LoganT

Your ball?

Our Sponsors

Can't beat the value of the Q-Star Tour. Of course the Z-Star (when it's warm enough), ProV1, and bridgestone B are great.

Take Dead Aim

Chrome soft. Truvis Black and Yellow. I keep trying others, but keep coming back. 

Played the TP5 for the last 2 years, looking forward to giving the new Tour B RXS some serious testing. Following the Tour B test on here.

Srixon XV all day long! 

best premium ball in the wind, spin on the green is one of the highest, off the tee one of the longest! 

after testing every premium Ball, i love the XV. 

I'm not a member of anybody's advisory staff,

nobody gives me balls for free, much less pays me to play them,

and no poster on this forum, I would guess,

could care less what ball I play.   (At least I would hope not!)

And yet, there is something I could mention on this subject because based on most other posts that I've read here,

it's an off the beaten path approach.

Once I get used to a golf ball, I pretty much don't even try anything else until the ball with which I've landed goes out of production.

Only then do I go into experimental mode to find another one.

Among the posters on this forum, am I unique in that regard?

• Like 3

I've been using Wilson Staff DX2 (UK/EU) Soft. I recently tried the Duo Optix red. They were okay, but I kept losing them mid flight. I got a closeout box of Duo Urethanes. Hopefully I'll get to test them out soon. I have a feeling I'll stick with Wilson Staff and try out their Duo soft+ or Duo pros.

• Like 1

I've been using Wilson Staff DX2 (UK/EU) Soft. I recently tried the Duo Optix red. They were okay, but I kept losing them mid flight. I got a closeout box of Duo Urethanes. Hopefully I'll get to test them out soon. I have a feeling I'll stick with Wilson Staff and try out their Duo soft+ or Duo pros.

I’ve been using the Duo Soft all winter on my launch monitor. Here is my take; I’ve cracked 3 of them but it is after about 500 plus hits on each of them. Currently working on cracking the fourth. The Duo Pro has been much more durable, generates about 2,000 more RPM on full wedge shots than the Duo and gives me 4 or 5 MPH more ball speed on my longer clubs. Both balls go about the same distance despite the ball speed difference. Both balls feel great off all clubs but I do prefer the feel of the Pro since it lets me know exactly where I hit the ball on the club face. My driver swing is around 95 and the fastest ball speeds are coming from the Srixon Z Star XV, then the ProV1x and lastly the Snell MTBX. With full bag gapping the Duo Pro gives me the best gaps. The firmer balls create bigger gaps for me from 9-6. Wedges the same distances and hybrids and driver the firmer balls are longer but not by much. I’ll be in Florida in a few weeks and after trying a bunch of balls I’m only taking the Duo Pros.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I’ve been using the Duo Soft all winter on my launch monitor. Here is my take; I’ve cracked 3 of them but it is after about 500 plus hits on each of them. Currently working on cracking the fourth. The Duo Pro has been much more durable, generates about 2,000 more RPM on full wedge shots than the Duo and gives me 4 or 5 MPH more ball speed on my longer clubs. Both balls go about the same distance despite the ball speed difference. Both balls feel great off all clubs but I do prefer the feel of the Pro since it lets me know exactly where I hit the ball on the club face. My driver swing is around 95 and the fastest ball speeds are coming from the Srixon Z Star XV, then the ProV1x and lastly the Snell MTBX. With full bag gapping the Duo Pro gives me the best gaps. The firmer balls create bigger gaps for me from 9-6. Wedges the same distances and hybrids and driver the firmer balls are longer but not by much. I’ll be in Florida in a few weeks and after trying a bunch of balls I’m only taking the Duo Pros.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks for this insight, Wedgie. In a couple weeks, I'll be out again, and my goal is to work on my wedges. I'll be looking forward to this.

Have fun in Florida. Enjoy the weather. 😉

there have been a number of ball tests recently - take a look through the official reviews and read those threads; some really good info on specific golf balls in there.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/58-official-forum-member-reviews/

• Like 1