TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos versus Shotscope V2

MaxEntropy

I have the Arcos system and it skips many shots. We are supposed to put the phone in our pocket but I have it on my belt , but I cut out a piece where the mic is! The problem is too often I put the phone back in the case with the mic on the wrong side!  Which reminds me , I'll have to run diagnostics on them before the season starts next week!

But in Arcos favor is they they know my game missed shots and email me without me asking to offer possible solutions! So the support is good!

Pete  

Edited by peterg2000

In my      :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:

Driver:    :ping-small: G425 LST, set to 9.0, graphite stiff-flex,  Tour S 65 

3W:          Taylormade Jetspeed Stiff Flex

2H:           Taylormade Jetspeed Regular Flex  ( yeah I know got it on sale and love it as is)

3H:           Taylormade RBZ stiff flex

Irons:        Tatlormade RBZ steel stiff flex

Wedges:  :ping-small: GMax, Yellow Dot, CVS 70 graphite, PW, UW & SW, Ping Glide Dyla-Wedge (white color code)

Putter:     Odessey 

Ball:       Titlest ProV1x

Shoes:   :footjoy-small:

i've been using Arccos for some time now, and it has pluses and minuses.  Nothing is perfect I guess.

I don't love the phone in the pocket and my fiance absolutely hates it - can't wait for the link to ship.

The customer service is fantastic - every question I've ever had, or issue with a sensor, has been resolved quickly and without cost or question.

I think they will continue to improve and evolve as technology gets more sophisticated.   Overall, I'm a fan....

Handicap 12

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

3-Wood: TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

Hybrids:  TaylorMade GAPR Mid, GAPR Hi

Irons:    TaylorMade P-790 5-PW, Oban Shafts, R+ Flex

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 56 Full Grind, Oban shafts, Cleveland RTX 60, Mid Grind, Oban Shaft

Putter:  Odyssey DF-550

Today made up my mind - I’m pulling the ARCOSS probes and putting the shot scope one back in. It’s the 3rd time that ARCOSS stoped in me mid round - that and bothering playing partners mid round trying to get pin positions accurate is too much of an imposition on a round.

Shotscope takes post round time but in many ways I think that helps.

I do like the game part handicap breakdowns but it’s not worth it. I’m back on the shotscope train.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rev, that’s th3 reason I dropped Arccos......because it kept locking up mid round.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Yeah but now ARCOSS is coming out with that new shots gained feature - 🙂

Perhaps I will put the probes back in and not worry so much about getting the pin placement accurate.  I may loose a round here or there because it locks but over time the loss of that data won't matter much.  And I have a USGA handicap so the ARCOSS one doesn't mean much beyond giving me the breakdown as to how its assembled - I've clearly learned that the closer I get to the green the better I am relative to other golfers and that my approach game stinks - I sensed that before but the data on either program, makes it clear.  Maybe its time to look into a set of D7's.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I've liked Arccos for the two rounds I've used it.  I usually have my phone in my pocket anyway so that was not an issue.  And I like using it as a quick GPS check in combination with my laser.  I'm looking forward to getting some more rounds in and seeing if my weaknesses are what I suspect they are, but now I have an easy way to track it and set some goals.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

So yesterday I had a fully charged Shotscope watch die on the 13th hole, just 3 1/2 hours. I am now unsure of the Shotscope.....maybe I’ll just go back to my rangefinder and keeping manual stats.....nah, I’ll stick it out.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

21 hours ago, fozcycle said:

So yesterday I had a fully charged Shotscope watch die on the 13th hole, just 3 1/2 hours. I am now unsure of the Shotscope.....maybe I’ll just go back to my rangefinder and keeping manual stats.....nah, I’ll stick it out.

I'm thinking that the battery is running out of juice because you use it a lot more than, say, I do at once a week. I played a 5 hour round on Saturday and still had about 32% charge left on it.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I had arccos and it was alright. I wanted more of just play and it will track kind of thing, but I seemed to have to edit a lot. It doesn't handle penalty strokes well. I play the same course for almost all my rounds and I wanted to see where my shots tended to go on each hole, but was unable to find that information. I used it for 27 rounds and then sold it. It didn't show me anything I didn't know about my game already.

I’ve gone back to ARCCOS because of the upcoming Shots Gained feature. :)

BTW for those who game it how close is your ARCCOS handicap index to your real one?

Mine is off by about a stroke. It think it’s because ARCCOS is calculating my handicap from a full set of tees rather than the blended one that I’m often playing.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 5/21/2020 at 1:54 AM, fozcycle said:

My Shot Scope started doing strange things like that and then it just died. It completely refuses to charge so I have a set of sensors but no watch.

I do have to say that I would happily try the new watch, it may solve the issue I had in the end with it causing pain in my hand because it was pressing on a pressure point in my tiny wrist ☺️ 

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

2 hours ago, revkev said:

I’ve gone back to ARCCOS because of the upcoming Shots Gained feature. 🙂

BTW for those who game it how close is your ARCCOS handicap index to your real one?

Mine is off by about a stroke. It think it’s because ARCCOS is calculating my handicap from a full set of tees rather than the blended one that I’m often playing.

Mine matches fairly accurately. There are times when it is a tenth off but never has it been a full stroke. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Great review! I just started with arccos and had a few errors w reading shots, but I think it's because it was cart path only and I was frequently bringing 3-5 clubs with me as i approached the greens. I had no problem correcting the shots after the round and it has already helped me come up w a better strategy for getting around my home course.

Any tips for how to get the most accurate tracking possible out of arccos?

ALSO - for anyone wanting to buy arccos, if you activate a Cobra connect sensor you can get all of the sensors shipped to you and a 90 day trial for $20. I bought some KBS hi rev 2.0 shafts that were pulls from Cobra wedges on eBay for $30 shipped and tried activating them on a whim, it worked! Ymmv!

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

I looked at the Arccos site today and I see the belt clip is “back ordered” AGAIN. Did anyone order one when it showed available recently? Anyone receive it????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Mine matches fairly accurately. There are times when it is a tenth off but never has it been a full stroke. 

I’m certain that my issue is that I play a blended set
of tees that ARCCOS doesn’t recognize.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I’m certain that my issue is that I play a blended set
of tees that ARCCOS doesn’t recognize.

Yeah I realized one of the courses I played at this week only has one set of tees in arccos. I need to send them the scorecard to update it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

It would’ve been awesome to try Arccos again using the built-in system Cobra has. I was really looking forward to trying it again this year for a longer period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Wanted to jump in with a comment on my recent procurement and experience with Shotscope V2.  I love the idea of tracking and also like the idea of yardage help with GPS.  I've looked and followed all the GPS watches, iphone apps, Arccos, and Shotscope.  I have an apple watch so I've become used to having something on my wrist at all times.  I tried 18 birdies and the course I played had 3 9s, it started on the wrong course and I couldn't get it to change, etc...  Too much attention, messing with my phone, etc, OUT...  So I narrowed to Arccos and Shotscope.  I read up and investigated all the stuff I could find here on MGS.  I have to say I think I could go either way.  I do like that Shotscope has GPS right there on your wrist.  So fastforward I put them both on my Amazon list, ebay list, looking around for deals, etc.  I go on Ebay and boom win a Shotscope V2 for $60 TMD!!  

Couldn't wait to get on the course!!  Tee time lined up for this past Sunday. The one thing I was kind of worried I wouldn't like is the size of the watch.  It is huge, but it's so light once you get it on your wrist you really don't think about it.  It is so easy to use.  Get it set up, upload course, turn it on and bang you are playing golf.  I used it along with laser range finder and distances were great.  It took me a bit to learn how to work the Hazards feature, but got that down.  The only other thing I need to figure out is penalties while you are playing.  However, went in after the round and edited it as I went.  I have to say I'm really impressed and happy I made the plunge.  Now I just have to save up for V3 when they come available and have worked out all the kinks, etc.  Excited to see the difference in size.  I'm thinking with a smaller size it could be the perfect GPS/Tracking tool for me and my preferences. 

Initially speaking I am very pleased with the V2.  I'm fairly new to it and sure I'll learn some of the nuances and tricks, but honestly I don't really have any negatives on functionality if I had to nitpick I'd say the size of the watch is a little on the large and clunky looking.  However, I don't think it was any issue to my swing.  I also need to play around with the data aspect a little more, I suppose there is a nit pick here or there that could be brought up for them to incorporate, other than that I think it is a really solid device that does exactly as it is intended and is pretty easy to use.  Thumbs up to Shotscope V2! 

Edited by Clay10Co9

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

The issues with Arccos and Samsung battery life are pretty well known. Have they made some changes in the most recent update? 

Because of the brutal battery life, I normally use an old phone without a sim card. I forgot that phone today so had to use my Samsung for league. I was shocked when I finished our 9 and still had over 80% battery left. Last year, it was closer to 60% after 9 and could be around 20% after 18.

It was really nice to see true weather updates with the caddie recommendation.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I put together a similar comparison back in 2018, but it looks like those threads were archived or taken down. I think our opinions are very similar -- Arccos seemed to have easier setup and UI; Shot Scope has a leg up in post-round activity (e.g. no need to go back and place the holes), extra tags, and tag size; both offered similar stats with Arccos maybe being a bit better; I dislike both of the tracking systems (phone in pocket and big watch instead of my own watch), I never made it through 36 holes with either system, etc. I later tried Game Golf Pro, which did not work for me at all and I ultimately got them to refund it (thread also no longer exists?). I still have my Arccos sensors on the bench awaiting delivery of Link, hoping that gives a better experience. My actual preference would be a hybrid system where small tags integrate with my Garmin Fenix, but it looks like that's not on the roadmap (and I won't switch to an Apple Watch because I'm stubborn 😂) -- Garmin does offer sensors, but they only pair with certain watches, which excludes Fenix models . 

I have an old draft of my original review, included below, in which I tried to categorize into things that matter to me offering a "winner" in each category. Similar to what you said, I didn't declare an overall preference because I don't really have one -- Arccos looks better on paper within the categories I picked, but I actually felt better with Shot Scope because of the tag size, especially on the putter (good news: Arccos said they will include a smaller putter sensor with my Link shipment!). I saw a thread advertising Shot Scope v3 with a much smaller, sleeker watch, but don't see that on their website at all - maybe that will eventually be the best product?

I'm a little late to this thread, but I've used both, so hopefully I can help. I used Arccos 360 for about a year, then switched over to Shot Scope v2 for the last couple months. They have had similar results, but there are definite pros/cons to each. It really comes down to personal preference -- right now, I prefer Shot Scope (mostly because of the tags), but I am considering giving Game Golf Pro a shot when it finally comes out in September (I switched to Shot Scope because of product delays with Game Golf, and there's no way I'm tapping before every shot like the old Game Golf requires). I'll separate them into a few categories that are important to me, giving a winner to each category:

***Important note: I made the switch without trying Arccos Caddie 2.0, so I don't what kind of improvements came with that. 

Tracking Hardware: Toss-up. Arccos 360 requires a phone or similar device in your pocket; Shot Scope requires you wear their bulky (and ugly) watch. I'm not a fan of the phone in the pocket, especially the larger ones (I currently have a Pixel XL); as far as the watch goes, I normally wear my Garmin Fenix while playing, so the Shot Scope feel is fine with me, but I'd prefer to wear my normal watch (activity tracking, etc.). I've heard that Arccos is going to get rid of the phone-in-pocket requirement in the near future, but don't know when or how that is happening. 

Tags: Shot Scope. This is the biggest deal for me. The Arccos tags are too big - they are noticeable as you grip the club (especially the putter tag, which is HUGE), and they add a counterweight to the club. Shot Scope's feel cheaper, but they are lower profile and lighter, so they don't get in the way as much as Arccos. If you want to track a different club, you need to reprogram your Arccos tag, while Shot Scope gives you a handful of extras.

Battery: Toss-up. Arccos drains my phone, especially if I do anything else with it, so I need to make sure it has a good charge before the round. Shot Scope seems to last 5-6 hours on a full charge. Neither would make it through 36 holes. I've heard reports that the Shot Scope watch battery drains when not in use, but I haven't seen that as an issue. 

Software (General): Arccos. Both have a phone app providing sufficient functionality. Both have an online dashboard that shows more information than the app. The key difference is that Arccos can do almost everything in the phone app, while Shot Scope bounces between phone app, desktop app, and online dashboard to manage things.

Ease of Use - Startup: Arccos. With Shot Scope, you need to prepare courses in advance, first selecting courses then transferring to the watch. The transfer process is easy if you use the desktop app and cord, but wireless transfers are slow. With Arccos, you need to download the course to your phone, but I've done this many times on the first tee with no issue. Similarly, Arccos uses your phone's GPS, so it picks up location very quickly, while the Shot Scope watch sometimes takes a couple tries or a few minutes to figure out where you are (the last time I used it, it missed the entire first hole).

Ease of Use - Finishing the Round: Shot Scope. If you want accurate approach and short game stats with Arccos, you need to edit your round and place the hole location on each green (or do it from your phone mid-round), otherwise it just assumes center of the green. Shot Scope lets you do this on the course with the watch's PinCollect functionality, just pushing a button to mark the hole and the number of times you hit the putter.

Accuracy: Toss-up.  Other accuracy data: Both seem to miss a similar number of shots. Both have picked up on movement that is not a swing (e.g. knocking sand off of my shoes after a bunker shot tagged a swing outside of the bunker). Neither have done all that well adjusting to knockdowns, punch shots, etc. Shot Scope asks you how many putts you have on each hole, while Arccos requires that you set up to every putt to track them (even then it misses some short ones), or just add the tap-ins later. 

Statistics: Arccos (again, I have not used the new Arccos Caddie 2.0 features, so they may have even more to offer now). Most of the stats are comparable -- they both track actual distances and perform some analysis to give you true expected distances for the clubs; they both track proximity (as noted above, Shot Scope is more automated, Arccos is a bit of work); they both drill down into stats for specific clubs. Both have a good amount of statistics in the app, and both have better statistics on their web dashboard. The thing that gives Arccos the leg up is that they compare to other golfers (I assume) to assign handicaps, not just overall but also per category (and per round), which is useful information for game improvement (I haven't found similar Shot Scope functions). For example, it says I'm a 1.5 (actual index 2.8), but also shows that my approach shots are about scratch, while my sand skills are more in line with a 14. For round-by-round, in one round it says I hit approaches like a +4 but putted like a 30 handicap; in another, I drove it like a 13 but chipping and putting were close to scratch (both scores ending up roughly the same). It's not actionable data, just good to know.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

23 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

I put together a similar comparison back in 2018, but it looks like those threads were archived or taken down.

I was looking for an old thread I started last fall and it appears to be gone, too. I'm wondering if we don't end up losing some content when there are major updates or forum reorgs?

52 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I was looking for an old thread I started last fall and it appears to be gone, too. I'm wondering if we don't end up losing some content when there are major updates or forum reorgs?

I was thinking the same thing. I remember a reorg a while back and thought it included segmenting some things off into a (still accessible) archive section, but I'm not finding any reference to that. Admittedly, I was very negative in the Game Golf thread, so that could be a factor...although I didn't get any warning points for it 😅 so who knows. 

I threw a question into the Bugs and Site Issues section - we'll see what comes back. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Former Arccos user here, currently using SS V2. Loved Arccos on my iWatch but it started locking up mid round. Could not get Arccos to give me the time of day so I switched to SS V2, courtesy of PMookie. I have to be very careful and review all my drives as SS tends to use the wrong Tee yielding much longer drives than actual. I have a review routine that is now second nature to ensure I have the correct Tees. I do wish the “round stats” were available on the iPad after editing as only ytd stats are showing. I hate going to my pc to review the round. Hoping that will be added to V3 when it is available.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:51 AM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

I put together a similar comparison back in 2018, but it looks like those threads were archived or taken down. I think our opinions are very similar -- Arccos seemed to have easier setup and UI; Shot Scope has a leg up in post-round activity (e.g. no need to go back and place the holes), extra tags, and tag size; both offered similar stats with Arccos maybe being a bit better; I dislike both of the tracking systems (phone in pocket and big watch instead of my own watch), I never made it through 36 holes with either system, etc. I later tried Game Golf Pro, which did not work for me at all and I ultimately got them to refund it (thread also no longer exists?). I still have my Arccos sensors on the bench awaiting delivery of Link, hoping that gives a better experience. My actual preference would be a hybrid system where small tags integrate with my Garmin Fenix, but it looks like that's not on the roadmap (and I won't switch to an Apple Watch because I'm stubborn 😂) -- Garmin does offer sensors, but they only pair with certain watches, which excludes Fenix models . 

I have an old draft of my original review, included below, in which I tried to categorize into things that matter to me offering a "winner" in each category. Similar to what you said, I didn't declare an overall preference because I don't really have one -- Arccos looks better on paper within the categories I picked, but I actually felt better with Shot Scope because of the tag size, especially on the putter (good news: Arccos said they will include a smaller putter sensor with my Link shipment!). I saw a thread advertising Shot Scope v3 with a much smaller, sleeker watch, but don't see that on their website at all - maybe that will eventually be the best product?

I'm a little late to this thread, but I've used both, so hopefully I can help. I used Arccos 360 for about a year, then switched over to Shot Scope v2 for the last couple months. They have had similar results, but there are definite pros/cons to each. It really comes down to personal preference -- right now, I prefer Shot Scope (mostly because of the tags), but I am considering giving Game Golf Pro a shot when it finally comes out in September (I switched to Shot Scope because of product delays with Game Golf, and there's no way I'm tapping before every shot like the old Game Golf requires). I'll separate them into a few categories that are important to me, giving a winner to each category:

***Important note: I made the switch without trying Arccos Caddie 2.0, so I don't what kind of improvements came with that. 

Tracking Hardware: Toss-up. Arccos 360 requires a phone or similar device in your pocket; Shot Scope requires you wear their bulky (and ugly) watch. I'm not a fan of the phone in the pocket, especially the larger ones (I currently have a Pixel XL); as far as the watch goes, I normally wear my Garmin Fenix while playing, so the Shot Scope feel is fine with me, but I'd prefer to wear my normal watch (activity tracking, etc.). I've heard that Arccos is going to get rid of the phone-in-pocket requirement in the near future, but don't know when or how that is happening. 

Tags: Shot Scope. This is the biggest deal for me. The Arccos tags are too big - they are noticeable as you grip the club (especially the putter tag, which is HUGE), and they add a counterweight to the club. Shot Scope's feel cheaper, but they are lower profile and lighter, so they don't get in the way as much as Arccos. If you want to track a different club, you need to reprogram your Arccos tag, while Shot Scope gives you a handful of extras.

Battery: Toss-up. Arccos drains my phone, especially if I do anything else with it, so I need to make sure it has a good charge before the round. Shot Scope seems to last 5-6 hours on a full charge. Neither would make it through 36 holes. I've heard reports that the Shot Scope watch battery drains when not in use, but I haven't seen that as an issue. 

Software (General): Arccos. Both have a phone app providing sufficient functionality. Both have an online dashboard that shows more information than the app. The key difference is that Arccos can do almost everything in the phone app, while Shot Scope bounces between phone app, desktop app, and online dashboard to manage things.

Ease of Use - Startup: Arccos. With Shot Scope, you need to prepare courses in advance, first selecting courses then transferring to the watch. The transfer process is easy if you use the desktop app and cord, but wireless transfers are slow. With Arccos, you need to download the course to your phone, but I've done this many times on the first tee with no issue. Similarly, Arccos uses your phone's GPS, so it picks up location very quickly, while the Shot Scope watch sometimes takes a couple tries or a few minutes to figure out where you are (the last time I used it, it missed the entire first hole).

Ease of Use - Finishing the Round: Shot Scope. If you want accurate approach and short game stats with Arccos, you need to edit your round and place the hole location on each green (or do it from your phone mid-round), otherwise it just assumes center of the green. Shot Scope lets you do this on the course with the watch's PinCollect functionality, just pushing a button to mark the hole and the number of times you hit the putter.

Accuracy: Toss-up.  Other accuracy data: Both seem to miss a similar number of shots. Both have picked up on movement that is not a swing (e.g. knocking sand off of my shoes after a bunker shot tagged a swing outside of the bunker). Neither have done all that well adjusting to knockdowns, punch shots, etc. Shot Scope asks you how many putts you have on each hole, while Arccos requires that you set up to every putt to track them (even then it misses some short ones), or just add the tap-ins later. 

Statistics: Arccos (again, I have not used the new Arccos Caddie 2.0 features, so they may have even more to offer now). Most of the stats are comparable -- they both track actual distances and perform some analysis to give you true expected distances for the clubs; they both track proximity (as noted above, Shot Scope is more automated, Arccos is a bit of work); they both drill down into stats for specific clubs. Both have a good amount of statistics in the app, and both have better statistics on their web dashboard. The thing that gives Arccos the leg up is that they compare to other golfers (I assume) to assign handicaps, not just overall but also per category (and per round), which is useful information for game improvement (I haven't found similar Shot Scope functions). For example, it says I'm a 1.5 (actual index 2.8), but also shows that my approach shots are about scratch, while my sand skills are more in line with a 14. For round-by-round, in one round it says I hit approaches like a +4 but putted like a 30 handicap; in another, I drove it like a 13 but chipping and putting were close to scratch (both scores ending up roughly the same). It's not actionable data, just good to know.

V3 design is smaller and sleeker with better battery life and a color screen. Also some redesign on how the info is displayed. The band is more like an smart watch than the clunky rubber band on it currently. 

On 6/10/2020 at 10:54 AM, fozcycle said:

Former Arccos user here, currently using SS V2. Loved Arccos on my iWatch but it started locking up mid round. Could not get Arccos to give me the time of day so I switched to SS V2, courtesy of PMookie. I have to be very careful and review all my drives as SS tends to use the wrong Tee yielding much longer drives than actual. I have a review routine that is now second nature to ensure I have the correct Tees. I do wish the “round stats” were available on the iPad after editing as only ytd stats are showing. I hate going to my pc to review the round. Hoping that will be added to V3 when it is available.

Apparently the new V3 will only sync with phones now. No longer need/ability to sync with PC to upload rounds, courses, etc. As of writing, my V3 is sitting in the package locker of my apartment complex so will be picking up later today and possible testing on course later!

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

Has anyone tried golfpad TAGS? are they any better than Arccos? I currently use The Grint for scoring my round but the shot tracking feature on it requires input on the phone and is a little off.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

• 2 months later...

I noticed a couple weeks ago that my Arccos putter sensor had stopped registering. I contacted Arccos yesterday to ask if there was any troubleshooting I could try or if I needed to buy a new sensor. They responded immediately asking for my address to send a warranty replacement. Since I've had the system for over a year now, I was fully expecting to have to buy a new one (I have no idea how long the warranty actually is). A replacement is only $15, but I'm thrilled that Arccos is replacing it for free. Good on them!