Jump to content
Springbok

Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

I am pretty new to MGS, but I immediately see a difference in the types of posts.  With WRX the negative people really come out aggressively while the positive people rarely post anything.  It makes it seem that only negative things are being said about a product or story.  MGS members are more apt to post positive comments and there doesn't seem to be a fear that by doing so you will invite a storm of negativity down on you.  The "troll" effect is much higher over there.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... I wrote reviews on WRX many years ago. 2 officially for WRX and the others what I called Best Of PGA Show for every category. Since it was only what I thought was the Best of any category like driver, iron, hybrid, snacks, tees etc, of course they were glowing reviews because they were all The Best at the show. But sooooo many negative comments about being a shill, paid by the OEM's, being dishonest and even "you never even hit the club, just collected your payola" so I stopped posting them there. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chisag said:

... I wrote reviews on WRX many years ago. 2 officially for WRX and the others what I called Best Of PGA Show for every category. Since it was only what I thought was the Best of any category like driver, iron, hybrid, snacks, tees etc, of course they were glowing reviews because they were all The Best at the show. But sooooo many negative comments about being a shill, paid by the OEM's, being dishonest and even "you never even hit the club, just collected your payola" so I stopped posting them there. 

Are you going to the show this year? I always enjoy your feedback.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Are you going to the show this year? I always enjoy your feedback.

 

... Thanks, I appreciate that. While my herniated disc is doing much better, it is still not healed to where I could drive or even fly to Orlando. So I have not ruled out going to the show but how I feel the next few weeks will dictate my plans. The last thing I want to do is set back my winter even further. I was supposed to be in Phoenix Jan 1 and have pushed that back to a tentative Feb 1 but will postpone further if needed. So it doesn't look good for the show, but I have not ruled it out. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... Thanks, I appreciate that. While my herniated disc is doing much better, it is still not healed to where I could drive or even fly to Orlando. So I have not ruled out going to the show but how I feel the next few weeks will dictate my plans. The last thing I want to do is set back my winter even further. I was supposed to be in Phoenix Jan 1 and have pushed that back to a tentative Feb 1 but will postpone further if needed. So it doesn't look good for the show, but I have not ruled it out. 

I had totally forgotten about the back injury. I hope it works out soon!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been a member over there for a little over 14 years. I posted a ton when I played a lot, maintained my industry connections, etc. The forum got huge and it certainly changed as all forums do when they get bigger. I've been a lurker here over the last seven years. I've played less golf and haven't felt the need to club ho as much. I enjoy the equipment tests (they're great to keep an eye on one year old equipment by looking at the prior year's results). 

The big thing - I really like how civil and circumspect this thread has been. It seems representative of the general vibe here. Hopefully I'll be around more as I move back to a climate that allows me to play more golf. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golf WRX is still very relevant in the industry and have their own niche or space in the industry. But every guy in the forums hits it 350 off the tee, talks down to anyone who plays blades (unless you are Rory or Tiger) and every poster is an expert in the field on every subject....

but the articles and equipment previews and reviews are great. Its just the forums that should be cleaned up from all the haters.

MGS is totally different, especially with the way they test and change the industry.  The ball review was unbelievable and im looking fwd to the driver review bc for the 1st time in 10 years, im buying a driver this spring. Maybe some irons too.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 8:17 AM, gregh729 said:

I belong to both sites as well.  Definitely different cultures. I am not sure if it due to size only.  This site has always been more of a social, friendly place. I am part of the a local group on WRX and there is a lot of animosity within that group as well.  As Mr. Hicksta called it, the GTFO mentality. IF you don't agree with either the poster or the self proclaimed expert, then they dismiss any of your views. Essentially telling you the GTFO.  I get real tired of it, and have backed off a lot because of it.

That is why I stay in the two sections I mentioned over there mostly--- No one acts like that in those 2 sections

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I belong to several forums and  Golf WRX.  I've learned that some WRX guys are of a brash nature. Mostly I get  long with them because I'm fairly passive. There are other forums THat really are nothing but a selling tool for the OEM. As some of my buddies call it, friends and family forum, and for a good reason.  Been a member here at MGS for a while but really haven't posted much for one reason or another. Like the layout, conversation and topics and the people seem to be genuine. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I belong to several forums and  Golf WRX.  I've learned that some WRX guys are of a brash nature. Mostly I get  long with them because I'm fairly passive. There are other forums THat really are nothing but a selling tool for the OEM. As some of my buddies call it, friends and family forum, and for a good reason.  Been a member here at MGS for a while but really haven't posted much for one reason or another. Like the layout, conversation and topics and the people seem to be genuine. 
I like what you did THere....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...