TESTERS WANTED! ×

CBD Oil for Joint Pain

SteddyGolf

Is anyone out there using CBD for Arthritis or any other pain management? If so, could you describe your experience as it relates to your quality of life and of course your golf game????

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I don't know what CBD is, but I recently started taking Aleve for my back pain, and it's helped relieve the constant nagging pain tremendously.  I used to be worried I'd put my back out playing golf, but with Aleve I don't feel any pain.  

Sorry I can't help with arthritis.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

My wife uses CBD Oil everyday. She had a grand total of 6 back surgeries quite a few years ago. The doctors prescribed ibuprofen for her and she hated taking pills all the time. She now puts a few drops of CBD oil under her tongue every morning and she says it helps with the constant nagging pain. If she tries to do too much she still gets the big pains but her normal everyday pains have subsided with it. She isn’t a golfer so I can’t relate to that side of it.
I have been having joint pain in my back, knees, and hips for the last 6 months or so. She keeps trying to get me to take the stuff since it helped her. Maybe I will be the guinea pig and try it then report back with the golf side.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Is this something that should be done under a doctor’s care?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I don’t believe so. My wife has never seen a doctor about it. I am under the impression that it is a natural remedy for pain.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Not personally, no. We use it with one of our dogs for anxiety though during thunderstorms and fireworks.

Its use is definitely on the rise with plenty of former NFL players, e.g. Rob Gronkowski and Calvin Johnson, becoming advocates.

Joe Rogan also advocates for its use and some people think Phil Mickelson was using it at the Masters this year for his rheumatoid arthritis.

I think it'd be worth trying to see if it makes a difference in your quality of life.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

It's a naturally occurring substance and is absent of any THC so there's no psychoactivity associated with its use, so there's no real danger in trying it.

That being said, despite its use being on the rise, I'd imagine some medical practitioners are still not likely to prescribe it to patients.

My Dad mentioned to our vet that we've been using it with one of our dogs and she basically said she couldn't talk to him about it as its not on their list of approved remedies for anxiety, but we've seen a significant improvement in his stress levels during heightened moments of anxiety for him.

Well this is the first time that my trainer hasn’t totally shut me down when I’ve asked about a supplement.

Of course she said to talk to my doctor first. I think I’m going to try this.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 10/7/2019 at 3:15 PM, FrogginBullfish said:

Not personally, no. We use it with one of our dogs for anxiety though during thunderstorms and fireworks.

Its use is definitely on the rise with plenty of former NFL players, e.g. Rob Gronkowski and Calvin Johnson, becoming advocates.

Joe Rogan also advocates for its use and some people think Phil Mickelson was using it at the Masters this year for his rheumatoid arthritis.

I think it'd be worth trying to see if it makes a difference in your quality of life.

It works great for my dog when he is having pain, I occasionally hunt him too hard and it helps him pretty quickly and he can't talk to me to say it helps. I just look at him stop limping out of pain.

I take Gabapentin daily(6 200mg capsules). It keeps the pain in my abdomen at Bay, since I had 4 inguinal hernia ops in the service. Been on it for about 5 years. On top of that, I have wrist, ankle and knee issues. I would like to ditch the Gabapentin for CBD, but I am a Vet and I heard that taking CBD will void my benefits.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I've not used it but trying to learn more about it as an option to Aleve - my current drug of choice for joint pains (elbow and shoulder).  Two concern I have taking CBD are; how do you know about quality/control of the source (not well regulated I hear), and second that my craving for Doritos and Cheetos will become uncontrollable 🙂.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

There's only trace amounts of THC, if there's any at all, in CBD oil, so you won't have to worry about the munchies.

I've not used it but trying to learn more about it as an option to Aleve - my current drug of choice for joint pains (elbow and shoulder).  Two concern I have taking CBD are; how do you know about quality/control of the source (not well regulated I hear), and second that my craving for Doritos and Cheetos will become uncontrollable .  

I have nagging back pain, and I do some yoga every morning to loosen up.  I also have some pain in my left hand.  I'm very interested in CBD as a treatment for both.  In an earlier No Putts Given podcast, it sounded like Adam and the boys were going to do a Most Wanted for CBD.  I'd love to see them put their stamp of approval on one product or another.  Just to feel better about it.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

2 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

There's only trace amounts of THC, if there's any at all, in CBD oil, so you won't have to worry about the munchies.

Well that's a bummer 😆.

LOL

Well that's a bummer .

On 10/7/2019 at 7:37 AM, SteddyGolf said:

Is anyone out there using CBD for Arthritis or any other pain management? If so, could you describe your experience as it relates to your quality of life and of course your golf game????

Thanks

I've been taking it for 2 years for lower back, shoulder, and neck pain. Specifically, I eat a 10mg gummy before bed. I get lower back pain from golf, surfing, and skateboarding my whole life. It doesn't do much for my lower back, but for my neck and shoulder it's wonderful.

It's a natural anti inflammatory and helps me for anything related to inflammation. I don't like to take Advil because it upsets my stomach. My FIL just had an endoscopy and has an ulcer and gastritis -- he's a long time Advil/ibuprofen user fwiw. Wish this stuff worked for headaches so I could be completely done with pain killers.

Edit: like @ole gray mentioned, this stuff puts me out and I sleep great -- another benefit!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I haven't done any research into it personally, but Joe Rogan's mentioned on his podcast a few times that daily use of ibuprofen can actually lead to more inflammation.

Fine for use every once in a while, but daily use over a long period of time can cause other issues.

I've been taking it for 2 years for lower back, shoulder, and neck pain. Specifically, I eat a 10mg gummy before bed. I get lower back pain from golf, surfing, and skateboarding my whole life. It doesn't do much for my lower back, but for my neck and shoulder it's wonderful.
It's a natural anti inflammatory and helps me for anything related to inflammation. I don't like to take Advil because it upsets my stomach. My FIL just had an endoscopy and has an ulcer and gastritis -- he's a long time Advil/ibuprofen user fwiw. Wish this stuff worked for headaches so I could be completely done with pain killers.

Edit: like [mention=67397]ole gray[/mention] mentioned, this stuff puts me out and I sleep great -- another benefit!

5 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Fine for use every once in a while, but daily use over a long period of time can cause other issues.

I think that can be said for any medication, unfortunately.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

On 10/7/2019 at 3:40 PM, Peterpc2828 said:

I have been using it now for about 6 months for tightness/ soreness in my lower right side of my back, I have tried numerous brands and have found a nasal spray that works almost instantly called Nasadol, apparently the oil takes time to be absorbed into your system and depending on dosage and mg strength results vary. The Nasadol nose spray gets absorbed very quickly through the nose and results are noticeable quickly and at a lower cost and mg dosage, I have been using the 400mg version and highly recommend. Here is the link to their website and FYI I have no affiliation with this company in case anyone is wondering just externally satisfied with the results of the product and for me it works, as well I can say my golf game has improved for the better, a much calmer focused round from me than pre CBD spray.

http://www.nasadol.com

Well, this company at least appears to be legit and on the level.  Good to see 3rd party testing.  Their arguments for using nasal mist vs. topical or oral make sense to me. Sounds like the FDA is moving towards formal review of this product for medical use.  I didn't know that the latest Farm Bill lifted some restrictions on growing hemp.  Maybe we'll switch crops 😆.

http://rheumnow.com/content/fda-public-review-cbd-oil

https://agr.mt.gov/Industrial-Hemp

9 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I haven't done any research into it personally, but Joe Rogan's mentioned on his podcast a few times that daily use of ibuprofen can actually lead to more inflammation.

Great..... I take between 6 and 12 ibuprofins a day. I need to try something else!

Hey Vets, if you use the VA for medical issues and you take CBD, it will show up in your bloodwork and you could lose your VA Benefits.......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

4 hours ago, silver & black said:

Great..... I take between 6 and 12 ibuprofins a day. I need to try something else!

Yeah dude, get off that stuff!!!!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

23 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I take Gabapentin daily(6 200mg capsules). It keeps the pain in my abdomen at Bay, since I had 4 inguinal hernia ops in the service. Been on it for about 5 years. On top of that, I have wrist, ankle and knee issues. I would like to ditch the Gabapentin for CBD, but I am a Vet and I heard that taking CBD will void my benefits.

Well if that's the case Foz about 60 thousand vets in Georgia will be losing benefits along with myself.  😉

Here's where the majority of the guys I talk to at the VA center in Athens purchase their's from: 

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/assistance-programs   

It has a great VA discount however you have to submit your DD214 for proof of being a vet or a valid driver's license with the vet stamp.   Our VA center is actually run by the State of Georgia which has legalized CBD oil .  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Well if that's the case Foz about 60 thousand vets in Georgia will be losing benefits along with myself.  

Here's where the majority of the guys I talk to at the VA center in Athens purchase their's from: 

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/assistance-programs   

It has a great VA discount however you have to submit your DD214 for proof of being a vet or a valid driver's license with the vet stamp.   Our VA center is actually run by the State of Georgia which has legalized CBD oil .  

Thanks for the info, I got that tidbit from watching our local NBC news affiliate.

Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Tommy Armour Impact #3 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

1 minute ago, fozcycle said:

Thanks for the info, I got that tidbit from watching our local NBC news affiliate.

Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Tommy Armour Impact #3 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Fake news ...lol   

Cleveland

Foz you know what ebenefits are right?   It's actually tied into the official veterans benefit site.   I actually sent an email into the pharmacy/lab section requesting CBD oil so those folks probably already know I use it. 😎 I was hoping the VA would pay for it and the person I talked to said as of now, no benefit for CBD oil. 

Cleveland

19 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Makes sense. CBD Oil in its many forms has to be easier on the liver than daily ibuprofen. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/