. I think golfwrx changed greatly when it got so profit oriented. When you look at the stats, there are always 1500-4,000-members at wrx on at a time so activity shows it is pretty relevant. Not sure of the total membership of each site, but I'm sure there is a lot of overlap. Content is almost exact with more standardized testing going on here. When I want to see product testing and reviews, I come here. When I want to buy clubs, read about pros or get general club opinions, I go there. 

7 hours ago, RI_Redneck said:

I hate to say it, but I find the discussions there more interactive. BTW, distance will always be the bragging point. There aren't really enough out there that can brag about breaking par!

BT

Nah, I understand the distance thing, it's when you talk to them about a topic and inevitability some how distance get into the picture and when you tell them that your max is 230-240...it's like ohhhh, meaning what does a guy who can't reach at least 250 doing in our discussions. 

Grips- GP MCC+4

5 hours ago, cardia10 said:

As a member of both, I see much more activity there, maybe not all positive, but I can read there daily and never make it through all the new discussion. I find a handful of active topics here with the same 25 people contributing. I think golfwrx changed greatly when it got so profit oriented. When you look at the stats, there are always 1500-4,000-members at wrx on at a time so activity shows it is pretty relevant. Not sure of the total membership of each site, but I'm sure there is a lot of overlap. Content is almost exact with more standardized testing going on here. When I want to see product testing and reviews, I come here. When I want to buy clubs, read about pros or get general club opinions, I go there. 

I have perused there so I can’t speak to the content but there is arguably a lot here as well I definitly cannot get through the new stuff daily.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

19 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I have perused there so I can’t speak to the content but there is arguably a lot here as well I definitly cannot get through the new stuff daily.

I’ve said this before but it bears repeating. 
When I joined here in 2016, an entire days posting was contained on one page.  I honestly could read all New Content in about thirty minutes to an hour.  I found myself going bsck to threads from 2-3 years to read stuff. 

Now I cant even do that in one day.  

It’s been awesome to see more and more new members come along and get active. 

I also know from talking to them, some of our most active members have been members for years, but just started posting regularly this year.   That is very cool to see 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

28 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

When I joined here in 2016, an entire days posting was contained on one page.  I honestly could read all New Content in about thirty minutes to an hour.  I found myself going bsck to threads from 2-3 years to read stuff. 

I also know from talking to them, some of our most active members have been members for years, but just started posting regularly this year.   That is very cool to see 

There is a lot and I have to stick to the stuff that really is important to me or am interested in. Just so much content going up

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

10 hours ago, TENBUCK said:

Nah, I understand the distance thing, it's when you talk to them about a topic and inevitability some how distance get into the picture and when you tell them that your max is 230-240...it's like ohhhh, meaning what does a guy who can't reach at least 250 doing in our discussions. 

Yeah I ran into that before over there. Before I was hurt I hit it maybe 235 or so but heck I am over 60. But the difference is I have been playing long enough I know how to golf my ball. I was questioned on how I can have a 5 handicap only hitting the ball that far. It got so bad I finally told the poster to bring himself and his billfold down here and I would show him. He ain't showed up to this day. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

22 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Yeah I ran into that before over there. Before I was hurt I hit it maybe 235 or so but heck I am over 60. But the difference is I have been playing long enough I know how to golf my ball. I was questioned on how I can have a 5 handicap only hitting the ball that far. It got so bad I finally told the poster to bring himself and his billfold down here and I would show him. He ain't showed up to this day. 

Money always talks 💪

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I just opened almost every main topic here just to see the activity. The top 10 threads within a topic is active within the last week. When you get to the end of the first page, the last activity ranges from mid august to mid November. On wrx, the comparable thread, at the end of the first page, it shows last post was 16 hours ago. To get back to mid November, I had to get 3 pages in and 7 pages in to get to August. I see that those top topics are very active but based on breadth of content, golfwrx is significantly more active. I don't know about total membership numbers and what that has to do with it. To give you an idea, golfwrx has 2,400 people viewing now. Here there is about 380. Given, that doesn't mean one is more relevant than the other, but wrx is definitely more used. Like I said earlier, I dig deeper into reviews and testing here as that is where I find the best info here. To me, they serve 2 very different purposes, but both has their strengths and I appreciate having both!

Edited by cardia10

3 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

I just opened almost every main topic here just to see the activity. The top 10 threads within a topic is active within the last week. When you get to the end of the first page, the last activity ranges from mid august to mid November. On wrx, the comparable thread, at the end of the first page, it shows last post was 16 hours ago. To get back to mid November, I had to get 3 pages in and 7 pages in to get to August. I see that those top topics are very active but based on breadth of content, golfwrx is significantly more active. I don't know about total membership numbers and what that has to do with it. To give you an idea, golfwrx has 2,400 people viewing now. Here there is about 380. Given, that doesn't mean one is more relevant than the other, but wrx is definitely more used. Like I said earlier, I dig deeper into reviews and testing here as that is where I find the best info here. 

there’s definitely a lot more members and activity over there, for sure 

but if you look at any thread that really gets legs, it might be 100+ replies but 60 of those are from the same 3 or 4 guys arguing with each other. 

i see MGS vs WRX as the difference between men talking and women talking

when men talk, a lot is said without saying much. when women talk, very little is said despite endless chatter. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Sometimes I want 60 pages of PXG reviews. 54 pages of the new Taylor Made irons discussion. Is it all relevant, probably not, but that is a lot of real life experiences to read through. Half of it may be trash, but I'd rather have 1,000 personal opinions on clubs than the same 10 swooning over every release. I like the ball testing reviews here, but I can go to the ball subsection on wrx and see on course review as well as launch monitor review for 180 pages on just Snell. Just the sheer number of members provide so much more data. You do get a lot of fluff, but it is simple to block members and not see their posts so you can thin the herd to just what you want to see. For me, I check here weekly or monthly and check there daily. I also love trying lots of different clubs so the BST section is 2-3 pages of new clubs a day there which I like. 

If I am actively looking for equipment for myself or somebody else I look at their BST. 

I avoid the rest as I don't need the dose of acerbic, condescending, argumentative attitude it seems most of the threads devolved into.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Just now, Shapotomous said:

If I am actively looking for equipment for myself or somebody else I look at their BST. 

I avoid the rest as I don't need the dose of acerbic, condescending, argumentative attitude most all the threads devolved into.

That is totally true as well. The site there totally changed when it got more commercial. The membership probably tripled and has much less of a family feel now. I have so many new members on a block list it is scary. I also don't like that you can pay to post a bst ad instead of being a contributing member. Leads to lots of scams and shady deals. The feedback system is back now so that is nice and lets you know who is safe to deal with. 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Money always talks 💪

And BS walks 👊

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

12 hours ago, Lacassem said:

12 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

While we may not generate the same amount of content as a site like WRX daily, I'd like to think the content we do generate is more thoughtful/actually useful to the conversation than a simple shallow reply or thought. I can't tell you the number of times I've written something out and never posted it because it didn't add to the conversation.

Sure, we could generate plenty of #CobraConnect-length review posts if everyone just posted simple short answers without much depth or thought.

I looked at a lot of WRX content when deciding whether to buy the Tour Striker Planemate and also my L.A.B. DF putter since they had some official reviews. Personally, I found their official "reviews" to be pretty lacking in any sort of depth even though the number of comments on them was quite staggering. The Planemate thread was long and was more useful, in my opinion, but even so there wasn't a lot of actual feedback about how/why it helped the particular person's game.

My two cents... 🤷‍♂️

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

48 minutes ago, edingc said:

While we may not generate the same amount of content as a site like WRX daily, I'd like to think the content we do generate is more thoughtful/actually useful to the conversation than a simple shallow reply or thought. I can't tell you the number of times I've written something out and never posted it because it didn't add to the conversation.

Sure, we could generate plenty of #CobraConnect-length review posts if everyone just posted simple short answers without much depth or thought.

I looked at a lot of WRX content when deciding whether to buy the Tour Striker Planemate and also my L.A.B. DF putter since they had some official reviews. Personally, I found their official "reviews" to be pretty lacking in any sort of depth even though the number of comments on them was quite staggering. The Planemate thread was long and was more useful, in my opinion, but even so there wasn't a lot of actual feedback about how/why it helped the particular person's game.

My two cents... 🤷‍♂️

2ns this notion. Even when I was looking at the HZRDUS green shaft talk from here to WRX it was night and day. Discussion here about feel and what’s actually going on with the shaft vs you aren’t good enough or fast enough to swing that. 
Never put much thought into these aspects before until I got here and really the discussions here have made me look at what I am doing and feeling when swinging. 

Also not only with just reviews but just with my “plant based” thread @rbsiedschas been a wealth of knowledge there. Also folks that aren’t interested in doing that have been really supportive where over there I feel like would probably be a bash fest. 

Lastly no experience over there really other than my occasional peruse to compare so just my 3 cents

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 12/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, russtopherb said:

Honestly, we're almost a bit of an outlier because golf is a social sport. So a bunch of us have met with other posters to play golf, swap clubs, etc. and when there's real life interactions, most people will be a lot closer to their true selves online because they know if it comes down to it, they want to have friendly interactions when in person. Someone who comes off like a jerk online probably isn't going to get a lot of invites to walk 18 with another poster, or get the opportunity to test new clubs. If someone goes too far, they'll get banned from a forum and what do they do?

This is an excellent point. The last forum I participated in on a regular basis was a racing forum back in the 2000's (CART/F1/ALMS with a very, very strong anti-Indy Racing League slant). It was invitation-only and one of the requirements was you had to have met an existing member face-to-face (preferably at a race track). The forum was entirely unmoderated and occasionally a dumpster fire, but because we knew many of the people off line and had some thick skin, it was not a big deal. It was a ton of fun and I met some great people from all over the world in the process.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You're two cents are well spent!

Just to add on to your comments about the testing.  There are a couple OEM's I have spoken to about the difference between WRX and here, in pretty candid conversations.   They obviously see the benefit from pure numbers to be active with them.  But at the same time, told me that our Forum Reviews are the most thorough, and well done of any golf forum, and provide real value to them as as company.  That you can tell the testers put in the time and effort to put out an honest and complete review.  They don't just take the club and give a half hearted attempt at writing about how good it is and then move on.    That was SOOOO good to hear.   

We as a staff may not always do the best job of thanking the testers after the fact, but for anyone who has tested this year or previously...THANK YOU!  if it wasn't for the quality of the work done, we might not be in he position to get as many testing opportunities as we do.    I know when I was in talks with Titleist for over a year, a large reason for them jumping in this year was what they saw from some of the previous reviews!   They new the irons would get a good full 4 to 6 week look and that both positive and constructive critique would be provided. 

... If you write a review here, you will get respectful positive and negative opinions within the review. What you don't get is posters calling you an IDIOT because you like PXG irons or a MORON because you don't like PXG irons. I used to write reviews on WRX and they were only reviews of clubs I found at the PGA Show and absolutely loved. Of course the reviews were positive but I got flamed for being a shill or getting a kickback or a myriad of other reasons from haters. Something positive about Taylor Made and I was a fan boy, something nice about Cobra and I was paid to write because no self respecting WRX playah could possible use Cobra irons. It was more the norm than the exception. 

... Of curse the backbone of WRX is the MB vs CB threads that are always a dumpster fire. But the Classifieds are the best for any golf forum so I give them that. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

2ns this notion. Even when I was looking at the HZRDUS green shaft talk from here to WRX it was night and day. Discussion here about feel and what’s actually going on with the shaft vs you aren’t good enough or fast enough to swing that. 

... Yup. Another common occurrence is posting that you are considering either Titleist T100 or Callaway Apex Pro irons having narrowed your choice to those 2 and would like to get feedback from anyone that has played them. Immediately responses will tell the OP to look at Mizuno irons which are clearly superior or move up to TaylorMade MB's and be a real player. Of course they should really get fit for PXG too because they are the best irons ever made. And anyone with even 1/2 a brain would be buying Srixon irons over Titleist or Callaway. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

53 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Of curse the backbone of WRX is the MB vs CB threads that are always a dumpster fire. But the Classifieds are the best for any golf forum so I give them that. 

this is the only reason i’m over there, and i’ve made out really well. 

but i browse while waiting for new listings to go up. i don’t watch reality tv, and my wife is about as low maintenance as they come, so i’ve gotta get my drama fix somewhere 😂😂

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

9 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

this is the only reason i’m over there, and i’ve made out really well. 

but i browse while waiting for new listings to go up. i don’t watch reality tv, and my wife is about as low maintenance as they come, so i’ve gotta get my drama fix somewhere 😂😂

That's me to a T over there. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

re: Posts - Quality > Quantity.

'Nuff said.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Yup. Another common occurrence is posting that you are considering either Titleist T100 or Callaway Apex Pro irons having narrowed your choice to those 2 and would like to get feedback from anyone that has played them. Immediately responses will tell the OP to look at Mizuno irons which are clearly superior or move up to TaylorMade MB's and be a real player. Of course they should really get fit for PXG too because they are the best irons ever made. And anyone with even 1/2 a brain would be buying Srixon irons over Titleist or Callaway. 

Yep, that sounds very familiar on some boards.....depending on who the OEM that the forum wants to promote. BTW, those  trips for fitting and "free" gear I've always was curious about that. In speaking to a long time member, he didn't come out and exactly say it but he did say "you don't want to call this forum the friends and family forum to certain people".

Grips- GP MCC+4

47 minutes ago, TENBUCK said:

Yep, that sounds very familiar on some boards.....depending on who the OEM that the forum wants to promote. BTW, those  trips for fitting and "free" gear I've always was curious about that. In speaking to a long time member, he didn't come out and exactly say it but he did say "you don't want to call this forum the friends and family forum to certain people".

giphy.gif

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

6 hours ago, cardia10 said:

I just opened almost every main topic here just to see the activity. The top 10 threads within a topic is active within the last week. When you get to the end of the first page, the last activity ranges from mid august to mid November. On wrx, the comparable thread, at the end of the first page, it shows last post was 16 hours ago. To get back to mid November, I had to get 3 pages in and 7 pages in to get to August. I see that those top topics are very active but based on breadth of content, golfwrx is significantly more active. I don't know about total membership numbers and what that has to do with it. To give you an idea, golfwrx has 2,400 people viewing now. Here there is about 380. Given, that doesn't mean one is more relevant than the other, but wrx is definitely more used. Like I said earlier, I dig deeper into reviews and testing here as that is where I find the best info here. To me, they serve 2 very different purposes, but both has their strengths and I appreciate having both!

Some of them over there you do not want over here trust me

G

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... If you write a review here, you will get respectful positive and negative opinions within the review. What you don't get is posters calling you an IDIOT because you like PXG irons or a MORON because you don't like PXG irons. I used to write reviews on WRX and they were only reviews of clubs I found at the PGA Show and absolutely loved. Of course the reviews were positive but I got flamed for being a shill or getting a kickback or a myriad of other reasons from haters. Something positive about Taylor Made and I was a fan boy, something nice about Cobra and I was paid to write because no self respecting WRX playah could possible use Cobra irons. It was more the norm than the exception. 

Yep as usual you hit the old persimmon dead in the screws---  I got blasted over there one night for basically standing up for Bob Parsons at PXG who is a fellow veteran--- I told them PXG was not my cup of tea but Bob Parsons stated he was going to build golf clubs his way and had enough money he did not care if he made a profit or not. I told them if I had his resources I would do the same with the same attitude only mine would be true forged in the USA blades. Man I caught hell from both the PXG fans and the Miura TM fan boys--- Last time I ever posted in the equipment forums there.

BTW I added the persimmon reference for those that do not know what hitting it in the screws means. 

G