Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Why's it in the Bag?

null

Thought a fun thread to have would be a Why's it in the Bag thread.

It can be because of playability, distance, gapping, looks, functionality - there are tons of reasons why we each choose the setups we do and it would be pretty rare to find any two golf bags exactly alike.

We can use this thread to explain why we have our bags setup the way we do

Good thread! I've got a 22* hybrid in my bag that I use only on 3 holes, off the tee - all of them being Par 3's on our course. Is it because I don't hit my irons well off the tee? Afraid of the water? Not sure, but repeated use of that club on those holes has become a superstition for me. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I just took out my 4 iron and put a 2 iron in the bag.  My home course has to 18s.  On the West course, I would tee off with the two iron on 3 par 4s and on the East Course at least 3 par 4s.

I found myself barely using my 4 iron, so I put it to the side and swapped a 21* hybrid head in to fill the gap between my 5 iron and 3W.  I will be able to choke down a bit to get about a 210 shot with the hybrid, and a full shot will still carry about 225. 

Hitting the 2 iron off the deck has been a nice surprise at the range, but not sure how it will translate on the course.  Angle of descent is around 35* with around 3,000 spin, so i don't think it will be holding many greens. 

...jlukes, great addition to your bag! You are gonna love teeing off with your 2 iron. I find it so accurate and sometimes just crazy long. I don't use mine from the fairway unless I am playing into the wind and need a low shot that rolls but you have a higher swing speed and may find it works much better for you. So many people are amazed I can play a 2 iron at my age but as you know, todays hollow headed and forgiving 2 irons are nothing like the old 2 irons from a set. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

...jlukes, great addition to your bag! You are gonna love teeing off with your 2 iron. I find it so accurate and sometimes just crazy long. I don't use mine from the fairway unless I am playing into the wind and need a low shot that rolls but you have a higher swing speed and may find it works much better for you. So many people are amazed I can play a 2 iron at my age but as you know, todays hollow headed and forgiving 2 irons are nothing like the old 2 irons from a set. 

I got the u500 and can't believe the numbers I'm seeing off the deck 

IMG_20191001_134742.jpg

I dropped my 2 iron out of the bag in favor of a Flash 5W mainly for 1 hole at my course. Par 5 dogleg left that you either hit 6 iron off of or with the 5w I am able to get it over the trees and and in a great position.

2 iron is great off the tee but was struggling from anywhere else with it. 5W is not as long off the tee but does fill the hole between 3w & 4 iron nicely. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I use a 2 iron frequently.... as a grilling utensil. 🥴🤣🤪

For me it’s the 7,9 wood combo - Fitter recommenced and Shot Scope verified - they fit that gap between 165 and 195 perfectly for me, fly high and land soft - they aren’t ideal in the wind but Florida is breezy not necessarily windy - the issue here is much more swirling or direction changing with the tides during play than velocity.

Carry in wet conditions and high and soft when dry is important here. Those clubs work. They are in and 22,25 degree hybrids are out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

A couple of years ago I dropped out my 5W (couldn't consistently hit a good 3W) in favor of a 2H with decent results.  However, I can't reach any of our par 5's in two shots and it's difficult to reach a couple of par 4's and one par 3, depending on the wind speed and direction.  After I made a swing change this year, I was hitting the ball a little better off the fairway so I went to the Kenny B Golf Store (my garage) and pulled out my old TaylorMade RBZ 3W.  On some days it works great and shortens my next shot or gets me on/near the green.  On other days I remember why I put it in the garage and just hit the 2H.  But overall, it's worth it for the added yards.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Swapped out my 4 and 5 irons last week and put my Maltby KE4 Tour hybrids back in the bag. For me, they're easier to hit and I can squeak out a bit more distance out of them.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

When I was in Peru there was one course in our city.  Two of the par three's were almost unreachable with my long irons, so I switched from the Hogan Apex Edge to the Adams IdeaTech A4 which had hybrids for the 3 and 4.  Eventually I got back to the point where I could reach those with my 5 iron.

Now I have the PTx irons.  They are in the bag for no other reason than Hogan was back in the game, I was excited and I found a barely used set for 30% of MSRP (Hogan didn't last long with that business model!).  They have C-Taper Stiff shafts in the irons and Tour V Stiff shafts in the wedges, which makes nearly no sense according to everything I have learned since that purchase.  I can hit the C-Tapers, but in trying some others, I find I have to work much less to get the same output with a less manly shaft.  Currently, only my driver is in the bag based on any real testing or reason.

I have replaced my wife's whole bag this year, so maybe a quid pro quo will let me completely reevaluate the rest of the bag if Club Champion does another 50% off fittings in the winter.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

I carry a 2 hybrid, a TM Rescue 11 TP.  Std loft is 16 but I have it turned to its lowest loft setting at the moment.  It's currently used in place of my 3wood.  I originally bought it as a long approach option for par 5s or long par 4s.  However, I found that I really liked using it off the tee as well when less then driver was needed.  For that reason, it has displaced my 3wood for most of this year.

cause it works and I like the look of them- mostly the looks😂

I also have in my bag; a bottle top and some sweets(candy) that fell in the top over a year ago and I can't be bothered emptying the whole bag for that😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"