Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Springbok

12 minutes ago, vandyland said:

I am a member on both and there are a few threads on Golfwrx that I really get into but most of it I can take or leave. I agree that over here things are more civil and move a slower (and easier to follow) pace. That said, if I want to go pick a fight with people over a stupid golf take that I have (ex. playing short tees, picking one shot shape, trying something wacky in my equipment) golfwrx is still a very fun place to go. 

... I think friendlier and more mature is a good description too. Someone started a thread on WRX about comfortable shoes for walkers and I posted a picture of my Ecco Biom 3's and there were quite a few posts ridiculing them for being ugly and a senior shoe for someone with no fashion sense that didn't mind looking stupid. My ego is not dependent on others opinions and easy enough for me to laugh off ignorance but others reading the thread would be put off off Ecco shoes because of the comments. Sad because they are the longest lasting and most comfortable shoes I have played in. 

... I think most MGS members do a good job of keeping negative opinions to themselves. Same shoe thread here would just include peoples personal experience (good and bad) and what shoes they like or are thinking of. I just can't see multiple members jumping in to call the latest Adidas shoes ugly and they would never buy or wear them, a judgement coming from just looking at a picture. I think most here want to both learn from others or offer their knowledge, not bash anything they don't care for personally. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

42 minutes ago, vandyland said:

Love the shallowing thread and I would never have found Monte Schienblum without golfwrx. I am a member on both and there are a few threads on Golfwrx that I really get into but most of it I can take or leave. I agree that over here things are more civil and move a slower (and easier to follow) pace. That said, if I want to go pick a fight with people over a stupid golf take that I have (ex. playing short tees, picking one shot shape, trying something wacky in my equipment) golfwrx is still a very fun place to go. 

White pants? 

@Golfspy_TCB

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

39 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I think friendlier and more mature is a good description too. Someone started a thread on WRX about comfortable shoes for walkers and I posted a picture of my Ecco Biom 3's and there were quite a few posts ridiculing them for being ugly and a senior shoe for someone with no fashion sense that didn't mind looking stupid. My ego is not dependent on others opinions and easy enough for me to laugh off ignorance but others reading the thread would be put off off Ecco shoes because of the comments. Sad because they are the longest lasting and most comfortable shoes I have played in. 

I couldn't agree more- I'm also a member of both, but this one is a LOT more relaxed and easy to follow without any belittling and/or condescension. I don't think anyone on WRX hits their drivers less than 320. If they do- they don't talk about it. There's a lot of good tech info there that I've used to help me correct problems, choose some equipment, but you've got to take it with a grain of salt in some instances. And I always cross reference with MGS.

FWIW- I wear nothing but Ecco shoes. . Like you, I could really care less whether others think they're unattractive. I know how comfortable they are and how long they last

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

I find useless all comments about this or that looks ugly.  I don't hit clubs or wear shoes or hats to be on TV.  I use what works.  A good result is always good looking.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

9 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

I find useless all comments about this or that looks ugly.  I don't hit clubs or wear shoes or hats to be on TV.  I use what works.  A good result is always good looking.

I attached a piece of cloth to the back of my cap to keep the Sun from burning 🥵 my neck, I used poppers to clip it on and also easy to remove when I don’t need it. Some goose made the wrong comment and I told him lucky for me his opinion was irrelevant to me he walked away, I don’t care what anyone thinks of what I do. I never do anything that would cause offence to anyone else and expect the same in return, what goes around comes around lol…

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

uh  what is BST???

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

21 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

uh  what is BST???

Buy Sell Trade

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

WRX was my first foray into golf forums and soon branched out to others , but ultimately settled here due to many points outlined by others. I still follow them on social media, and let me tell ya, their social media manager is a master of click bait posts, giving the National Enquirer a run for its money!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 2/26/2023 at 11:35 AM, golfr said:

Or let's be real, it's industry folks using their purchase discounts and then reselling at MSRP.  

As well as guys who caddied for a buddy, and went to the tour van to get a 'tour club' for free and then sell it as though it's the holy grail of clubs, for 3X the value. That has gone on for a very long time.  Call someone out for it, and welcome to the 1 week suspension.

10 hours ago, flyingwedges said:

As well as guys who caddied for a buddy, and went to the tour van to get a 'tour club' for free and then sell it as though it's the holy grail of clubs, for 3X the value. That has gone on for a very long time.  Call someone out for it, and welcome to the 1 week suspension.

It is also possible to simply ignore them. Let them think what they think and have the item just sit there in BST for eternity. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 2 months later...

So I came back in this thread to post a specific example of what’s happening at golfwrx, because it's not really obvious at times on the outside:

So when Brooks won the PGA, many of us were in the “PGA championship thread” discussing various parts of the tournament and the players.  In one of my posts, I referenced the Block articles that were coming out and how the PGA has been trying to make that the story because a LIV golfer won “their” major.  That post got deleted by the mods for containing LIV discussion (even though a LIV player won)….ok, maybe that one is my fault? There is a warning at the top of that thread saying “no liv discussions”.  I didn’t think I was having a LIV discussion per se, but I’m not sure, maybe I was wrong to post it.

Now, for context, it was coming up because there were people in the thread saying things like “block is the real story, no one will remember who won this PGA, we are all just going to remember block.  The winner is so overshadowed by a much better story….”.  Something many of us did not believe.  And frankly, something that I’m not even sure is a real opinion, I kinda suspect these were from accounts that might be golfwrx mod accounts.  But never the less …

So later in the same thread, it came up again.  So I said something like “the PGA is seeding the block articles because they don’t want to deal with another tour player winning one of their events, so they are trying to make a different story the highlight”.  I didn’t reference LIV by name, just that the winner was from another tour.  That post was deleted again by a mod, and I was formally warned and given a “demerit” on my account for discussing LIV.

I messaged the moderator and asked what I did wrong in the second post, since I never named liv, as of right now, they still have not answered.

Ok….so the instructions at the top of the forum say “if you want to say things about liv, do it in “the official” liv thread”.  I wanted to discuss the PGA championship, but no big deal, I’ll move over to the other thread.   At this point, the PGA Tour instagram account has like 20 block references, and nothing about Brooks, even some of the instagram users were starting to give the PGAT crap about not discussing the winner.  Anyway, I move over to the LIV thread, and I post a similar message asking if others felt the Block story was the thing the PGA wants to be popular since they don’t want to deal with a LIV player winning one of the majors and the implication that has on the strength of fields if LIV players aren’t invited to compete.  Blah blah blah….

But here’s the kicker, the LIV thread is a special kind of thread that ONLY allows posts to appear IF they get approved by a moderator.  As of right now, that post is still not approved and will not post to the thread.   My guess from prior experience, it won’t ever be approved and will never appear.

That's what I’m referring to when I say that GOLFWRX is quietly censoring the forum since their relationship with the PGA kicked in.  If they don't like the thing you want to discuss, they just delete the posts and/or never approve them. 

Edited by golfr

1 hour ago, golfr said:

So I came back in this thread to post a specific example of what’s happening at golfwrx, because it's not really obvious at times on the outside:

So when Brooks won the PGA, many of us were in the “PGA championship thread” discussing various parts of the tournament and the players.  In one of my posts, I referenced the Block articles that were coming out and how the PGA has been trying to make that the story because a LIV golfer won “their” major.  That post got deleted by the mods for containing LIV discussion (even though a LIV player won)….ok, maybe that one is my fault? There is a warning at the top of that thread saying “no liv discussions”.  I didn’t think I was having a LIV discussion per se, but I’m not sure, maybe I was wrong to post it.

Now, for context, it was coming up because there were people in the thread saying things like “block is the real story, no one will remember who won this PGA, we are all just going to remember block.  The winner is so overshadowed by a much better story….”.  Something many of us did not believe.  And frankly, something that I’m not even sure is a real opinion, I kinda suspect these were from accounts that might be golfwrx mod accounts.  But never the less …

So later in the same thread, it came up again.  So I said something like “the PGA is seeding the block articles because they don’t want to deal with another tour player winning one of their events, so they are trying to make a different story the highlight”.  I didn’t reference LIV by name, just that the winner was from another tour.  That post was deleted again by a mod, and I was formally warned and given a “demerit” on my account for discussing LIV.

I messaged the moderator and asked what I did wrong in the second post, since I never named liv, as of right now, they still have not answered.

