golfertrb

Arccos and Ping

For those of you have set up your sensors on the app, did you have to provide a credit card number? If so, does it show up in your online account?

You do have to provide a credit card but it does not show up online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My sensors are supposed to arrive on Friday - I’m going to try and sneak in around after church Sunday so I’m hoping to see how these work out then.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

So.......

If you initiate your Arccos Caddie app account through the PING stream and don't sign up for the annual subscription, your use of the app will end. To be clear all functionality of the app ends, not just the caddie (club recommendation) features.

if you open an Arccos account and select the "bought sensors" stream (rather than PING or Cobra) you will have the normal (free) Arccos Caddie app to use with your sensors. No credit card is required.

Edited by Jim418
  • Like 2

A question for ARCCOS veterans. My sensors came yesterday and I’ve installed them this morning. I’m playing tomorrow afternoon and have downloaded the course (plus several others that I play regularly.)

I’m a right handed golfer - I keep reading that my phone needs to be in my front pocket. Does it matter if it’s front right or front left?

Thanks

1 hour ago, revkev said:

A question for ARCCOS veterans. My sensors came yesterday and I’ve installed them this morning. I’m playing tomorrow afternoon and have downloaded the course (plus several others that I play regularly.)

I’m a right handed golfer - I keep reading that my phone needs to be in my front pocket. Does it matter if it’s front right or front left?

Thanks

Front left pocket works best as it picks up the sound easier 

https://arccos.support.arccosgolf.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1720312-where-should-my-phone-be-while-i-m-playing-

• Like 2

Thanks JLukes - I have an IPhone but I'm going to assume its the same for that as a Droid?  It will be interesting to see how I adjust to that. 

On 11/6/2019 at 3:59 PM, Jim418 said:

So.......

If you initiate your Arccos Caddie app account through the PING stream and don't sign up for the annual subscription, your use of the app will end. To be clear all functionality of the app ends, not just the caddie (club recommendation) features.

if you open an Arccos account and select the "bought sensors" stream (rather than PING or Cobra) you will have the normal (free) Arccos Caddie app to use with your sensors. No credit card is required.

Interesting.  Thinking back to the 2018 Cobra Connect Challenge, we all activated our Arccos accounts with the standalone sensors, so I guess we all have that type of account, even if we're still using our Cobras with the in-grip sensors.  

On 11/9/2019 at 4:30 PM, revkev said:

Thanks JLukes - I have an IPhone but I'm going to assume its the same for that as a Droid?  It will be interesting to see how I adjust to that. 

@revkev - Late reply here, but phone position is the same for both iPhone and Android.  I've used both.

I still have a set for sale if anyone wants. You shouldn't have to pay for the annual subscription with them.

Posted (edited)

Has anyone got to the point where Arccos has charged them (or notified them of) the annual app fee? I'm getting around the 90 day mark although I never actually used the sensor. Can't find anywhere on the app or the online dashboard indicating the "status" of the app subscription.

EDIT: Never mind. I forgot that they extended the trial to April 15.

Edited by Jim418
  • Like 1

Jury remains out for me -

It would be nice to get my game sharp enough to really tell how much I like Arccos - I certainly have no issues with phone in the pocket or wearing a watch as with another tracking system

• Like 3

I really think I’m just going to stick with Shot Scope just to avoid the $100 fee. I pay a fee for Golfshot each year as well, so I just don’t think Arccos is worth it with what I already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:43 PM, revkev said:

Jury remains out for me -

It would be nice to get my game sharp enough to really tell how much I like Arccos - I certainly have no issues with phone in the pocket or wearing a watch as with another tracking system

I've found that Arccos is most valuable when you're a little off to show you where you're trending worse.  Especially when you have a perceived issue like putt count increasing, but then you see that it's really because your approach game is getting worse and you're leaving yourself longer putts.

• Like 2