Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Beaver Creek Golf Club, Darlington SC

KenLewis1058

I decided to go and play 9nholes at Beaver creek since it was only $11 to play. I checked in and the guy at the desk told me I could play either the front 9 or back 9 so I chose the more challenging back 9.

I noticed that the grass looked like it had not been maintained well but started gunplay on hole 10. Throughout all the holes most of the grass was up to my ankles and was very "rough" to play on. Actually lost 3 balls in the tall grass. The greens were not very green and were mostly sandy, showing the lack of maintenance.

The kicker to the experience was on hole 15 the owner, who is in his mid 30s drove up on a g to fly cart and started screaming and accusing me of playing for 9 and playing more because he saw another guy playing the front 9. I had only been there for about 45 minutes when this happened. I explained that I was playing only the back 9 like the elderly gentleman at the front desk told me I could. He still was irate but then asked wh why t kind of car i drove and when i told him he realized the guy he saw on the front 9 was a different person. I was extremely angry with the experience and from there my game went downhill.

I will not play here again and would not recommend this course to anyone.

Sent from my Android using MyGolfSpy mobile app