Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Springbok

Just now, Headhammer said:

I believe I've finally found the epitaph for my tombstone, thanks @BIG STU

1472835833_ScreenShot2022-05-11at8_24_44AM.png.994f3e6da49ed1f4ee5234dc55ae6f7a.png

Perfect😱

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Something us as a mod team has kept an eye on what's going on over there and without question they have a different vibe, but we are seeing more crossovers between the two in they are also providing some member testing (both sites have Modus 115 tests) and now fresh in the mail looks like they have their own version of a most wanted type thing?

Screenshot_2022-05-12-18-56-19-62_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Something us as a mod team has kept an eye on what's going on over there and without question they have a different vibe, but we are seeing more crossovers between the two in they are also providing some member testing (both sites have Modus 115 tests) and now fresh in the mail looks like they have their own version of a most wanted type thing?

Kinda Jaime, they just ask the opinions of a group of fitters they feel confident in. Again, it's a starting point but this is more gauge the people in the industry with what they're seeing in their personal fittings instead of a data driven process like MGS. Not saying either is better or worse, mind you, as these should be used as starting points, not absolutes.

• Like 2

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe Raw 48* (bent from 50*), 53* (bent from 54*), and 58*, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

SIK Golf Flo-C

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV Divide

I post on both sites, but WRX is WAY more active in the forum areas.  So I end up posting more there.  I even changed my username here a few months back to match since they didn't for some reason.

I learned club fitting a couple of different ways, first from Dana Upshaw.  He taught me so much when I was trying to figure some things out.  I also did an OEM master clubfitter program(which was a joke and I will not mention which OEM as I am not here to bash and I like their clubs).  When Dana passed away I lost someone to bounce questions or ideas off of, so I now get a lot of that info from Stuart and Howard.

Opinions on clubs from a company are just like the old saying.  I know that MGS is trying to focus on and apply data on their reviews/most wanted stuff, but it will never convince me to buy a club.  My swing is weird, everyone's swing is different and unless MGS has me testing something to gather data then their data doesn't really help me much at all on clubs or shafts.

Can it give me good starting points for those items?  Sure it can. The ball testing stuff since I know my numbers with my two preferred balls I can use that to compare what they show those balls at to the other numbers to get an idea of things that may work.  The quality stuff was truly eye opening though, I mean I have never played a Callaway golf ball other than those I may find to hit a crazy shot or buy a sleeve to test because i never liked them for my game, but it was eye opening.

• Like 2

Clubs in great standing

• Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS - Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - UST Mamiya Black 79X
  • 5 Wood - Taylormade Sim Max - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron, Srixon ZX7 (6-9)  - Recoil 110 F5
  • Wedges - Cleveland 46, 50*, 54*, & 60* Zipcore mid bounce - Recoil 110 F5
  • Putter -  Mannkrafted MA/66 - UST Frequency Filter, LAB MEZZ.1  - BGT Stability

Clubs in good standing(fighting for one spot)....

• 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named - UST Mamiya Black 79TX | Util - Callaway Apex X Forged UTIL 21* - AD-DI | Util - Srixon ZXU 18* -  Recoil 110 F5 | Util - Callaway UW 19* - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5

Clubs that need a timeout/replacing

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Actually to be fair they have been doing this for several years.  

And just like Berg says, it's feedback from some of the top fitters in the country that offer fittings of all brands.  They relate what has been selling well for particular handicap groups and overall.  I think like @driveandputtmachine mentions above, neither method is going to be the absolute answer for every golfer, but it gives you both data and subjective onions from a wide variety of players to use in your own evaluation of clubs you are looking at for a  starting point. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

8 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

I post on both sites, but WRX is WAY more active in the forum areas.  So I end up posting more there.  I even changed my username here a few months back to match since they didn't for some reason.

I learned club fitting a couple of different ways, first from Dana Upshaw.  He taught me so much when I was trying to figure some things out.  I also did an OEM master clubfitter program(which was a joke and I will not mention which OEM as I am not here to bash and I like their clubs).  When Dana passed away I lost someone to bounce questions or ideas off of, so I now get a lot of that info from Stuart and Howard.

Opinions on clubs from a company are just like the old saying.  I know that MGS is trying to focus on and apply data on their reviews/most wanted stuff, but it will never convince me to buy a club.  My swing is weird, everyone's swing is different and unless MGS has me testing something to gather data then their data doesn't really help me much at all on clubs or shafts.

Can it give me good starting points for those items?  Sure it can. The ball testing stuff since I know my numbers with my two preferred balls I can use that to compare what they show those balls at to the other numbers to get an idea of things that may work.  The quality stuff was truly eye opening though, I mean I have never played a Callaway golf ball other than those I may find to hit a crazy shot or buy a sleeve to test because i never liked them for my game, but it was eye opening.

I did not know that Dana had passed,  I am extremely sorry to hear that. I visited him four times, and beyond clubs, he made a big difference in my game.

• Like 2

Moose, my cat, is Siamese