Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Springbok

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Yup. Another common occurrence is posting that you are considering either Titleist T100 or Callaway Apex Pro irons having narrowed your choice to those 2 and would like to get feedback from anyone that has played them. Immediately responses will tell the OP to look at Mizuno irons which are clearly superior or move up to TaylorMade MB's and be a real player. Of course they should really get fit for PXG too because they are the best irons ever made. And anyone with even 1/2 a brain would be buying Srixon irons over Titleist or Callaway. 

OHHH they would really roast me over there right now--- I am experimenting with a set of Homna G1-X shovels with XP-95 steel shafts. Man they hit like butter for a CB actually I think they are a GI iron. Oh I can still hit the old Macs but these deliver better results so far on the range. And even though the lofts are not jacked that much I get good height and distance for now with no really hard swinging. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

re: Posts - Quality > Quantity.

'Nuff said.

See, I'm happy someone said this. I think too often people get caught up on the numbers underneath our profiles. Just because you post alot doesn't mean you're posting well and if you consider how viable or vibrant a forum is based on these numbers I think you're missing the point. That's just my .02 on this. I'm always happy when we see an influx of new members, but I'm also really impressed with those who stick around and try to make this place better for all of us!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Some of them over there you do not want over here trust me

I think MGS has more responsible Mods

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

I think MGS has more responsible Mods emoji106.png

Oh absolutely and besides they converse on topics like regular folks-- Only one on WRX that I know of speaks and he is mostly in the Classic Golfers section

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

20 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yep as usual you hit the old persimmon dead in the screws---  I got blasted over there one night for basically standing up for Bob Parsons at PXG who is a fellow veteran--- I told them PXG was not my cup of tea but Bob Parsons stated he was going to build golf clubs his way and had enough money he did not care if he made a profit or not. I told them if I had his resources I would do the same with the same attitude only mine would be true forged in the USA blades. Man I caught hell from both the PXG fans and the Miura TM fan boys--- Last time I ever posted in the equipment forums there.

BTW I added the persimmon reference for those that do not know what hitting it in the screws means. 

It's funny, Stu.  I am not a fan of PXG, or of Parsons, but I see nothing wrong with your statement.  Seems rather reasonable to me.  <shrug>

I kind of understand where the Miura fanboi reaction comes from.  Miura, and maybe JDM in general, seems to have a cultish aspect about it, at least for some.  No offense intended to any JDM or Miura fans, of course.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

26 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

It's funny, Stu.  I am not a fan of PXG, or of Parsons, but I see nothing wrong with your statement.  Seems rather reasonable to me.  <shrug>

... I know very little about Bob Parsons other than in his Ads he portrays the exact kind of person that makes golf unpleasant. LOUD, obnoxious and arrogant. The BEST PERIOD! and BOOM Baby!!! conjurs up guys in carts playing their music waaaaaay too loud, driving next to the tee/green and drinking like they are freshman at a frat party. 

... That said, I certainly have no issue with anyone supporting Bob as a veteran, businessman or humanitarian. I just really REALLY dislike his Ads BABY!!! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

19 hours ago, Rickp said:

I think MGS has more responsible Mods emoji106.png

and they REALLY love new golf clubs 😜🤣

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

3 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

image.jpeg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 12/10/2020 at 10:05 AM, chisag said:

... Yup. Another common occurrence is posting that you are considering either Titleist T100 or Callaway Apex Pro irons having narrowed your choice to those 2 and would like to get feedback from anyone that has played them. Immediately responses will tell the OP to look at Mizuno irons which are clearly superior or move up to TaylorMade MB's and be a real player. Of course they should really get fit for PXG too because they are the best irons ever made. And anyone with even 1/2 a brain would be buying Srixon irons over Titleist or Callaway. 

Well, Titleist are Evil Incarnate.  I can't blame anyone for attempting to dissuade another from one of their products.  😈

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

10 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

I kind of understand where the Miura fanboi reaction comes from.  Miura, and maybe JDM in general, seems to have a cultish aspect about it, at least for some.  No offense intended to any JDM or Miura fans, of course.

Heck even I ( hold on to your hat ) am hitting Honma G1 X CBs while I am recovering. Yeah my club hoe buddy Bear bought them about 3 years ago and they were in the stash of 10 sets he dropped off a couple of weeks ago.

G

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... I know very little about Bob Parsons other than in his Ads he portrays the exact kind of person that makes golf unpleasant. LOUD, obnoxious and arrogant. The BEST PERIOD! and BOOM Baby!!! conjurs up guys in carts playing their music waaaaaay too loud, driving next to the tee/green and drinking like they are freshman at a frat party. 

... That said, I certainly have no issue with anyone supporting Bob as a veteran, businessman or humanitarian. I just really REALLY dislike his Ads BABY!!! 

Yep you are correct about his ads he is quite the showman---- But then again I have said this before If I like a club I could care less about the politics of the company like frequent club cycles or what Pro is on their staff etc. What I think is funny is I do not normally sail under false colors but my bud Bear bought some PXG irons a couple of years back and got a hat. He hates baseball hats so he gave it to me. Sometimes I wear it to the course and the tourist golfers look and then looked shocked me with one of my ratty bags full of rusty clubs. LOL what was funny today as one of our members pointed out were the shiny Honma irons in my ratty Jones bag with my rusty wedges and my rusty Scotty. He stated I had some "bling in the bag" I told him I need to do something about that bad for my image

G

9 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Yeah and they are good guys too they put up with me and normally I do not like shiny clubs. Yeah If I keep the before mentioned Honma irons I gotta do something

G

31 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Yep you are correct about his ads he is quite the showman---- But then again I have said this before If I like a club I could care less about the politics of the company like frequent club cycles or what Pro is on their staff etc. What I think is funny is I do not normally sail under false colors but my bud Bear bought some PXG irons a couple of years back and got a hat. He hates baseball hats so he gave it to me. Sometimes I wear it to the course and the tourist golfers look and then looked shocked me with one of my ratty bags full of rusty clubs. LOL what was funny today as one of our members pointed out were the shiny Honma irons in my ratty Jones bag with my rusty wedges and my rusty Scotty. He stated I had some "bling in the bag" I told him I need to do something about that bad for my image

... We must have different ideas on what a "Showman" is. I think a showman should talk you into something, not out of  something. I hear ya on the politics, but when someone is so egregious by representing everything I dislike about that interpretation of golf, I just can't support them. But again, I have no problem at all with someone else playing clubs from or supporting PXG ... as long as they are not a BOOM BABY a$$hat. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... We must have different ideas on what a "Showman" is. I think a showman should talk you into something, not out of  something. I hear ya on the politics, but when someone is so egregious by representing everything I dislike about that interpretation of golf, I just can't support them. But again, I have no problem at all with someone else playing clubs from or supporting PXG ... as long as they are not a BOOM BABY a$$hat. 🤪

The first week Bear had those irons his brother Checkers and I would go BOOM BAYBEE every time he hit them.  It was sorta comical and he got pissed at us. The whole story was funny. He drove 100 miles to get fitted for them because our local PXG fitter was booked up. They were late arriving and he went by Fed X that Saturday morning and picked them up. Was literally un wrapping and un packing them in the parking lot at Possum Trot in NMB. He promptly gave me the spec sheet. Another funny came up involving them 3 weeks later. We were side by side in the fairway and I shot the yardage and told him. It was more or less 150 I told him 6 iron for me and 7 for him. He asked why 7 ? I told him because his PXGs were one club stronger than mine. He asked in no uncertain terms " how in the hell did I know that?" His brother Checkers darn near fell out of the cart laughing. I told him because I have the spec sheet for those clubs in my loose leaf notebook Checkers was right there when he gave me the spec sheet. Then he really asked a retorical question as to how I remembered all of that. Easy I told him I had played Macgregor stuff for 40 years and had my specs memorized and had done second grade math and his clubs were 2 to 3 degrees stronger than mine. Got over to 18 and he pulled the 50*  gap wedge and he asked I guess my 50* is stronger than yours?  I told him I would not know because I do not carry one but my wedge is 48* and is called a Pitching wedge. Him being the club hoe he is those things are in his front room gathering dust.

ROTFLMAO---- I guess I was a Boom Baby a$$hat for at least a couple of weeks anyhow. I will plead guilty as charged on that one sir

Edited by BIG STU

G

On 12/10/2020 at 8:15 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You're two cents are well spent!

Just to add on to your comments about the testing.  There are a couple OEM's I have spoken to about the difference between WRX and here, in pretty candid conversations.   They obviously see the benefit from pure numbers to be active with them.  But at the same time, told me that our Forum Reviews are the most thorough, and well done of any golf forum, and provide real value to them as as company.  That you can tell the testers put in the time and effort to put out an honest and complete review.  They don't just take the club and give a half hearted attempt at writing about how good it is and then move on.    That was SOOOO good to hear.   

We as a staff may not always do the best job of thanking the testers after the fact, but for anyone who has tested this year or previously...THANK YOU!  if it wasn't for the quality of the work done, we might not be in he position to get as many testing opportunities as we do.    I know when I was in talks with Titleist for over a year, a large reason for them jumping in this year was what they saw from some of the previous reviews!   They new the irons would get a good full 4 to 6 week look and that both positive and constructive critique would be provided. 

I always found that MGS was a call them like you see them type of test. Too many time I have seen nothing but glowing remarks about a product only to know that they were the "featured" OEM of the month. When their time passes, the next OEM will get all of the glowing comments and how fantastic the product is. I for one feel the the reviews here are informative as well as complimentary. 

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

On 12/9/2020 at 7:58 PM, TENBUCK said:

Nah, I understand the distance thing, it's when you talk to them about a topic and inevitability some how distance get into the picture and when you tell them that your max is 230-240...it's like ohhhh, meaning what does a guy who can't reach at least 250 doing in our discussions. 

LOL. Yeah, I've seen that too many times. I tend to like to give them what-for when it happens too. Just did today in a discussion. My Father-in-law used to beat the crap out of me and never drive the ball over 220. I learned a lot from him.

BT

re: relevance....

Am I the only one who gets lost for more than a few minutes browsing the BST ads? 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

6 minutes ago, RI_Redneck said:

LOL. Yeah, I've seen that too many times. I tend to like to give them what-for when it happens too. Just did today in a discussion. My Father-in-law used to beat the crap out of me and never drive the ball over 220. I learned a lot from him.

BT

Yep, those are the worst kind of guys to play against. 

We had a 3 some once on a out of town course and a fourth was put in with us...a senior!! Never drove the ball past 170, hit his irons arrow straight and he could putt. I got tired of saying nice shot!!

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

• 5 months later...

Golfwrx is just too big and the moderating there is downright creepy. After I made a negative comment in regards to a certain brand of irons one of the moderators used, he started deleting my posts, altering them, and threatening my account. Every time I went to my profile page I would see that he had recently visited it too. I deleted my account. Plus the guy used an ungodly amount of emojis in his posts 

29 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Golfwrx is just too big and the moderating there is downright creepy. After I made a negative comment in regards to a certain brand of irons one of the moderators used, he started deleting my posts, altering them, and threatening my account. Every time I went to my profile page I would see that he had recently visited it too. I deleted my account. Plus the guy used an ungodly amount of emojis in his posts 

Been there and done that. They LOVE Tiger @ Golfwrx too, if you make any comment at all regarding him, you get blasted.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I got an official warning over there, i was trying to sell some extra All-fit adapters. Apparently each adapter and each collar count separately as a single item. So since there was more than 10 individual pieces, it was a no-no. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

10 hours ago, MadMex said:

I started going to GolfWrx shortly after Puttertalk shut down, at first it seemed to be a site full of information about golf, I soon found out that a pretty site does not make an informative site.

Lets start with their "reviews": It seems that if it comes from one of the top OEM's, specially Titleist, it is instantly a "gotta have" piece of equipment. 

"Tests": (See above) 

Forums: This is were I had/have the most fun reading. It appears that unless you 3000 posts and are "know" by the mods and others, your posts will get little to no answer.

Members: Seems that every one of the popular posters drive the ball 350 with 300 carries, drivers are 7 degrees, 3 wood 11 degrees and all the shafts are graphite/titanium coated/hand laid by virgins/ with magnesium alloy outer core, tipped 4 inches playing at XXXXStiff, their irons are bent plus 5 degrees and are made out of meteor cores, with the grips hand turn from solid rubber billets.

You have to pledge your loyalty to Saint Tiger Woods 

But seriously, hope MGS takes a lesson from them and continues minimize the influence from OEM's and allows testers to continue to post their true feeling about the products.

One GREAT thing done here is that all handicaps are taking into consideration when testing products. Plus your allowed to make an A** out of yourself ( like I have in this post) without being placed into the time out box,,,

giphy.gif

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, MadMex said:

I started going to GolfWrx shortly after Puttertalk shut down, at first it seemed to be a site full of information about golf, I soon found out that a pretty site does not make an informative site.

Lets start with their "reviews": It seems that if it comes from one of the top OEM's, specially Titleist, it is instantly a "gotta have" piece of equipment. 

Forums: This is were I had/have the most fun reading. It appears that unless you 3000 posts and are "know" by the mods and others, your posts will get little to no answer.

Members: Seems that every one of the popular posters drive the ball 350 with 300 carries, drivers are 7 degrees, 3 wood 11 degrees and all the shafts are graphite/titanium coated/hand laid by virgins/ with magnesium alloy outer core, tipped 4 inches playing at XXXXStiff, their irons are bent plus 5 degrees and are made out of meteor cores, with the grips hand turn from solid rubber billets.

But seriously, hope MGS takes a lesson from them and continues minimize the influence from OEM's and allows testers to continue to post their true feeling about the products.

One GREAT thing done here is that all handicaps are taking into consideration when testing products. Plus your allowed to make an A** out of yourself ( like I have in this post) without being placed into the time out box,,,

image.gif.094e6d925f42079b9a7c067c608b4a8a.gif

good chuckle there. I do not frequent that site I can count on 1 hand but what I have seen anyway this is accurate. Minus the meteor core....I’m willing to bet they would enjoy the joe dirt meteorite though if I were to take a guess (I hope most get to at reference here)

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

funny title - like it or not wrx dwarfs mgs in both membership and content. one topic has over 2 million posts and one has 1.8 million. they have so many more members there it's not even fair to compare. 

don't get me wrong - I'm not a wrx stan, but to wonder if a golf forum that big is relevant is a bit of a head-scratcher.

and just like every forum that large there are good parts and bad parts. if you're willing to look you'll find the good parts and tune out the noise. also - their classifieds section is really really good.

yeah, there's enough room for more than one golf forum...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Still relevant with respect to golf equipment reviews..... not in my opinion, it doesn't seem to be unbiased data to me.  I don't bother to go there for reviews.

Still relevant with respect to classified ads for golf stuff.....  Absolutely!!  I love trolling through 2 - 3 week old ads looking for the seller willing to haggle a little.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 2 weeks later...

the mod at wrx that drove me away was this guy who calls himself Mrparr1noid. He banned me for making a comment about a certain brand and stalked my account. I had been a member for a couple of years and had over 2000 posts until I got on his radar. Screw that site

Tour Edge Exotics Driver

Tour Edge Exotics Hybrids

Precept Tour Premium CB Irons 5-PW

Nickent Arc Wedges 50-54-58

Nickent Tour Prototype MP/03, Cleveland VP Milled #2, Cameron Select Newport 2.5, Cameron California Napa 

On 6/7/2021 at 8:49 PM, MadMex said:

Puttertalk was a decent site👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

Puttertalk was a decent site👍

Miss that site.  Had heard it was supposed to come back,  but I guess that was a false rumor. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 months later...

I joined WRX around 2013 and it was great. I met many good folks and played some rounds with WRXers from my area. But, the mods became more and more censoring, especially with 'political' or 'religious' statements. They cowtoe to their sponsors too much and that leads to suppression of their members. I once posted a thread about 'we should never forget 9/11', and got banned temporarily. Everyone there is pretty gunshy of saying something even slightly provoking or controversial.