Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Aneeging Golf Transformer Putters

km0000

• SPY VIP

Got some of them in my office I will shoot pics of them soon and post them.

The problem with these putters is this in my opinion.

- There are way too many options...go to their site and you will see what I mean. It will cause consumer confusion and result in many consumers losing interest in trying them out without a fitter.

- Great fitting tool...but can never be extremely popular because in order to buy one someone has to be personally fit. Similar to an Edel putter. He makes greats sticks but he will never be a household name when he has to spend a couple hours with someone in order for them to buy a putter.

- One of their main guys worked for Rife and has implemented a very similar face pattern and color palette...which I have heard was an issue for some true putter ho's.

- Shapes and finishes are not that appealing to the type golfer that is looking to be fit for a putter and in the market for this type putter.

#TruthDigest

too many options.......really? how about the drivers these days. look at all of the loft & shaft options for people looking for that perfect launch angle. you should get fit for drivers. likewise, people should get fit for their putter. it is the most used club in the bag.

the putters are easy to align, and roll the ball great. they deserve a try.

• SPY VIP

I have tried 3 of their models. Although I feel the 54 different face,body and flange options is not for a consumer it is for the fitter. Which is the point I was trying to make. These are a great fitting tool...but not a great product to bring to market. They will cause too much confusion in an already confusing market. And your example of the driver adjustability actually further drives home the point I was trying to make.

In polls they have found that many avoid buying adjustable drivers and even those that do almost never adjust them. This is because golfers like any other consumer just wants what works and not something they have to tinker with. These heads not only have too many options but they would also fluster the average consumer with all the different weights, faces, rubber cushions, etc. these come with.

#TruthDigest

I have tried 3 of their models. Although I feel the 54 different face,body and flange options is not for a consumer it is for the fitter. Which is the point I was trying to make. These are a great fitting tool...but not a great product to bring to market. They will cause too much confusion in an already confusing market. And your example of the driver adjustability actually further drives home the point I was trying to make.

In polls they have found that many avoid buying adjustable drivers and even those that do almost never adjust them. This is because golfers like any other consumer just wants what works and not something they have to tinker with. These heads not only have too many options but they would also fluster the average consumer with all the different weights, faces, rubber cushions, etc. these come with.

I got to disagree with the polls about the adjsutable drivers. Most of the people that I have seen down here adjust them several times in a round and that is contributing to the epidemic of slow play I actually saw a guy at the range the other day with a little card table set up with TWO weight kits and associated wrenches jacking with one of those white Taylor drivers and it was no Taylor Made demo day and he was no club fitter etc. I guess to each his own at least he was not on the course holding up play fiddling with that thing

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• SPY VIP

Yes there are those far and few between that tinker and then tinker again but in general the majority never adjust them after they make their purchase. Not saying there is no benefit to adjustability in golf clubs...there absolutely is. Although when there are 50+ options to choose from it causes consumer confusion. Many marketing polls have been taken in different industries and the optimal amount of options is actually 2 and 3 at the most.

And like i said I actually think everyone should be fit for a putter and these offer many great options...but the fact is most golfers won't get fit and even less will get fit in person by an Aneeging fitter. Which unfortunately makes putters like these less popular in the end.

#TruthDigest

I'm attracted to the idea. Considering that at my level 30% of my score can be putting, it makes sense to look for the ideal configuration to suit me. However, talking to sales people only gets me a sales speil that is too often directed in favor of another putter. I would like a way of finding a better way of testing than buying every putter under the sun. More so considering the cost of putters these days.

Fitters can help but if you don't have a fitter on your side, you're still up the creek.

Shambles

• 2 weeks later...

This putter is nothing new, Machine has had an adjustable for years. Thing is, theirs actually work.

Oh and if people are adjusting clubs mid round I hope people are calling them on the rules violations and not letting them post #'s to their handicap.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived