Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Kube Folding Travel Bag From Sun Mountain

Golfspy_CG2

Press Release from Sun Mountain

Missoula, Montana – The innovators at Sun Mountain have done it again with the introduction of the Kube golf travel bag. Kube looks like an ordinary, small, plastic suitcase but unbuckle it and it opens into a full-sized golf travel bag. Kube’s folded size is merely 9” x 13” x 14.5” and weighs only 6.8 lbs. Kube is available in eight colors with a retail price of $229.99. For the retailer nearest you, call 800-227-9224 or visit www.sunmountain.com.

Kube is constructed from durable, ballistic style fabric in combination with plastic half-shells with dense foam padding through the top of the bag to protect golf clubs. When not in use, Kube folds down to 9" x 13" x 14.5" for storage. When unfolded for use, Kube has internal dimensions of 52" x 14" x 14" offering room for a golf stand bag or cart bag.

Kube’s fabric is further reinforced in wear areas and heavy-duty, two-way zippers run the full length of the golf travel bag to make it easy to load.

“Kube is ideal for someone who travels periodically with their golf clubs,” explains President of Sun Mountain, Ed Kowachek, “and wants their golf travel bag to take up as little space as possible when not in use.”

Kube weighs only 6.8 lbs and comes in eight colors: Carbon Fiber, Graphite/Pink, Inferno, Tropic, Cobalt, White, Bumblebee and Rush.

In addition to Kube, Sun Mountain offers several models of the ClubGlider golf travel bag with patented, extendable legs that support 100% of the weight.

For 30 years Sun Mountain has been a pioneer in the golf industry, revolutionizing golf bags, golf outerwear and golf carts. Sun Mountain's many innovations, including the first lightweight golf bag and modern stand bag, have made it the top golf bag company in North America. Within golf outerwear, Sun Mountain redefined golf-specific performance first with the windshirt, then fleece, and again with its four-way stretch, waterproof, and breathable rainwear. The Sun Mountain Speed Cart® golf push cart transformed walking carts and created an entirely new category of golf products. Sun Mountain's "Ahead of Time Design" motto drives the company to continually design and refine golf equipment. For the Sun Mountain retailer nearest you call 800-227-9224 or visit www.sunmountain.com.

kube Bumblebee_Black.jpg

Kube Carbon Fiber_Black Closed.jpg

Kube Cobalt_Navy Closed.jpg

Kube Rush Green_Black.png

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Ok, when I first read the headline of this bag, I was a bit skeptical, then I downloaded the pictures and read the release.

I think ti's pretty damn cool   Who among us hasn't had a travel bag that was a PITA to store somewhere.    I have had the SM ClubGlider for years and swear by it from a use standpoint, but even with it folding in half, it's still a bit bulky to store.

I'll be interested to see more on these as they hit stores. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 weeks later...

Actually i think its a very fair price for s quality travel bag.  I paid a bit more for their clubglider model.   It has held up vety well for 5 years taking anywhere from 3-6  air trips a year with the clubs. 

I think the storage is an added cool feature. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

For those living in major cities living space costs a premium.  This will only increase as the urbanization trend continues.  Good for Sun Mountain to see the trend and bring innovative products to market.  Good for the consumer and good for their bottom line.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

• 1 year later...

I have an old Wilson one that’s just a bag and I use a stiff arm .. I am planning on traveling for more golf trips so I have been looking for an upgrade this looks awesome 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

16 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

I have an old Wilson one that’s just a bag and I use a stiff arm .. I am planning on traveling for more golf trips so I have been looking for an upgrade this looks awesome 

Yeah I took a look at Golf Galaxy and they look pretty sturdy I've just never traveled with clubs and fear the airlines/TSA and their tender loving care they show regular luggage cant imagine they like 50lbs of golf clubs

Just now, ThereIsOnly1 said:

Yeah I took a look at Golf Galaxy and they look pretty sturdy I've just never traveled with clubs and fear the airlines/TSA and their tender loving care they show regular luggage cant imagine they like 50lbs of golf clubs

funny you say that ... we are checking our golf bags and I have a stiff arm and the guy puts my bag top first down the chute .. we get to SC and I open up the golf bag and the top of the stiff arm is cracked ... lucky I had one or would of been a driver ! .. I actually on the way back removed the driver head and put that in my carry on. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

I like the way my current high-quality travel bag (no need to post competing brands here) folds when not in use, and this seems even smaller.  If I ever wear out my current travel bag, this one will be on the list of potential replacements.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia