TESTERS WANTED! ×

CBD Oil for Joint Pain

SteddyGolf

On 10/13/2019 at 8:17 AM, yungkory said:

I've been taking it for 2 years for lower back, shoulder, and neck pain. Specifically, I eat a 10mg gummy before bed. I get lower back pain from golf, surfing, and skateboarding my whole life. It doesn't do much for my lower back, but for my neck and shoulder it's wonderful.

It's a natural anti inflammatory and helps me for anything related to inflammation. I don't like to take Advil because it upsets my stomach. My FIL just had an endoscopy and has an ulcer and gastritis -- he's a long time Advil/ibuprofen user fwiw. Wish this stuff worked for headaches so I could be completely done with pain killers read more Benefits of CBD oil?

Edit: like @ole gray mentioned, this stuff puts me out and I sleep great -- another benefit!

I am curious if anyone has tried the new CBD oil to control their epilepsy. I have read many great things about it really controlling seizures and maybe trying it myself. I have been on about 9 different medications now and am going back on Monday for another one. If this round of medications doesn't work I am really thinking about the CBD oil. Does anyone have experience with this? Or know someone who does?

Edited by lukafred

6 hours ago, lukafred said:

I am curious if anyone has tried the new CBD oil to control their epilepsy. I have read many great things about it really controlling seizures and maybe trying it myself. I have been on about 9 different medications now and am going back on Monday for another one. If this round of medications doesn't work I am really thinking about the CBD oil. Does anyone have experience with this? Or know someone who does?

I'm not a medical professional and don't have any experience with epilepsy sorry. You'd have a hard time convincing me that medical cannabis isn't legit for any kind of neuro/muscular condition:

This was the video I saw years back that convinced me to try it for non-recreational purposes lol.

This was suggested to me after I finally found the Parkinson's video:

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• 4 weeks later...

I totally get the struggle with epilepsy medications. While I haven't personally tried CBD oil for seizures, I've heard positive stories about its impact. It's worth exploring, especially if you've been through multiple medications. Maybe also check out medical cannabis UK? You might find some valuable insights.

Edited by shreepals

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been using CBD roll-on stick for about 2 years. No arthritis but i often get joint swelling from weight lifting and training. Ive noticed it a lot in my knees and elbows helping to relieve some of the swelling or fluid build up. Mine feels like a better version of icy-hot. 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

On 10/12/2019 at 6:54 PM, fozcycle said:

I am a Vet and I heard that taking CBD will void my benefits.

I use it; my dogs use it. I still suffer from som old (very old) injuries in service. Yes, it helps with pain relief, sleep and relaxation.

I told my VA doctor I was taking it. She was OK with it. I have never heard it will void your VA benefits. There are alot of myths and so ask and research.

Get on Google. Research CBD in general (including the VA position), and the purity and dosages of the product you are checking out. Best to take drops on your tongue. But a buddy says gummies are good. Mickelson endorsed CBD chewing gum, I believe.

I have no qualms about it and yes it is effective.

Best, -Marv

On 10/13/2019 at 8:04 PM, fozcycle said:

Thanks for the info, I got that tidbit from watching our local NBC news affiliate.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Tommy Armour Impact #3 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Foz, you won't lose your VA benefits, it's just the VA won't pay for it. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65, Stiff

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 3 Wood 14* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75, Stiff

Hybrids: Callaway Epic Flash #3 17* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #4 20* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #5 23* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #6 26* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 65, Regular

Irons: Ping G430, Red Dot, 7, 8, 9, W, 45.5*, 50*, ALTA CB BLACK, Regular

Wedges: Edison Forged - 55*, KBS PGI 80, Regular 2* Flat

Putter: Odyssey Toe Up #1, Ball: Vice Pro

Since you can buy CBD over the counter it’s one of those supplements that you use at your own risk. With that said, there has been enough research to conclude the affect's that CBD has on you. I don’t have arthritis but I use a CBD cream with heating element (like Begay) to help with muscular or joint pain. I find it does assist with pain but this is something you would want to use post play. For more preventative supplements I would recommend glucosamine and turmeric. Glucosamine has been proven to assist with the lubrication in your joints. While Turmeric has been proven to reduce inflammation in your body. Once again, every over the counter supplement is to be taken at your own risk but it’s always good to consult your doctor before making any change to your supplementation. 

Callaway X2 Irons, Callaway Mavrik 5W, TaylorMade RBZ 3W, Rogue Driver, and Ping Putter blade putter. 

Swing RH but the flat stick is LH

On 3/6/2024 at 9:02 AM, MC3157 said:

Foz, you won't lose your VA benefits, it's just the VA won't pay for it. 

Thanks

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 3/6/2024 at 8:24 AM, MarvChamp said:

I use it; my dogs use it. I still suffer from som old (very old) injuries in service. Yes, it helps with pain relief, sleep and relaxation.

I told my VA doctor I was taking it. She was OK with it. I have never heard it will void your VA benefits. There are alot of myths and so ask and research.

Get on Google. Research CBD in general (including the VA position), and the purity and dosages of the product you are checking out. Best to take drops on your tongue. But a buddy says gummies are good. Mickelson endorsed CBD chewing gum, I believe.

I have no qualms about it and yes it is effective.

Best, -Marv

Thanks, my next appt with the VA pain clinic I will ask.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder