Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Could We Possibly Review This?

Tristan777

• SPY VIP

Hi Tristan - thanks for posting this request. I always welcome you guys to send in requests on clubs you would like to see us review.

Things might change soon but as of now we have chosen not to review putters like we do the other clubs in our "Ultimate Golf Club Reviews" system. One of the main reasons is because with golf clubs we have developed a system that we feel the readers can come away from the review with enough information to make an informed decision. However with putters we are still throwing around ideas on how to properly review them. By their nature they are much more subjective then other golf clubs in the bag. And while putting robots and other fitting tools exist for putters they still have their issues.

Putting robots can only tell you but so much about a putter. Like off-center hits and consistency. The real problem lies within the fact that every golfer actually needs a different style putter that fits their stroke. For example hosel style, loft, length, lie, toe hang, etc. This is similar to drivers as well...although with drivers all this can be handled by a custom fit. Although with putters not all these variables can be changed with each and every design directly from the manufacturer.

So we might do a review for a Nike Unitized that only would fall into the category that fits 20% of the golfers reading the review. Where a driver if fit right could fit almost 100% of the golfers reading the review after being custom fit.

This does not mean that we will never do them...we are definitely still working on a method to properly review putters that we feel everyone can be happy with and that can benefit all our readers.

Hope this helps explain. And by all means if you have any suggestions feel free to add them here.

#TruthDigest

Recently ive been in need of a new putter. Could you guys review these 2 possibly?

Nike Unitized

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2

Thanks!

I don't have a SC Squareback, but I do have a Nike Unitized Tiempo and a Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2. In short, I absolutely love the feel of the Unitized, but the weight is much better balanced on the Scotty Cameron. You could probably find a Unitized for much cheaper than a Scotty though.

I don't have a SC Squareback, but I do have a Nike Unitized Tiempo and a Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2. In short, I absolutely love the feel of the Unitized, but the weight is much better balanced on the Scotty Cameron. You could probably find a Unitized for much cheaper than a Scotty though.

Alright thanks. If price/name brand didnt matter, which one would you game? I'll be getting it later in the year.

Rest is Rust

Alright thanks. If price/name brand didnt matter, which one would you game? I'll be getting it later in the year.

Probably the Scotty because of the weight, but if you like/don't mind lighter putters, get the Nike.

Archived