Springbok

Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Our Sponsors

In looking at GolfWRX, it seems a bit disorganized to me. I love the organization here of how things are laid out and really intuitive. I think GolfWRX would take a lot of moderating and cleanup to turn it into what I understand it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, jd1993 said:

In looking at GolfWRX, it seems a bit disorganized to me. I love the organization here of how things are laid out and really intuitive. I think GolfWRX would take a lot of moderating and cleanup to turn it into what I understand it was.

Agree with the disorganized point. I am a long time member over there although not a consistent member. Have mainly used it for research regarding things I am interested in such as old persimmon woods, classic irons and the club making areas. I very much enjoy MGS and love its forum lay out-design. 

• Like 1

I love the community here, folks are much nicer, and i have gotten to know a lot of people here (at least online).

However, there is definitely much more action on the Classifieds on golfwrx. WRXers will buy three drivers at a time, hit 10 balls with each, and then all three are up for sale because they are going back to their gamer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

11 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

Current Mills is a hand made that David did for me about 5 years ago. It's the #12 w/kickback hosel and rocker sole. The 12 is my all time favorite putter design. First one I had was late 70's version with the tiny pencil/fluted shaft. My bent grass special as I could shape just about any putt needed on fast, hard breaking bent greens. Made my buddies buy many cola's and snacks when they would challenge me (poor man/kids skin challenges) 😃.

I also collect and love the Softtails, Heritage, Traditons and Nellie models.

Ok cool you are into the newer ones-- Yep I have quite a few with the 223 pencil shaft---- The newest one I own is a Mizuno #1--- what is funny is I always wanted that very one. Did a trade deal in December and found out I could not putt with it worth a hoot but love the looks of it. 

• Like 2

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

I am a member of and follow both. WRX can be excellent in learning about equipment and fitting (Howard Jones and a couple of others come to mind), but I have been flamed over there rather impolitely for stating my opinion on something and rather than argue, I just walked away, even though in my experience, what I said was true.

If they go away, I won't miss it that much.

• Like 3

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S 45"

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S 43"

:titelist-small: 910H 21* Bassara Red R 40"

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT S300 +1" 2-up

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200 +1" 2-up

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3 37"

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

10 hours ago, paperclip said:

I am a member of and follow both. WRX can be excellent in learning about equipment and fitting (Howard Jones and a couple of others come to mind), but I have been flamed over there rather impolitely for stating my opinion on something and rather than argue, I just walked away, even though in my experience, what I said was true.

Yep I read Howard every time he posts

• Like 3

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

3 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Yep I read Howard every time he posts

Stuart G is another.  Dude is a machine.  I mean that in a good way.

• Like 1

Cobra Fly-Z+, Xcaliber Tour 7.5 TS, 44"; Cobra King LTD, HZRDUS Black 75, 6.5, 44.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"; TM Stage 2 Tour, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, DGS300; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram 1980 Tour Grinds, Dynamic S; 2-PW MacGregor Muirfield, Dynamic S; 1-PW Wilson Staff 78 Tour Blades, Dynamic S; 2-PW Ram TG-898, Nippon Super Peening Blue X
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, DGS300; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; Golden Ram TW276, DGS; Golden Ram TW282, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 56*, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60*, 1.05 sole, DGS; Maltby Design 60* 1.05 sole, NV105
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34", round no taper grip
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, or Kirkland Signature 3 pc, or TM TP5

13 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Ok cool you are into the newer ones-- Yep I have quite a few with the 223 pencil shaft---- The newest one I own is a Mizuno #1--- what is funny is I always wanted that very one. Did a trade deal in December and found out I could not putt with it worth a hoot but love the looks of it. 

Well yes to the new ones but at one time I had most all the original TPM's (both the #'s and Roman Numeral ones). Sold all but the 12's, wish I had kept them. I found out through research (after the fact) that while some were stamped Spalding, they were actually made in T-town or finished there. Mine were the old ones (70's/80's). IMO you have some treasures with the .223 pencil shafts -- that feel is unique to say the least. 

Side story, One year at Shoal Creek, I was volunteering on driving range. I walk up to the putting green to see if the pro's have plenty of new Titleist to putt with. It was unusually quiet and many of the pro's were on one side of the green huddled around a staff bag. I waited until they cleared out and went about their practice and walked over. Mother of God I couldn't believe my eyes, a whole bag of handmade tour Mills. Bet I took 30 pics on my phone before this guy walks over, it was David Mills. Very nice guy. I ordered my #12 right after that.  Highlight of week volunteering. 

Apologies for trying to turn this thread into a Mills one... 😀

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

Well yes to the new ones but at one time I had most all the original TPM's (both the #'s and Roman Numeral ones). Sold all but the 12's, wish I had kept them. I found out through research (after the fact) that while some were stamped Spalding, they were actually made in T-town or finished there. Mine were the old ones (70's/80's). IMO you have some treasures with the .223 pencil shafts -- that feel is unique to say the least. 

