Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist New TRUFEEL Ball Released

Golfspy_CG2

Titleist Introduces New TruFeel Golf Ball – The Softest-Feeling Titleist
New Core and Aerodynamic Technologies Deliver More Long Game Distance, Enhance Best-in-Class Low Compression Performance

FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Sept. 27, 2019) – The new Titleist TruFeel golf ball is engineered to deliver longer distance and excellent control for golfers who rely on the consistent performance and quality of the softest-feeling Titleist.

Now available in golf shops worldwide, Titleist TruFeel has been reimagined with a new TruTouch core and new TruFit aerodynamics for more distance with the driver and in the long game. A proprietary TruFlex cover provides ultra-soft feel and excellent control on shots into and around the green.

For golfers who prefer a very soft compression feel, Titleist TruFeel improves upon the prior generation DT TruSoft as the best performing golf ball in its class, offering a superior combination of soft feel, longer distance and short game control.

“We know from our extensive player testing that golfers who gravitate toward the softest-feeling golf balls are also clearly focused on performance,” said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “In this category, we continue to see competitive products that sacrifice distance or short-game spin in order to gain a softer feel. TruFeel strikes the perfect balance of extremely soft feel and all-around performance. Our engineers have advanced TruFeel’s low compression technology to add speed and distance in the long game while preserving the feel that golfers tell us they love – and the playability on every shot that makes this ball a Titleist.”

TruFeel is available in White and Optic Yellow, with a new Matte Red color option to be added in January 2020. The new TruFeel sidestamp has been designed to double as an alignment aid.

TruFeel PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
Titleist TruFeel delivers best-in-class performance through the most advanced low compression design and manufacturing technologies:

New TruTouch Core: The fast, low compression TruTouch core generates low spin for long distance.

TruFlex Cover: The TruFlex cover is a proprietary Titleist formulation designed for very soft feel around the green and excellent greenside control.

New TruFit Aerodynamics: The new TruFit aerodynamics are designed with a symmetrically optimized pattern to enhance long game distance.

Every TruFeel golf ball is made at Titleist Ball Plant 2 in North Dartmouth, Mass., to ensure the most consistent performance, quality and feel – from ball to ball and dozen to dozen.

NEW SIDESSTAMP ALIGNMENT
The TruFeel sidestamp features a new alignment aid, providing golfers the option for easy alignment without having to mark a line on the ball. The design was inspired by the most popular alignment aid available through the My Titleist customizer on Titleist.com since alignment options debuted in February 2018.

COLOR OPTIONS AND AVAILABILITY
TruFeel is now available in golf shops worldwide in both White and Optic Yellow, with a new Matte Red color option coming in January 2020. MAP $22.99.

Titleist TRUFEEL.jpg

Titleist TRUFEEL Colors.jpg

For more detailed info, here's the link to the Blog Preview of them. TruFeel

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I don't get it TBH

The matte balls look like they belong at the mini golf center, especially the red one
Titleist seems to be in direct competition with themselves
Marketing terms are so generic

The price is right but who truly benefits from a 2pc ball?

Golf is cool

Soft is slow, so this makes zero sense to me, unless one is simply looking at price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

54 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Soft is slow, so this makes zero sense to me, unless one is simply looking at price.

... Yup, price, colors, feel and low spin. Some with low swing speeds like a soft feeling ball that hits and rolls. Titleist has obviously done their research and must think there is a market for this ball because they ain't dummies when it comes to golf balls and marketing. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

I don't get it TBH

The matte balls look like they belong at the mini golf center, especially the red one
Titleist seems to be in direct competition with themselves
Marketing terms are so generic

The price is right but who truly benefits from a 2pc ball?

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Did you guys watch Tony Covey's fitting video at Titleist.  They actually corrected Tony when he said Soft is Slow, they said SLOWER.. which they then also added there is a segment of golfers who don't want to pay the ProV price or need that level of ball, but want to play a Titleist ball, so the said they would put them in something like this if that's what they say their goals are. 

Did you guys watch Tony Covey's fitting video at Titleist.  They actually corrected Tony when he said Soft is Slow, they said SLOWER.. which they then also added there is a segment of golfers who don't want to pay the ProV price or need that level of ball, but want to play a Titleist ball, so the said they would put them in something like this if that's what they say their goals are. 

That’s what I said, Price being a factor.

... Yup, price, colors, feel and low spin. Some with low swing speeds like a soft feeling ball that hits and rolls. Titleist has obviously done their research and must think there is a market for this ball because they ain't dummies when it comes to golf balls and marketing. 

For those golfers Feel>Performance

14 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yea, but in that video they were all basically mocking the 2 pc ball and basically saying the market should NOT be geared towards a ball of that nature. Basically saying ANYONE could benefit from the prov series and avx

Golf is cool

23 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

Yea, but in that video they were all basically mocking the 2 pc ball and basically saying the market should NOT be geared towards a ball of that nature. Basically saying ANYONE could benefit from the prov series and avx

I don't know if they were mocking it.  But I do agree they were saying anyone can benefit from a urethane ball, and I 100% agree with that.  I know I've gotten into quite a few disagreements over it with others, who say high handicappers can not benefit from a tour level ball.   And I will go to my grave saying that's BS.   I'm living proof as a 23 I played a ProV and there I saw distinguishable differences between  ProV's and say the Velocity or Q Star, Wilson Due etc.    

What I will say is each higher handicap has to determine if it's worth the price to him or her to play a Tour level ball.   If they are losing 5 or 6 balls a round, then maybe not.   But if someone like me...and I'm not 23 anymore, gotten down to 15 to 16 this year, but I don't lose a lot off the tee, i'm just not a long  hitter and when i'm playing in a league or tournament that stretches a bit long for me, It's improtant for me to know those green side pitches and chips are going to perform on the green and not run out 20 feet after landing. 

Of course Titleist wants to sell more ProV's  I mean who wouldn't, I'm sure Toyota would prefer to sell a lot more Highlanders and 4 runners than Corollas and Rav 4's    Some may call the ball fitting and education days that Titleist does a bunch of marketing or sales hype, but I've seen it first hand at some of these events at our coruse where a higher cap player may have been told "you  aren't good enough" to play that ball, then gets it in his hands around the green and see's it does make a difference for him.

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I know I've gotten into quite a few disagreements over it with others, who say high handicappers can not benefit from a tour level ball.   And I will go to my grave saying that's BS.   I'm living proof as a 23 I played a ProV and there I saw distinguishable differences between  ProV's and say the Velocity or Q Star, Wilson Due etc.    

What I will say is each higher handicap has to determine if it's worth the price to him or her to play a Tour level ball.   If they are losing 5 or 6 balls a round, then maybe not.

... Good stuff CG2. To be fair, you are a high index player on a golf forum and are earnestly trying to improve. I have been paired up with many high index players that never practice and have a 2% chance of hitting the same pitch or chip twice in a round. And same with iron shots hitting them fat/thin, left/right and high/low. For that kind of player a tour level ball may help them on one or two shots but have no influence on their other 111 shots. For that guy a cheap, soft feeling ball can be just as good as a ProV1 for 1/2 the price. 

Edited by chisag

The first thing that jumps out at me is that they almost completely removed the word "soft" from that press release.

It's interesting that MGS comes out with the "soft is slow" slogan, and a few months later Titleist removes the TruSoft from their lineup and rebrands it (slightly modified?) as a TruFeel.  Maybe there is no correlation here, but the timing is interesting.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

27 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I don't know if they were mocking it.  But I do agree they were saying anyone can benefit from a urethane ball, and I 100% agree with that.  I know I've gotten into quite a few disagreements over it with others, who say high handicappers can not benefit from a tour level ball.   And I will go to my grave saying that's BS.   I'm living proof as a 23 I played a ProV and there I saw distinguishable differences between  ProV's and say the Velocity or Q Star, Wilson Due etc.    

What I will say is each higher handicap has to determine if it's worth the price to him or her to play a Tour level ball.   If they are losing 5 or 6 balls a round, then maybe not.   But if someone like me...and I'm not 23 anymore, gotten down to 15 to 16 this year, but I don't lose a lot off the tee, i'm just not a long  hitter and when i'm playing in a league or tournament that stretches a bit long for me, It's improtant for me to know those green side pitches and chips are going to perform on the green and not run out 20 feet after landing. 

Of course Titleist wants to sell more ProV's  I mean who wouldn't, I'm sure Toyota would prefer to sell a lot more Highlanders and 4 runners than Corollas and Rav 4's    Some may call the ball fitting and education days that Titleist does a bunch of marketing or sales hype, but I've seen it first hand at some of these events at our coruse where a higher cap player may have been told "you  aren't good enough" to play that ball, then gets it in his hands around the green and see's it does make a difference for him.

maybe "mocking" was too strong of a word, but they were having fun with it. When i saw this release, that video with Tony was the first thing I thought of....I was shocked i saw a 2pc release after that video...lol

I am a 10-12 hdcp and I have noticed a huge difference between a Wilson Duo and a Prov1 over the years.....

i recently hit the longest drive of my career (documented in the Tommy Armour forum) with a TP5 that went well over 300 yards with a 15 yard roll. It was probably the best swing ive ever had in my life and the ball just flew and flew. I never could do that with a $20 ball. I have played the DT line a few years ago and it felt great but the greenside performance was really bad. I need a chip to stop and a ball to NOT run out like you mentioned.

I would give this ball a shot but i would not expect prov1 type performance green to tee......if Titleist can get something close for $22/dzn, id play it all day

Golf is cool

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Good stuff CG2. To be fair, you are a high index player on a golf forum and are earnestly trying to improve. I have been paired up with many high index players hat never practice and have a 2% chance of hitting the same pitch or chip twice in a round. And same with iron shots hitting them fat/thin, left/right and high/low. For that kind of player a tour level ball may help them on one or two shots but have no influence on their other 111 shots. For that guy a cheap, soft feeling ball can be just as good as a ProV1 for 1/2 the price. 

Solid point, high handicappers come in all different manor of play.  Some who can't get off the tee the entire round, others who have the pitching and putting touch of King Kong, and everything in-between.  

so yes, absolutely there will be those as you mentioned that might only see the benefit once a round, and for most you'r correct that would't be worth the price.   

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Solid point, high handicappers come in all different manor of play.  Some who can't get off the tee the entire round, others who have the pitching and putting touch of King Kong, and everything in-between.  

so yes, absolutely there will be those as you mentioned that might only see the benefit once a round, and for most you'r correct that would't be worth the price.   

So much this and one of my pet peeves is when guys ask for advice on ss and/or hdcp. So much goes into swings, clubs and performance as well as how ones hdcp is formed that using either ss or hcdp to base decisions on is pointless imo.

as for this offering there is a market for softer balls and colored ones as well regardless of what mgs puts out there’s a segment of golfers who don’t know about it or ignore it and will play what they like.  Feel or what is really sound for many is important as is price (see the ksig hysteria).  Titleist being a publicly owned company needs to have a ball in this price range and options of colors and feel to help compete against other brands and to get those sales. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So much this and one of my pet peeves is when guys ask for advice on ss and/or hdcp. So much goes into swings, clubs and performance as well as how ones hdcp is formed that using either ss or hcdp to base decisions on is pointless imo.

as for this offering there is a market for softer balls and colored ones as well regardless of what mgs puts out there’s a segment of golfers who don’t know about it or ignore it and will play what they like.  Feel or what is really sound for many is important as is price (see the ksig hysteria).  Titleist being a publicly owned company needs to have a ball in this price range and options of colors and feel to help compete against other brands and to get those sales. 

That's such a good point that we---in the forum life--often forget.   I was told once that all golf forums combined make up less than 1% of the golf consumers.  

So they have really no idea on the MGS ball study.  Their purchase decisions are driven by OEM advertising and their budgets. 

Interesting how old thinking processes stick around even with newer instructors. I've been playing Pro v1x for a year when I went for my fitting earlier this year. At the fitting we also went through different balls and his recommendation was Pro V1x along with a couple of other competitive tour balls. I hadn't told him I was playing 1x. I've got a 21 index and love the distance, sound, feel and the way it works for me on my short game. My instructor (younger and less experienced than my fitter) thinks I'd get better performance from what I call lower end balls. I'll stick with my 1x thank you. Of course it's now rare for me to lose a ball during 18, if I was losing a bunch I'd reconsider using a cheaper ball.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

37 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's such a good point that we---in the forum life--often forget.   I was told once that all golf forums combined make up less than 1% of the golf consumers.  

So they have really no idea on the MGS ball study.  Their purchase decisions are driven by OEM advertising and their budgets. 

Yeah. It’s funny how many have no idea about forums. Had a conversation with a group I got paired with and we started talking gear. I mentioned the mgs most wanted and they never heard of it...also had no idea what wrx was. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

51 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Yeah. It’s funny how many have no idea about forums. Had a conversation with a group I got paired with and we started talking gear. I mentioned the mgs most wanted and they never heard of it...also had no idea what wrx was. 

Yep. I talk to easily 3 to 4 dozen regular golfers a week, most have never heard of any of them.  Although a few have heard of MGS because Srixon and others using the Most Wanted label in their advertising.  

36 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep. I talk to easily 3 to 4 dozen regular golfers a week, most have never heard of any of them.  Although a few have heard of MGS because Srixon and others using the Most Wanted label in their advertising.  

... I am always a little surprised when I talk to someone I am paired up with when they know a little about equipment. Maybe have an aftermarket shaft and knowledge about their drivers spin and trajectory compared to another driver they liked or played. But when asked about any golf forums they frequent, they are completely oblivious to their existence. 

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am always a little surprised when I talk to someone I am paired up with when they know a little about equipment. Maybe have an aftermarket shaft and knowledge about their drivers spin and trajectory compared to another driver they liked or played. But when asked about any golf forums they frequent, they are completely oblivious to their existence. 

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

The hot list is well known by many. When I explain a lot has to do with marketing dollars and everyone being awarded stars so not to offend any brands they look at me like i have 3 eyes

I'll bet 90% of the guys in our league don't access forums, be it WRX, MGS, etc. and a number of these guys are low handicappers. I told our head Pro about MGS and being a tester - he had a look of disbelief and asked 1. How much do you pay to be a "tester" and 2. What's the catch. Also sent to him and his staff the link to Tony's ball test. Guess they didn't read it since their recommendation was for me to use a 'lower end' ball.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I like it.  I played the TruSoft this summer for a little bit and it was a good ball, it just doesnt spin enough.  If I were a slower swing speed player who wanted a soft feeling ball or simply didnt want to spend $45 on a dozen Pro V1s, it would be a great option.

As for the notion that Titleist thinks everyone would benefit from playing a Pro V1, I dont think theyre wrong on that.  Dean Snell has said many times that people should choose a ball based upon their budget, their skill level and now the ball performs around the green.  He has said that once you get a halfway decent swing, everyone would benefit from the spin of a higher end ball.  When you do their ball fitting, they basically take you down 2 paths: preferences or performance.  Preference takes you to things like the Trusoft and Tour Soft and performance takes you to the Pro V or AVX.

Obviously, if youre Titleist, you would like people to buy more expensive balls too.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Reiterating what a few people have said... think of the sheer amount of people who are in the "market", but just grab a sleeve of balls at the pro shop during their 1-2 rounds per year. No way in the world they're buying ProV1's, nor should they. Even if they may benefit from it, that kind of golfer simply doesn't care that much about the game to make expensive tour balls even slightly worth it.

Which is a totally different story to a mid to high handicapper who's really trying to improve and puts time and energy into golf. Then the advantages of tour balls make sense

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

20 hours ago, chisag said:

They're paying close attention to us aging Boomers... their cash cow 😂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Reiterating what a few people have said... think of the sheer amount of people who are in the "market", but just grab a sleeve of balls at the pro shop during their 1-2 rounds per year. No way in the world they're buying ProV1's, nor should they.

There are exceptions. I love going out after (charity and other )events at our club where infrequent golfers participant. The woods and ponds are littered with pro v1 and 1x. I love filling my shag bag with them.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

They're paying close attention to us aging Boomers... their cash cow .

If they’re not paying attention they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw James Robinsons on course testing of this ball vs the prov 1. On every shot, the tru feel was longer but did not hold the green as well as the pro v 1....but it was very very close. It was actually shocking to me.....no more $47 a dzn pro v 1's for me......

Golf is cool