Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Arccos and Ping

golfertrb

For those of you have set up your sensors on the app, did you have to provide a credit card number? If so, does it show up in your online account?

You do have to provide a credit card but it does not show up online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

My sensors are supposed to arrive on Friday - I’m going to try and sneak in around after church Sunday so I’m hoping to see how these work out then.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So.......

If you initiate your Arccos Caddie app account through the PING stream and don't sign up for the annual subscription, your use of the app will end. To be clear all functionality of the app ends, not just the caddie (club recommendation) features.

if you open an Arccos account and select the "bought sensors" stream (rather than PING or Cobra) you will have the normal (free) Arccos Caddie app to use with your sensors. No credit card is required.

Edited by Jim418

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)

A question for ARCCOS veterans. My sensors came yesterday and I’ve installed them this morning. I’m playing tomorrow afternoon and have downloaded the course (plus several others that I play regularly.)

I’m a right handed golfer - I keep reading that my phone needs to be in my front pocket. Does it matter if it’s front right or front left?

Thanks

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

A question for ARCCOS veterans. My sensors came yesterday and I’ve installed them this morning. I’m playing tomorrow afternoon and have downloaded the course (plus several others that I play regularly.)

I’m a right handed golfer - I keep reading that my phone needs to be in my front pocket. Does it matter if it’s front right or front left?

Thanks

Front left pocket works best as it picks up the sound easier 

https://arccos.support.arccosgolf.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1720312-where-should-my-phone-be-while-i-m-playing-

Thanks JLukes - I have an IPhone but I'm going to assume its the same for that as a Droid?  It will be interesting to see how I adjust to that. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 3:59 PM, Jim418 said:

So.......

If you initiate your Arccos Caddie app account through the PING stream and don't sign up for the annual subscription, your use of the app will end. To be clear all functionality of the app ends, not just the caddie (club recommendation) features.

if you open an Arccos account and select the "bought sensors" stream (rather than PING or Cobra) you will have the normal (free) Arccos Caddie app to use with your sensors. No credit card is required.

Interesting.  Thinking back to the 2018 Cobra Connect Challenge, we all activated our Arccos accounts with the standalone sensors, so I guess we all have that type of account, even if we're still using our Cobras with the in-grip sensors.  

On 11/9/2019 at 4:30 PM, revkev said:

Thanks JLukes - I have an IPhone but I'm going to assume its the same for that as a Droid?  It will be interesting to see how I adjust to that. 

@revkev - Late reply here, but phone position is the same for both iPhone and Android.  I've used both.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I still have a set for sale if anyone wants. You shouldn't have to pay for the annual subscription with them.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• 1 month later...

Has anyone got to the point where Arccos has charged them (or notified them of) the annual app fee? I'm getting around the 90 day mark although I never actually used the sensor. Can't find anywhere on the app or the online dashboard indicating the "status" of the app subscription.

EDIT: Never mind. I forgot that they extended the trial to April 15.

Edited by Jim418

Jury remains out for me -

It would be nice to get my game sharp enough to really tell how much I like Arccos - I certainly have no issues with phone in the pocket or wearing a watch as with another tracking system

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I really think I’m just going to stick with Shot Scope just to avoid the $100 fee. I pay a fee for Golfshot each year as well, so I just don’t think Arccos is worth it with what I already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 1/3/2020 at 11:43 PM, revkev said:

Jury remains out for me -

It would be nice to get my game sharp enough to really tell how much I like Arccos - I certainly have no issues with phone in the pocket or wearing a watch as with another tracking system

I've found that Arccos is most valuable when you're a little off to show you where you're trending worse.  Especially when you have a perceived issue like putt count increasing, but then you see that it's really because your approach game is getting worse and you're leaving yourself longer putts.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 3 months later...

FYI, if you got Arccos sensors through PING your free trial ended yesterday and they likely billed you for the $99 annual subscription yesterday. Just noticed it on my card.

I contacted them at starter@arccosgolf.com and they promptly reversed it.

• 1 month later...

Finally was able to pair my g410s, along with my other clubs to Arccos and start my 90 day trial.

First round completed last weekend.
Impressions:

I have a dedicated iphone 5s.  It is used for Arccos and ONLY Arccos. It is 4 3/4" tall by 2 1/4" wide by 1/4" thick.
I kept it in my left front pocket the entire time and did not look at it once during the round. I want a device I don't have to fuss with and check to see if it picked up a shot or any of that nonsense. (I have the "caddie" installed so I can see looking at it on a more regular basis during the round but I need to build up stats right now. I use a LRF to get distances)
The phone is so small and lightweight it quickly became unnoticeable. 
The battery did very good. Did not run out or even come close.
I turned it off after the round and didn't look at it for a couple days.
The stats were pretty accurate. (I did not have my putter sensor tag on so I had to adjust the # of putts; new putter on Friday & it will be added there going fwd)
In looking at the round the only thing I had to adjust were penalty shots where I had a lost ball. 😞 but other than that it was pretty spot on.
So far so good and am looking forward to building up enough stats where caddie can be relatively accurate.  One thing I did notice is: if you hit a punch shot from under the trees (don't ask) then it records that as a normal shot.... so it has my 5i going 133 yards. Not sure if there is a way to adjust that, but probably.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Finally was able to pair my g410s, along with my other clubs to Arccos and start my 90 day trial.

First round completed last weekend.
Impressions:

I have a dedicated iphone 5s.  It is used for Arccos and ONLY Arccos. It is 4 3/4" tall by 2 1/4" wide by 1/4" thick.
I kept it in my left front pocket the entire time and did not look at it once during the round. I want a device I don't have to fuss with and check to see if it picked up a shot or any of that nonsense. (I have the "caddie" installed so I can see looking at it on a more regular basis during the round but I need to build up stats right now. I use a LRF to get distances)
The phone is so small and lightweight it quickly became unnoticeable. 
The battery did very good. Did not run out or even come close.
I turned it off after the round and didn't look at it for a couple days.
The stats were pretty accurate. (I did not have my putter sensor tag on so I had to adjust the # of putts; new putter on Friday & it will be added there going fwd)
In looking at the round the only thing I had to adjust were penalty shots where I had a lost ball. 😞 but other than that it was pretty spot on.
So far so good and am looking forward to building up enough stats where caddie can be relatively accurate.  One thing I did notice is: if you hit a punch shot from under the trees (don't ask) then it records that as a normal shot.... so it has my 5i going 133 yards. Not sure if there is a way to adjust that, but probably.

Gald to see the set up is working for you!  The first round I had with my 8 iron included some punch outs but as I get a few full shots in there two it has since updated.  I'm sure you'll see the same thing happen with a few more rounds.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8