Side story, One year at Shoal Creek, I was volunteering on driving range. I walk up to the putting green to see if the pro's have plenty of new Titleist to putt with. It was unusually quiet and many of the pro's were on one side of the green huddled around a staff bag. I waited until they cleared out and went about their practice and walked over. Mother of God I couldn't believe my eyes, a whole bag of handmade tour Mills. Bet I took 30 pics on my phone before this guy walks over, it was David Mills. Very nice guy. I ordered my #12 right after that.  Highlight of week volunteering. 

Apologies for trying to turn this thread into a Mills one... 😀

No need to apologize here we get off the subject quite a bit around here. All but one of my Mills believe it or not came of the scrap pile at work. For some reason I get a run on putters. For a while it was TPM and then Bulls Eyes. 

• Like 1

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

No need to apologize here we get off the subject quite a bit around here. 

And in true MGS fashion us MODs don't slap anybody's hands when it happenes. 

Like most things around here the members did a great job of managing things their selves !

• Like 5

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

And in true MGS fashion us MODs don't slap anybody's hands when it happenes. 

Like most things around here the members did a great job of managing things their selves !

As my old fire chief used to say  "That is correct"

• Like 4

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

mmmmm...  TP Mills putters....  

homer simpson. his drool face for things that are yummy! I ...

• Like 3

Cobra Fly-Z+, Xcaliber Tour 7.5 TS, 44"; Cobra King LTD, HZRDUS Black 75, 6.5, 44.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"; TM Stage 2 Tour, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, DGS300; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram 1980 Tour Grinds, Dynamic S; 2-PW MacGregor Muirfield, Dynamic S; 1-PW Wilson Staff 78 Tour Blades, Dynamic S; 2-PW Ram TG-898, Nippon Super Peening Blue X
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, DGS300; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; Golden Ram TW276, DGS; Golden Ram TW282, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 56*, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60*, 1.05 sole, DGS; Maltby Design 60* 1.05 sole, NV105
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34", round no taper grip
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, or Kirkland Signature 3 pc, or TM TP5

Apologies for trying to turn this thread into a Mills one... 

Not a problem, I like reading about Mills putters. I had many but sold them when we moved to FL 8 years ago. There was a couple softails I definitely miss.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 6/16/2020 at 6:26 PM, jd1993 said:

You are dead on it--- from what I have found out most of those that get banned get banned for BST violations. I know for a while there was a bunch of crap going on over there. I would never list anything on BST there. Most of my stuff is vintage anyhow and does not move in general on golf sites

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

For golf-hoes like me, who like to tinker/trade/sell, WRX offers the best ho-ing experience that I have found. People are generally respectful and reasonable. However from an equipment review (official / unofficial) or original content perspective, I much prefer MGS.

• Like 1

WITB 2019

Driver - [NEW] Mizuno ST190, Atmos Black 6x, adjusted to 8.5 degrees

3 Wood - Callaway Alpha 816, Graphite Design AD-DI 7x - 15 degrees

Hybrid - Callaway XR OS, Graphite Design AD-DI 7x - 18 degrees

Irons - Adams CMB, KBS C-Taper - 4 iron - GW

Wedges - Scratch, KBS C-Taper - 53, 58

Putter - Taylormade TP Ardmore Red Limited Edition - 34 inches 

For golf-hoes like me, who like to tinker/trade/sell, WRX offers the best ho-ing experience that I have found. People are generally respectful and reasonable. However from an equipment review (official / unofficial) or original content perspective, I much prefer MGS.

WITB 2019

Driver - [NEW] Mizuno ST190, Atmos Black 6x, adjusted to 8.5 degrees

3 Wood - Callaway Alpha 816, Graphite Design AD-DI 7x - 15 degrees

Hybrid - Callaway XR OS, Graphite Design AD-DI 7x - 18 degrees

Irons - Adams CMB, KBS C-Taper - 4 iron - GW

Wedges - Scratch, KBS C-Taper - 53, 58

Putter - Taylormade TP Ardmore Red Limited Edition - 34 inches 

On 6/16/2020 at 3:17 PM, BIG STU said:

Yep I forgot about you being over there too and on PGS on facebook. Yep if I get banned over there you know how to find me here on our little deal

I working on locating a box suitable to ship.  Once I have that I will know shipping and will let you know.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 6:47 AM, paperclip said:

Don't feel bad, they kicked me off! I have not missed them at all either.....

• Like 1

Long time wrx member here.

They mishandled forum migration big a$$ time. And the Mods attitude was 'we don't care what you think, we only want the BST cash-cow'

I'm done with them and so will be many many members. 

6 hours ago, z745 said:

Long time wrx member here.

They mishandled forum migration big a$$ time. And the Mods attitude was 'we don't care what you think, we only want the BST cash-cow'

I'm done with them and so will be many many members. 

They actually just shut down their forum for the rest of the week to roll back to the old platform 

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* LST VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH