TESTERS WANTED! ×

CBD Oil for Joint Pain

SteddyGolf

If I remember correctly Joe had a doctor in sports medicine on an episode who first made him aware of it. I haven't actually listened to that episode though.

But he has mentioned on multiple other episodes that I've listened to an anecdote about a friend who was suffering from, I believe it was chronic knee pain, who was a daily ibuprofen user who no longer was in pain when he stopped using ibuprofen as it was actually the cause of his inflammation at that point.

Makes sense. CBD Oil in its many forms has to be easier on the liver than daily ibuprofen. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Here’s another notice:

At present most products containing tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), or other cannabinoids are not approved for this purpose by the FDA. VA clinicians may not complete paperwork/forms required for Veteran patients to participate in state-approved marijuana programs.Mar 4, 2019
Veterans Affairs (.gov) › publichealth › ...

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

If I remember correctly Joe had a doctor in sports medicine on an episode who first made him aware of it. I haven't actually listened to that episode though.

But he has mentioned on multiple other episodes that I've listened to an anecdote about a friend who was suffering from, I believe it was chronic knee pain, who was a daily ibuprofen user who no longer was in pain when he stopped using ibuprofen as it was actually the cause of his inflammation at that point.

This the doctor you are talking about.

Foz, most CBD has no THC in it so it will not show up on a urine test. The FDA will not be ones to approve it because it isn't something that the big pharmaceutical companies do and they spend tons of money lobbying to keep it from being approved even though it has been proven to work.

I have been able to find some good information on here of all places in recent months. I’d like to start using but I’m apprehensive. It’s hard to know the efficacy when there is no universal standard for testing and qualifying.

I’ll check out that Joe Rogan episode posted above.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Here’s a reliable company that sells high quality CBD that is all 3rd party tested for quality and amount of CBD. Coupon code was just emailed to me for 20% off only till midnight tonight, I have tried some of the oils and can attest they work and are quality.

https://nanocraftcbd.com/?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJwZXRlY2lhbWJyb25lQGdtYWlsLmNvbSIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIks0Y0VmQSJ9

Use coupon code “1year”

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

22 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Thanks for the info, I got that tidbit from watching our local NBC news affiliate.

Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Tommy Armour Impact #3 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Foz you gotta watch those NBC news affiliates.   😉

https://trendingpolitics.com/abc-airs-footage-of-syrian-war-zone-turns-out-to-be-kentucky-gun-demonstration-from-217/?fbclid=IwAR3sDzKBgAuwrRatOkflddDBErsG3e3toTwdSKGu-TOd2WiXOhH6Ncth_SA#.XaTwC1GbPdc.facebook

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Not sure how this will affect drug tests. Our office has been warned not to take it. For us, one failed drug test means being fired. Not worth the chance to me.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call

On 10/13/2019 at 4:32 PM, bens197 said:

I have been able to find some good information on here of all places in recent months. I’d like to start using but I’m apprehensive. It’s hard to know the efficacy when there is no universal standard for testing and qualifying.

I’ll check out that Joe Rogan episode posted above.

This is who I've been buying my stuff from for the last 2 years: https://www.cbdwellnesshawaii.com/lab-tests

They could very well be in the pockets of the lab they used to test, but I'm no less-confident in what's in the CBD I consume than I am the off-brand Tylenol I take on occasion for headaches. At the end of the day it's someone telling me vs. me actually having the capacity to test it myself and know for sure.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 10/14/2019 at 6:59 PM, gregh729 said:

Not sure how this will affect drug tests. Our office has been warned not to take it. For us, one failed drug test means being fired. Not worth the chance to me.

In my line of work it wouldn’t even be a discussion, I’d be gone. 

I hope / believe that as this science evolves, there will be testing that provides better data for how recently THC was consumed if users chose to just smoke or use an alternative that hasn’t been extracted.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

50 minutes ago, bens197 said:

In my line of work it wouldn’t even be a discussion, I’d be gone. 

I hope / believe that as this science evolves, there will be testing that provides better data for how recently THC was consumed if users chose to just smoke or use an alternative that hasn’t been extracted.  

Your union is a lot stricter than mine. Nothing would happen to me. Hell with all the concerts I go to I would probably test positive most months.

Your union is a lot stricter than mine. Nothing would happen to me. Hell with all the concerts I go to I would probably test positive most months.

Haha...I felt the same way after my first Tom Petty show.

As far as the rule goes I get it. I don’t like it but I respect it.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Matt Every just got suspended 12 weeks by the PGA Tour for testing positive for medically prescribed marijuana.

Just noticed this thread.  As Rev and several others on here know, I have significant lower back issues, failed back surgery and sciatica.  I started using CBD over a year ago and am a big fan of it.  And, through my recommendations and others, about half of our golf group is now using for various ailments.  

I take a 50mg pill once a day and also use an "equine strength" balm, putting a small dab on the L5/S1 area of my lower back.  It helps greatly.  I also used to take 6 to 12 ibuprofens a day like Silver and Black.  I haven't taken any (except once for a headache) in over a year.  It's not a pain reliever per se (you wouldn't notice much of anything after taking it for a particular pain).  Rather, it has an effect over time and really takes the edge off.  Plus, although this is not a benefit usually attributed to CBD, but my blood pressure has gone down, permanently it seems, about 15 points on the top number and 10 on the bottom.

I usually use SunMed, they claim to do independent testing as well, but there are other highly rated manufacturers out there as well.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I'm gonna try some of this out for my lower back full of all sorts of problems.  I would love to be able to swing without pain for once.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

• 3 weeks later...

didn't do a thing for my joint pains (arthritis)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

didn't do a thing for my joint pains (arthritis)

What was the mg ? Mine is 1200

Cleveland

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

What was the mg ? Mine is 1200

I don't recall, but I think it was fairly low (and expensive for what it was).  I used a tincture that was placed under the tongue.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I don't recall, but I think it was fairly low (and expensive for what it was).  I used a tincture that was placed under the tongue.

yea mind was $112.00 and that was with a veterans discount

Cleveland

FYI, as an alternative (ha ha see what I did there? CBD is an "alternative" remedy...) for those who cannot or do not want to try CBD, look for a creme with MSM + Glucosamine + Chondroitin. These, of course, also come as pill supplements but the topical allows you to apply it directly to the back, hip, knee, etc.

There are different brands out there but note this supplement combo is very different than the OTC "joint pain relievers" on the drug store shelves.

(I've had good luck with Natrol that I found at vitacost.com; YMMV of course!)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I buy CBD sports cream at GNC for around $45. I just bought my second bottle - I got the first one before Christmas and my wife uses it some too.

It’s really not that expensive when you consider that. I didn’t start using it until my doctor told me that it was okay. I won’t do anything like this without consulting my trainer and doctor first. This was the only time they both said, go, and do the topical not the oral.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMG_1839.JPG

Here you go

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 10:37 AM, SteddyGolf said:

Is anyone out there using CBD for Arthritis or any other pain management? If so, could you describe your experience as it relates to your quality of life and of course your golf game????

Thanks

I had a bad motorcycle crash two year ago and was on alot of pain killers for 2 years because of CBD I'm almost completely off meds. Usually around 9 holes my knee would completely seize up. I can easily play 18 now. I had my knee completely rebuilt with cadaver tissue. I take 100mg before and 100mg at the turn and I feel really good. My inflammation is at least half. Not sure how expensive it is for you but here it's pretty expensive. I can almost buy pain killers for less, but I like being off opioids. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

I've used it for a bit last year before my back surgery it did alleviate the pain, but id did not take it away completely. I used it during the last week before the surgery when I had to stop taking most of my pain medications. Since I played no golf on those days I cannot attest if it would have helped with it at all. But if I would to start getting back or other pains again, I most definitely would try it before going to the pills. I had no side effects nor issues with it.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered some. I have some tennis elbow going on at the moment. Pain is manageable, but want to see if the CBD cream helps.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 4 weeks later...

CBD products are my best discovery yet!  They've changed my health and my family’s health in a number of ways including: no longer needing ADHD meds for my son, no more pain medications due to inflammation and arthritic pain issues for my mum and we all sleep better then we ever have! We use CBD oil roll on, cream for pain and cbd bath bombs too. You can get them here: https://getcbdinfusion.com/ - I don't understand how anyone can be against CBD products when it's dramatically improving people's lives including ours. We can’t imagine going back to life without it.

• 2 weeks later...

I’d love to try it for my back and hip pain, but working for a governmental agency I get random tested often and until I’m sure that it won’t cause a false positive it’s not worth it to me.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

It’s not CBD, but Voltaren Gel, now available OTC, is a real medication as it has diclofenac in it, an anti-inflammatory similar to the better known ibuprofen. I sold it years back, and it was the most widely used, and suggested, topical by Orthos... Most creams are just irritants, they aggravate the skin and don’t do anything else. Voltaren has a “driver” in it so it actually gets the anti-inflammatory into the joint to reduce swelling. It’s indicated for elbows, wrists and hands, as well as knees, ankles and feet. Again, it’s a former prescription med, so not CBD, but is what I’ve always used on my knees and feet for the last 12 years.

38AE1FFA-FCDB-4EAA-94A4-5ACF0260C989.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX