SteddyGolf

CBD Oil for Joint Pain

50 minutes ago, bens197 said:

In my line of work it wouldn’t even be a discussion, I’d be gone. 

I hope / believe that as this science evolves, there will be testing that provides better data for how recently THC was consumed if users chose to just smoke or use an alternative that hasn’t been extracted.  

Your union is a lot stricter than mine. Nothing would happen to me. Hell with all the concerts I go to I would probably test positive most months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Your union is a lot stricter than mine. Nothing would happen to me. Hell with all the concerts I go to I would probably test positive most months.

Haha...I felt the same way after my first Tom Petty show.

As far as the rule goes I get it. I don’t like it but I respect it.
  • Like 1

Just noticed this thread.  As Rev and several others on here know, I have significant lower back issues, failed back surgery and sciatica.  I started using CBD over a year ago and am a big fan of it.  And, through my recommendations and others, about half of our golf group is now using for various ailments.  

I take a 50mg pill once a day and also use an "equine strength" balm, putting a small dab on the L5/S1 area of my lower back.  It helps greatly.  I also used to take 6 to 12 ibuprofens a day like Silver and Black.  I haven't taken any (except once for a headache) in over a year.  It's not a pain reliever per se (you wouldn't notice much of anything after taking it for a particular pain).  Rather, it has an effect over time and really takes the edge off.  Plus, although this is not a benefit usually attributed to CBD, but my blood pressure has gone down, permanently it seems, about 15 points on the top number and 10 on the bottom.

I usually use SunMed, they claim to do independent testing as well, but there are other highly rated manufacturers out there as well.

• Like 4

I'm gonna try some of this out for my lower back full of all sorts of problems.  I would love to be able to swing without pain for once.  

• Like 3

didn't do a thing for my joint pains (arthritis)

• Sad 1

didn't do a thing for my joint pains (arthritis)

What was the mg ? Mine is 1200

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

What was the mg ? Mine is 1200

I don't recall, but I think it was fairly low (and expensive for what it was).  I used a tincture that was placed under the tongue.

• Like 1

I don't recall, but I think it was fairly low (and expensive for what it was).  I used a tincture that was placed under the tongue.

yea mind was $112.00 and that was with a veterans discount

FYI, as an alternative (ha ha see what I did there? CBD is an "alternative" remedy...) for those who cannot or do not want to try CBD, look for a creme with MSM + Glucosamine + Chondroitin. These, of course, also come as pill supplements but the topical allows you to apply it directly to the back, hip, knee, etc.

There are different brands out there but note this supplement combo is very different than the OTC "joint pain relievers" on the drug store shelves.

(I've had good luck with Natrol that I found at vitacost.com; YMMV of course!)

• Like 1