MaxEntropy

Arccos versus Shotscope V2

Our Sponsors

On 3/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, mey123 said:

Hmm. this is directly from their site:

All Smart Sensor purchases include a 1-year subscription valued at US$99.99 starting from the date the sensors are activated. After 1-year you will be auto-billed US$99.99 per year. 

Also from Arccos website regarding Gen 1 and 2 sensors:

'We are committed to our loyal customers. Any existing user or new user who activates an Arccos Caddie account with the 1st or 2nd Generation version of Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors will not be charged a subscription. We will also continue to offer replacement sensors to users of the 2nd version for the life of the product.'

1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png M5 9 deg [Project X Evenflow Black 65g] // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png SIM Max 3w 15 deg [Fujikura Ventus Blue 5-R] // 1818715690_mizunologo.png.362d1f007e2345c895a2a095ac1d19d1.png JPX 919 5i-PW // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png ATV Grind Wedges 52-60 [KBS Tour Steel] // 1455271488_Odysseylogo.jpg.b9b3d31d23a9b217779870779776c15d.jpg Stroke Lab 7 // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png TP5 // 1818715690_mizunologo.png.362d1f007e2345c895a2a095ac1d19d1.png BRD-4 [Cart-Red-Gray] // adidas_logo_21.png.8b407cf238a5268554c70f59912c11a7.png CodeChaos [White-Red]

1448174426_SuperSpeedLogo2.png.17b2bb92c3fb344ab94e0e85f7419d12.png SuperSpeed 2020 Testing Group

Initial Driver Swing Speed: 95 mph

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 8:02 AM, fozcycle said:

I’m trying out PMookie’s old V2 SS.......if I could only remember to record my putts at the pin location...LOL. So far, I’ve used it six times ,but only completed the editing and signed off on three rounds. Getting used to it. I liked the Arccos stats but hated that it would not work well with Series 3 iWatch. Right now I can only get one round on a fully charged SS. Anybody else get more?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Same for me - I suppose I could get 27 holes but I doubt I could get 36.  At this stage though I prefer the Shot Scope stats to the ARCCOS ones.  I find ARCCOS much easier to use - I don't mind the phone in the pocket at all.  I'm torn as to which I will use permanently.

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Shot scope v3 out end of May. All the feedback we gave was taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

I use arccos and I really like the app and stats i get. I use a galaxy watch and really love the watch app aswell. I find that the arccos distance is almost always +-2yards of my rangefinder.

Since I like many others had battery problems I did end up buying a battery pack for my galaxy s10, sort of a thick mobile case with a usb-c connection that is plugged in the phone at the bottom. It does wear out quite quickly but I do get a full round in on it, however I just put it on and let it charge the phone to 100% and keep it there I might be getting a bit more out of it if I turn it on and then off when the phone is fully charged. With the case, a fully charged phone and a separate powerbank to charge the case when it runs out I guess I could go golfing non stop the entire day lol.

• Like 1

Today made up my mind - I’m pulling the ARCOSS probes and putting the shot scope one back in. It’s the 3rd time that ARCOSS stoped in me mid round - that and bothering playing partners mid round trying to get pin positions accurate is too much of an imposition on a round.

Shotscope takes post round time but in many ways I think that helps.

I do like the game part handicap breakdowns but it’s not worth it. I’m back on the shotscope train.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

15 minutes ago, revkev said:

Today made up my mind - I’m pulling the ARCOSS probes and putting the shot scope one back in. It’s the 3rd time that ARCOSS stoped in me mid round - that and bothering playing partners mid round trying to get pin positions accurate is too much of an imposition on a round.

When I played yesterday, the app froze on me a couple times, but I chalked it up to the fact that I was using an old phone with no sim card since it kills the battery on my Samsung so badly. Maybe there is something else going on? Every time it froze, it eventually worked without me having to try to start over, but I didn't really want to hit a ball while it was frozen since I assumed it would not detect the shot.

I honestly think you can't go wrong with either, but I do like the Arccos data presentation a little better.

• Like 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

I had reliability issues with both Shot Scope and Arccos, I assume because I play mostly morning golf where available light is often an issue. Maybe I could have eventually found a routine whereby I got the shot recorded before moving on, but I felt I was concentrating way too much on that vs golf. Anything that takes my focus off my mediocre game is a problem for me 🙂

:callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 10.5 w/ Motore X F3 65R shaft

:callaway-small:XR 5 Wood Fairway w/stock Project X Stiff shaft

:tour-edge: EXS220 3 & 4 Hybrid w/KBS TGI Tour Graphite Reg shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54 & 58 deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Ice Sabertooth putter

SS V3 shipment delayed to mid June.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 9* w/ Aldila Rogue MAX 65 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black S 80
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // ShotScope V1 // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

SS V3 shipment delayed to mid June.

I got the same email. Understandable due to the circumstances...I'm still dying to try the new one when it comes.

• Like 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

The new Shot Scope looks really nice, looks like they've ironed out the creases from the last version and made the product even better 😁😎

• Like 2

CobraConnectChallenge3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :rife-putters-1: - LH - Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :srixon-small: Zstar

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

Posted (edited)

I have the Arcos system and it skips many shots. We are supposed to put the phone in our pocket but I have it on my belt , but I cut out a piece where the mic is! The problem is too often I put the phone back in the case with the mic on the wrong side!  Which reminds me , I'll have to run diagnostics on them before the season starts next week!

But in Arcos favor is they they know my game missed shots and email me without me asking to offer possible solutions! So the support is good!

Pete  

Edited by peterg2000
  • Like 1

In my      :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:

Driver:    :ping-small: G30 SFT, set to 9.5*, graphite stiff-flex,  Tour S 65 

3W:          Taylormade Jetspeed Stiff Flex

2H:           Taylormade JetspeedRegular Flex

3H:           Taylormade RBZ

Irons:        Tatlormade RBZ steel stiff flex

Wedges:  :ping-small: GMax, Yellow Dot, CVS 70 graphite, PW, UW & SW, Ping Glide Dyla-Wedge (white color code)

Putter:     Odessey 

Ball:       Titlest ProV1x

Shoes:   :footjoy-small:  DNA

i've been using Arccos for some time now, and it has pluses and minuses.  Nothing is perfect I guess.

I don't love the phone in the pocket and my fiance absolutely hates it - can't wait for the link to ship.

The customer service is fantastic - every question I've ever had, or issue with a sensor, has been resolved quickly and without cost or question.

I think they will continue to improve and evolve as technology gets more sophisticated.   Overall, I'm a fan....

• Like 1

Handicap 12

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

3-Wood: TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

Hybrids:  TaylorMade GAPR Mid, GAPR Hi

Irons:    TaylorMade P-790 5-PW, Oban Shafts, R+ Flex

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 56 Full Grind, Oban shafts, Cleveland RTX 60, Mid Grind, Oban Shaft

Putter:  Odyssey DF-550

Shotscope takes post round time but in many ways I think that helps.

I do like the game part handicap breakdowns but it’s not worth it. I’m back on the shotscope train.

Rev, that’s th3 reason I dropped Arccos......because it kept locking up mid round.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 1

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Yeah but now ARCOSS is coming out with that new shots gained feature - 🙂

Perhaps I will put the probes back in and not worry so much about getting the pin placement accurate.  I may loose a round here or there because it locks but over time the loss of that data won't matter much.  And I have a USGA handicap so the ARCOSS one doesn't mean much beyond giving me the breakdown as to how its assembled - I've clearly learned that the closer I get to the green the better I am relative to other golfers and that my approach game stinks - I sensed that before but the data on either program, makes it clear.  Maybe its time to look into a set of D7's.

• Like 6

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

I've liked Arccos for the two rounds I've used it.  I usually have my phone in my pocket anyway so that was not an issue.  And I like using it as a quick GPS check in combination with my laser.  I'm looking forward to getting some more rounds in and seeing if my weaknesses are what I suspect they are, but now I have an easy way to track it and set some goals.

• Like 1

Under Construction per Official #MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT business:

:cobra-small: Follow Along here until the build is complete!

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

So yesterday I had a fully charged Shotscope watch die on the 13th hole, just 3 1/2 hours. I am now unsure of the Shotscope.....maybe I’ll just go back to my rangefinder and keeping manual stats.....nah, I’ll stick it out.

• Like 3

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

21 hours ago, fozcycle said:

So yesterday I had a fully charged Shotscope watch die on the 13th hole, just 3 1/2 hours. I am now unsure of the Shotscope.....maybe I’ll just go back to my rangefinder and keeping manual stats.....nah, I’ll stick it out.

I'm thinking that the battery is running out of juice because you use it a lot more than, say, I do at once a week. I played a 5 hour round on Saturday and still had about 32% charge left on it.

• Like 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

I had arccos and it was alright. I wanted more of just play and it will track kind of thing, but I seemed to have to edit a lot. It doesn't handle penalty strokes well. I play the same course for almost all my rounds and I wanted to see where my shots tended to go on each hole, but was unable to find that information. I used it for 27 rounds and then sold it. It didn't show me anything I didn't know about my game already.

I’ve gone back to ARCCOS because of the upcoming Shots Gained feature. :)

BTW for those who game it how close is your ARCCOS handicap index to your real one?

Mine is off by about a stroke. It think it’s because ARCCOS is calculating my handicap from a full set of tees rather than the blended one that I’m often playing.

• Like 2

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

On 5/21/2020 at 1:54 AM, fozcycle said:

My Shot Scope started doing strange things like that and then it just died. It completely refuses to charge so I have a set of sensors but no watch.

I do have to say that I would happily try the new watch, it may solve the issue I had in the end with it causing pain in my hand because it was pressing on a pressure point in my tiny wrist ☺️ 

CobraConnectChallenge3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :rife-putters-1: - LH - Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :srixon-small: Zstar

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3