Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Springbok

I joined WRX around 2013 and it was great. I met many good folks and played some rounds with WRXers from my area. But, the mods became more and more censoring, especially with 'political' or 'religious' statements. They cowtoe to their sponsors too much and that leads to suppression of their members. I once posted a thread about 'we should never forget 9/11', and got banned temporarily. Everyone there is pretty gunshy of saying something even slightly provoking or controversial.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2021 at 6:08 PM, Thug the Bunny said:

I joined WRX around 2013 and it was great. I met many good folks and played some rounds with WRXers from my area. But, the mods became more and more censoring, especially with 'political' or 'religious' statements. They cowtoe to their sponsors too much and that leads to suppression of their members. I once posted a thread about 'we should never forget 9/11', and got banned temporarily. Everyone there is pretty gunshy of saying something even slightly provoking or controversial.

Hey Old Buddy glad to hear from you over here----- It is a lot different than WRX for sure--- I think you will be a great addition over here. Trust me guys this fellow is Funny funny and he is like me calls it like he sees it

• Like 6

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

1 hour ago, NC Golfer said:

Besides, Tiger, you also have to worship Monte. Nothing wrong with him. Good guy with fresh ideas. But, the obsession is a little weird.

I don’t think there’s any obsession with Monte as you infer. Monte happens to be a great teacher with great and easy to understand content. He also participates a lot on the forum and helps people for free by doing it as well as sharing information. Dan Carraher aka iteach is another example of someone who used to participate and help a lot. 

The membership there just shows the gratitude for their participation on the forum and for the amount of members they both helped. 

in case you hadn’t noticed there’s several on here including myself who reference Monte and his teaching. So it’s not just a wrx thing 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

in case you hadn’t noticed there’s several on here including myself who reference Monte and his teaching. So it’s not just a wrx thing 

Yup. Monte has a huge following on YouTube and now Instagram, yes he posts a lot a WRX but like you noted, he offers a lot of free help and tips. Hard to complain about that. I'm very happy I found Monte through WRX when I was on there years ago - a lot of what he recommends lines up with what my former pro had me working on. Now that he's no longer teaching (got out of the golf industry entirely) I have all of Monte's videos that help reinforce a lot of things I was working on in person.

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

16 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Hey Old Buddy glad to hear from you over here----- It is a lot different than WRX for sure--- I think you will be a great addition over here. Trust me guys this fellow is Funny funny and he is like me calls it like he sees it

Stu! Great to see ya! Yup, I got banned from wrx. Guess why? In some thread I said something like, 'I was about to say something, but I won't because I don't want to get banned', and they banned me for that comment.

I picked up my clubs for the first time in  3 yrs recently and went to the range a couple times and to my amazement I hit the ball really well. Flushing 4 irons of grass!?!? I think it's that well known re-honeymoon phase after not playing for a while.

Anyways, I figured I would get on a forum if I'm gonna be playing again. Good to be here!

• Like 5

On 9/7/2021 at 6:08 PM, Thug the Bunny said:

Hackers' Paradise is at least as bad for the very same reasons.

Edited by BostonSal
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thug the Bunny said:

Stu! Great to see ya! Yup, I got banned from wrx. Guess why? In some thread I said something like, 'I was about to say something, but I won't because I don't want to get banned', and they banned me for that comment.

I picked up my clubs for the first time in  3 yrs recently and went to the range a couple times and to my amazement I hit the ball really well. Flushing 4 irons of grass!?!? I think it's that well known re-honeymoon phase after not playing for a while.

Anyways, I figured I would get on a forum if I'm gonna be playing again. Good to be here!

Reminds me of the Jim Valvano story.   

Coach V to ref: “Tommy can you T me up for what I’m thinking”

ref Tommy: “No Jim, I can’t.”

Valvano: “Good, I think that was a horse Sh$&@ call”

Ref—calls T

VAlvano: “I knew couldn’t trust you” 

😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

On 9/11/2021 at 1:37 PM, BostonSal said:

Hackers' Paradise is at least as bad for the very same reasons.

So was the GEA and I got banned over there---- I used to do some course reviews for a local site here. I played a course on the North end and I did a fair but unfavorable review. Well one of GEAs mods was local here and friends of the owner. Basically I said something not political or anything racial etc. but got banned. But the GEA folded some time ago Good Riddence as far as I am concerned. In fact that Mod is on WRX now but not a Mod. Know who he is now and I saw him a while back he darn near broke his back trying to avoid me

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

On 9/11/2021 at 1:23 PM, Thug the Bunny said:

Glad ( again) you are here. As you brouse you will recognize some folks from the old WRX days on here. Actually I was a member here before I was on WRX---

• Like 4

On 9/11/2021 at 2:39 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Reminds me of the Jim Valvano story.   

Coach V to ref: “Tommy can you T me up for what I’m thinking”

ref Tommy: “No Jim, I can’t.”

Valvano: “Good, I think that was a horse Sh$&@ call”

Ref—calls T

VAlvano: “I knew couldn’t trust you” 

😂😂

Knight did the same thing! I did it too after reading about Knight, but I said, “I think you’re the worst ref in the State!”

Its a guaranteed T and it can be done mildly to get the fans and players up in arms, never hearing what was said.

😂

• Haha 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

19 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Basically I said something not political or anything racial etc. but got banned. But the GEA folded some time ago Good Riddence as far as I am concerned.

... Amen brother! You might remember I got banned for reviewing a set of "custom made" muscle back iron for Blade Golf. Turns out not custom made at all, just ordered blank from a catalog and had a grind house do the grinding and plating. "Blade Golf" was basically a computer in a house. Irons had an amazing amount of mistakes and when I reported it the forum owner banned me. What was worse is he posted several lies that the owner off Blade golf told him and without ever asking me he just posted them as facts. The very worst being I paid PUD for the irons and tRichard from Blade reported I said I would change my review and give him a good review if he gave me the irons for free. Just made that up out of nowhere. Good riddance indeed. 

• Like 7

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

11 minutes ago, bens197 said:

the biggest self-licking ice cream cone

stealing this, thanks. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

41 minutes ago, bens197 said:

These stories make me wonder if anyone here ever lived through BombSquadGolf.  

I have been on most of the golf forums that have existed including BombSquad. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... Amen brother! You might remember I got banned for reviewing a set of "custom made" muscle back iron for Blade Golf. Turns out not custom made at all, just ordered blank from a catalog and had a grind house do the grinding and plating. "Blade Golf" was basically a computer in a house. Irons had an amazing amount of mistakes and when I reported it the forum owner banned me. What was worse is he posted several lies that the owner off Blade golf told him and without ever asking me he just posted them as facts. The very worst being I paid PUD for the irons and tRichard from Blade reported I said I would change my review and give him a good review if he gave me the irons for free. Just made that up out of nowhere. Good riddance indeed. 

Well at least I am in good company---- There is another guy I know on WRX he is mostly like me posts in the Classic Threads ( I think he may be here too) he got banned from GEA--- I chalk it up with an experience 30 years ago. We did not live at the beach yet but were visiting. Got thrown out of the NASCAR Speedpark here. I was about half lit and got to racing Go Karts with a group of Shriners out of Tennessee. We got to beating and banging too much and got thrown out, I told them I had been thrown out of better places with worse people. Come to find out that group was staying at the same motel as we were and the party rolled on in the pool area and parking lot to the crack of dawn. Yep one of my biggest honors Getting thrown out of a theme park with the Shriners-- Yeah the GEA ranks right up there with that

• Like 9

13 hours ago, chisag said:

I remember that scheiststurm...  man, I'm old.  LOL

After your dragging through the mud, I don't remember there being any sign that things were possibly different than they were initially presented, other than you being reinstated on the forum. 

Yeah, he could have handled that better.  🙄

Unrelated comment... came home from golf over weekend, turned on the TV.  Oh look, it's The Dark Knight.  And look, there's Brother Chisag on the screen!

Timing  😁

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 4

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5" -or- King LTD, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; TBD iron set, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5, Kirkland Signature 3pc v2

what a relevant thread, because i just got a 7 day suspension from WRX

2ED858B0-495F-4F97-891F-994DEB3C151A.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

6 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

what a relevant thread, because i just got a 7 day suspension from WRX

2ED858B0-495F-4F97-891F-994DEB3C151A.png

LOL, what did you do?

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

LOL, what did you do?

some guy was claiming that KT tape came out with the newest and greatest pain relieving cure.

i told him it was snake oil and if he believed it worked then i had a bridge to sell him. 

i thought i did it respectfully, and even posted studies, but apparently they didn’t agree. 

7C1B8B2F-BC70-4B39-9BDC-C3AA70E4B05C.png.3d6282d96c2e7ad5aa1969044e357379.png

i went on to tell him that the FDA also approved quaaludes and flame retardant in soft drinks. maybe that was it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 6