Ok….so the instructions at the top of the forum say “if you want to say things about liv, do it in “the official” liv thread”.  I wanted to discuss the PGA championship, but no big deal, I’ll move over to the other thread.   At this point, the PGA Tour instagram account has like 20 block references, and nothing about Brooks, even some of the instagram users were starting to give the PGAT crap about not discussing the winner.  Anyway, I move over to the LIV thread, and I post a similar message asking if others felt the Block story was the thing the PGA wants to be popular since they don’t want to deal with a LIV player winning one of the majors and the implication that has on the strength of fields if LIV players aren’t invited to compete.  Blah blah blah….

But here’s the kicker, the LIV thread is a special kind of thread that ONLY allows posts to appear IF they get approved by a moderator.  As of right now, that post is still not approved and will not post to the thread.   My guess from prior experience, it won’t ever be approved and will never appear.

That's what I’m referring to when I say that GOLFWRX is quietly censoring the forum since their relationship with the PGA kicked in.  If they don't like the thing you want to discuss, they just delete the posts and/or never approve them. 

So twice you violated the terms of the thread and are upset you got warnings and posts removed. That’s not anyone’s fault but yours.

The PGA championship isn’t a PGA tour event, it’s run a different organization, yes they have the same 3 letters in the name but they aren’t the same. Since Block has two sponsor  exemptions it makes sense for the PGA tour to talk about him. It draws eyes to the event and creates a buzz. The PGA tour is doing what any organization would do in promoting an event. They are using the hot person/topic. It’s not a slight to Brooks who’s not on the tour and won’t be anytime soon.

I agree that the Block story is a bigger story than Brooks winning when it gets remembered. 

As for the LIV thread I don’t know why your post isn’t getting posted but after two warming’s in another thread it’s likely your actions are what’s preventing your post from getting approved. Not agreeing with the mods or disagreeing with you, but from the outside looking in its user fault and not mods quietly censoring anything 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, golfr said:

They are free to do what they want with their platform and their users or members need to follow such rules. 

Their stance and guidelines on Liv have been pretty clear from day one. It to me was pretty clear they don't want any reference or anything Liv related in non liv threads... Therefore pushing that envelope comes with the expected reaction. 

I get what you're saying, but frankly it's up to you if you want to participate there or not. There are other places which I'm sure would welcome your points and posts more without the frustration. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

They are free to do what they want with their platform and their users or members need to follow such rules. 

Their stance and guidelines on Liv have been pretty clear from day one. It to me was pretty clear they don't want any reference or anything Liv related in non liv threads... Therefore pushing that envelope comes with the expected reaction. 

I get what you're saying, but frankly it's up to you if you want to participate there or not. There are other places which I'm sure would welcome your points and posts more without the frustration. 

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but honestly, I'm not sure what the point was in your response and I don't need suggestions on what to do.  Sorry if I somehow made it seem otherwise.  This is a thread discussing issues at Golfwrx, not a thread asking for other sites and forums to participate in.  No one said they can't do what they want BUT, no one said we can't talk about it (here anyway, they won't let you talk about it over there).  they are not being transparent in what they are doing and MO people should know.  And there's no way to know unless someone comes along and posts these things, because it's all deleted or censored before you can read it.

If you want to censor, even in the LIV thread, fine. If you want to make it so a LIV winner of a major can't be discussed because they come from a different tour, maybe don't have a thread about that championship if LIV players are in the field?  But fine, we won't . for what it's worth, they seem to allow references to LIV in those thread(s), they just don't like any reference to LIV or any context that makes the PGA look bad..  And you're right, they can choose to do all those things, but I can also choose to share that they do it, right?

Certainly, everyone will make up their own mind.  They have a large number of members and I've been over there for a VERY long time. There is value over there, with ton's of club building info and experts who can help as well.  BUT,  I also think people should know this stuff is happening, because the way they are doing it is NOT transparent or obvious.

Edited by golfr

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So twice you violated the terms of the thread and are upset you got warnings and posts removed. That’s not anyone’s fault but yours.

The PGA championship isn’t a PGA tour event, it’s run a different organization, yes they have the same 3 letters in the name but they aren’t the same. Since Block has two sponsor  exemptions it makes sense for the PGA tour to talk about him. It draws eyes to the event and creates a buzz. The PGA tour is doing what any organization would do in promoting an event. They are using the hot person/topic. It’s not a slight to Brooks who’s not on the tour and won’t be anytime soon.

I agree that the Block story is a bigger story than Brooks winning when it gets remembered. 

As for the LIV thread I don’t know why your post isn’t getting posted but after two warming’s in another thread it’s likely your actions are what’s preventing your post from getting approved. Not agreeing with the mods or disagreeing with you, but from the outside looking in its user fault and not mods quietly censoring anything 

I was not proposing we discuss the PGA, PGAT, LIV, Block or Brooks in this thread.  You're entitled to your opinion on all of that, and so am I.

And no, your summary of what happened isn't accurate.  But that's cool, I wasn't asking for an opinion.  I was sharing what happened as an example of the changes at golfwrx.

Edited by golfr

45 minutes ago, golfr said:

This is a thread discussing issues at Golfwrx

This thread is not for discussing “issues”with WRX. The title asks if WRX is relevant anymore and you a free to state one way or the other with your reasoning but just complaining about wrx is pointless. I get that you are frustrated but MyGolfSpy is not a place to complain about other forums. I see most of your posts here are in this thread. I’m glad you found something to talk about here but if this is the only reason you come here, you won’t be happy. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

51 minutes ago, golfr said:

This is a thread discussing issues at Golfwrx,

It’s a thread about is wrx relevant anymore as the title says, it’s not a thread about issues with wrx.

18 minutes ago, golfr said:

I was not proposing we discuss the PGA, PGAT, LIV, Block or Brooks in this thread.  You're entitled to your opinion on all of that, and so am I.

And no, your summary of what happened isn't accurate.  But that's cool, I wasn't asking for an opinion.  I was sharing what happened as an example of the changes at golfwrx.

you posted on a public forum where people are going to respond and provide the j opinion on what’s posted. You claimed in your post it was probably your fault for the first post being removed so I think the summary of what happened is correct, you didn’t follow the rules and got a post removed and told why, you did it again and got a warning. There’s no debating what you posted. 

If you don’t want peoples opinions on what you post, probably a good idea to not post yours first 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

42 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

This thread is not for discussing “issues”with WRX. The title asks if WRX is relevant anymore and you a free to state one way or the other with your reasoning but just complaining about wrx is pointless. I get that you are frustrated but MyGolfSpy is not a place to complain about other forums. I see most of your posts here are in this thread. I’m glad you found something to talk about here but if this is the only reason you come here, you won’t be happy. 

36 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s a thread about is wrx relevant anymore as the title says, it’s not a thread about issues with wrx.

you posted on a public forum where people are going to respond and provide the j opinion on what’s posted. You claimed in your post it was probably your fault for the first post being removed so I think the summary of what happened is correct, you didn’t follow the rules and got a post removed and told why, you did it again and got a warning. There’s no debating what you posted. 

If you don’t want peoples opinions on what you post, probably a good idea to not post yours first 

Guys, this is LITERALLY a thread discussing nothing but golfwrx issues that go back all the way to 2019, prior to me even coming.  Issues of web design, BST, communication problems, membership declines, bad articles....etc.  The good and the bad (including Issues) are what make a forum relevant or not.   

If you think golfwrx is doing all the right things and staying relevant, cool, you can feel that way.  I don't have to agree, and since months ago I made a reference to censorship I figured it might be nice to circle back around and show a concrete example of something that happened over the weekend that many would deem censorship.  Something you can't see as a user, because it's already missing.   

You can disagree and say it's all my fault, that's fine, but I also don't have to agree.  And as almost a 20 year user over there, I fell like I have some perspective on what it was like being a member prior.  

Edited by golfr

1 minute ago, golfr said:

Guys, this is LITERALLY a thread discussing nothing but golfwrx issues that go back all the way to 2019, prior to me even coming.  Issues of web design, BST, communication problems, membership declines, bad articles....etc.  The good and the bad (including Issues) are what make a forum relevant or not.   

As you pointed out this has just mainly become a thread complaining about WRX which we don't need to have.

I'm sure they have their faults, like any forum and I'm sure they have other great sides or features, however as this had turned to mainly complaining and we really don't need to have that here anymore it's time to lock this up. 

Complaints about WRX can be taken to them, we at MGS can move onto other conversations.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW