Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Springbok

On 12/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, russtopherb said:

Honestly, we're almost a bit of an outlier because golf is a social sport. So a bunch of us have met with other posters to play golf, swap clubs, etc. and when there's real life interactions, most people will be a lot closer to their true selves online because they know if it comes down to it, they want to have friendly interactions when in person. Someone who comes off like a jerk online probably isn't going to get a lot of invites to walk 18 with another poster, or get the opportunity to test new clubs. If someone goes too far, they'll get banned from a forum and what do they do?

This is an excellent point. The last forum I participated in on a regular basis was a racing forum back in the 2000's (CART/F1/ALMS with a very, very strong anti-Indy Racing League slant). It was invitation-only and one of the requirements was you had to have met an existing member face-to-face (preferably at a race track). The forum was entirely unmoderated and occasionally a dumpster fire, but because we knew many of the people off line and had some thick skin, it was not a big deal. It was a ton of fun and I met some great people from all over the world in the process.

• Like 5

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

2 hours ago, cardia10 said:

That is totally true as well. The site there totally changed when it got more commercial. The membership probably tripled and has much less of a family feel now. I have so many new members on a block list it is scary. I also don't like that you can pay to post a bst ad instead of being a contributing member. Leads to lots of scams and shady deals. The feedback system is back now so that is nice and lets you know who is safe to deal with. 

This is becoming epidemic in many more places than golf sites, really across the board regardless of what the topic is about.  The tendency is for people to write about their own opinion as if to say, it is the only one worth considering and now aren't you glad and relieved that you now know what to think?  Kindness takes very little to accomplish as long as ego is parked at the door.  And for most of us who know we are not Sticks but Hacks, at the door is exactly where we park ego every time we go out to enjoy the amazing sport that golf is! (When score doesn't matter but equipment and being on course does, we are definitely Hacks and count me as a proud member of that time honored group!  after all we ARE the majority of golfers in the world!)

• Like 3

Verified Hack, 23 handicap 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell Triumph hybrids 10-15-19-27 graphite, Ginty Trouble Club steel

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-P  Spitfire Graphite XL Shafts

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1       

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳   1435280570_COBALTicon25tall.jpg.31b6f5458d409c6539d66b88e728a841.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️  572101405_SwingUicon25.jpg.ef5d6308ca59444daedc3e24214e87d9.jpgSwingU Looper  

💻  1308581734_EPLogoxsm.jpg.93b58a256c00a74e47a35314305b477f.jpgMGS Logo  🌐  1590215503_dghLogo30.jpg.f5abb718a74e4d05c07131656bb13e78.jpgBall mark   |>   IGBRC   [International Golf Ball Rescue Committee] "playing the best found balls" -Founder-

1231925043_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.f5b3c2e4a88708f6a6b5d3e143d9cba8.png PGA HOPE Member 2138091835_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.47a28d11828bd99f0147b9eee5c17ec4.png  "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

2ns this notion. Even when I was looking at the HZRDUS green shaft talk from here to WRX it was night and day. Discussion here about feel and what’s actually going on with the shaft vs you aren’t good enough or fast enough to swing that. 

... Yup. Another common occurrence is posting that you are considering either Titleist T100 or Callaway Apex Pro irons having narrowed your choice to those 2 and would like to get feedback from anyone that has played them. Immediately responses will tell the OP to look at Mizuno irons which are clearly superior or move up to TaylorMade MB's and be a real player. Of course they should really get fit for PXG too because they are the best irons ever made. And anyone with even 1/2 a brain would be buying Srixon irons over Titleist or Callaway. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

53 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Of curse the backbone of WRX is the MB vs CB threads that are always a dumpster fire. But the Classifieds are the best for any golf forum so I give them that. 

this is the only reason i’m over there, and i’ve made out really well. 

but i browse while waiting for new listings to go up. i don’t watch reality tv, and my wife is about as low maintenance as they come, so i’ve gotta get my drama fix somewhere 😂😂

• Like 4

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

9 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

this is the only reason i’m over there, and i’ve made out really well. 

but i browse while waiting for new listings to go up. i don’t watch reality tv, and my wife is about as low maintenance as they come, so i’ve gotta get my drama fix somewhere 😂😂

That's me to a T over there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist Blind Tester

• Driver: :ping-small: K15
  • Woods::cobra-small: F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: :callaway-small: Apex 20 AD DI 85s
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"

re: Posts - Quality > Quantity.

'Nuff said.

• Like 9

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Yup. Another common occurrence is posting that you are considering either Titleist T100 or Callaway Apex Pro irons having narrowed your choice to those 2 and would like to get feedback from anyone that has played them. Immediately responses will tell the OP to look at Mizuno irons which are clearly superior or move up to TaylorMade MB's and be a real player. Of course they should really get fit for PXG too because they are the best irons ever made. And anyone with even 1/2 a brain would be buying Srixon irons over Titleist or Callaway. 

Yep, that sounds very familiar on some boards.....depending on who the OEM that the forum wants to promote. BTW, those  trips for fitting and "free" gear I've always was curious about that. In speaking to a long time member, he didn't come out and exactly say it but he did say "you don't want to call this forum the friends and family forum to certain people".

• Like 3

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Alta CB- 55

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

:bettinardi-1: BB-41

Grips- GP MCC+4

47 minutes ago, TENBUCK said:

Yep, that sounds very familiar on some boards.....depending on who the OEM that the forum wants to promote. BTW, those  trips for fitting and "free" gear I've always was curious about that. In speaking to a long time member, he didn't come out and exactly say it but he did say "you don't want to call this forum the friends and family forum to certain people".

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

6 hours ago, cardia10 said:

I just opened almost every main topic here just to see the activity. The top 10 threads within a topic is active within the last week. When you get to the end of the first page, the last activity ranges from mid august to mid November. On wrx, the comparable thread, at the end of the first page, it shows last post was 16 hours ago. To get back to mid November, I had to get 3 pages in and 7 pages in to get to August. I see that those top topics are very active but based on breadth of content, golfwrx is significantly more active. I don't know about total membership numbers and what that has to do with it. To give you an idea, golfwrx has 2,400 people viewing now. Here there is about 380. Given, that doesn't mean one is more relevant than the other, but wrx is definitely more used. Like I said earlier, I dig deeper into reviews and testing here as that is where I find the best info here. To me, they serve 2 very different purposes, but both has their strengths and I appreciate having both!

Some of them over there you do not want over here trust me

• Like 7

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... If you write a review here, you will get respectful positive and negative opinions within the review. What you don't get is posters calling you an IDIOT because you like PXG irons or a MORON because you don't like PXG irons. I used to write reviews on WRX and they were only reviews of clubs I found at the PGA Show and absolutely loved. Of course the reviews were positive but I got flamed for being a shill or getting a kickback or a myriad of other reasons from haters. Something positive about Taylor Made and I was a fan boy, something nice about Cobra and I was paid to write because no self respecting WRX playah could possible use Cobra irons. It was more the norm than the exception. 

... Of curse the backbone of WRX is the MB vs CB threads that are always a dumpster fire. But the Classifieds are the best for any golf forum so I give them that. 

Yep as usual you hit the old persimmon dead in the screws---  I got blasted over there one night for basically standing up for Bob Parsons at PXG who is a fellow veteran--- I told them PXG was not my cup of tea but Bob Parsons stated he was going to build golf clubs his way and had enough money he did not care if he made a profit or not. I told them if I had his resources I would do the same with the same attitude only mine would be true forged in the USA blades. Man I caught hell from both the PXG fans and the Miura TM fan boys--- Last time I ever posted in the equipment forums there.

BTW I added the persimmon reference for those that do not know what hitting it in the screws means. 

• Like 8

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

3 hours ago, chisag said:

OHHH they would really roast me over there right now--- I am experimenting with a set of Homna G1-X shovels with XP-95 steel shafts. Man they hit like butter for a CB actually I think they are a GI iron. Oh I can still hit the old Macs but these deliver better results so far on the range. And even though the lofts are not jacked that much I get good height and distance for now with no really hard swinging. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

re: Posts - Quality > Quantity.

'Nuff said.

See, I'm happy someone said this. I think too often people get caught up on the numbers underneath our profiles. Just because you post alot doesn't mean you're posting well and if you consider how viable or vibrant a forum is based on these numbers I think you're missing the point. That's just my .02 on this. I'm always happy when we see an influx of new members, but I'm also really impressed with those who stick around and try to make this place better for all of us!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Projext X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

Some of them over there you do not want over here trust me

I think MGS has more responsible Mods [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

I think MGS has more responsible Mods emoji106.png

Oh absolutely and besides they converse on topics like regular folks-- Only one on WRX that I know of speaks and he is mostly in the Classic Golfers section

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yep as usual you hit the old persimmon dead in the screws---  I got blasted over there one night for basically standing up for Bob Parsons at PXG who is a fellow veteran--- I told them PXG was not my cup of tea but Bob Parsons stated he was going to build golf clubs his way and had enough money he did not care if he made a profit or not. I told them if I had his resources I would do the same with the same attitude only mine would be true forged in the USA blades. Man I caught hell from both the PXG fans and the Miura TM fan boys--- Last time I ever posted in the equipment forums there.

BTW I added the persimmon reference for those that do not know what hitting it in the screws means. 

It's funny, Stu.  I am not a fan of PXG, or of Parsons, but I see nothing wrong with your statement.  Seems rather reasonable to me.  <shrug>

I kind of understand where the Miura fanboi reaction comes from.  Miura, and maybe JDM in general, seems to have a cultish aspect about it, at least for some.  No offense intended to any JDM or Miura fans, of course.

• Like 2

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5" -or- King LTD, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; TBD iron set, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5, Kirkland Signature 3pc v2

26 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

It's funny, Stu.  I am not a fan of PXG, or of Parsons, but I see nothing wrong with your statement.  Seems rather reasonable to me.  <shrug>

... I know very little about Bob Parsons other than in his Ads he portrays the exact kind of person that makes golf unpleasant. LOUD, obnoxious and arrogant. The BEST PERIOD! and BOOM Baby!!! conjurs up guys in carts playing their music waaaaaay too loud, driving next to the tee/green and drinking like they are freshman at a frat party. 

... That said, I certainly have no issue with anyone supporting Bob as a veteran, businessman or humanitarian. I just really REALLY dislike his Ads BABY!!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

19 hours ago, Rickp said:

I think MGS has more responsible Mods emoji106.png

and they REALLY love new golf clubs 😜🤣

• Like 4

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

3 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

and they REALLY love new golf clubs 😜🤣

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

On 12/10/2020 at 10:05 AM, chisag said:

Well, Titleist are Evil Incarnate.  I can't blame anyone for attempting to dissuade another from one of their products.  😈

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Haha 1

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5" -or- King LTD, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; TBD iron set, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5, Kirkland Signature 3pc v2