Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Ryder Cup 2020 Ticket Selection

bens197

Sitting here in the UK and my guy has only just moved! If am honest this system of purchasing tickets is a joke. It could take up to 8 hours at this rate for me to get to the end and I entered the lobby just after the time prescribed. God help those that entered after the cut off time as they have no chance. Just my thoughts as a European spectator. Very disappointing way of allocating tickets.

Match days and week long passes are sold out... only practice still available

What's in the Bag?

- PING G400 SFTec driver, Mitsubishi Chemical C6 Blue Stiff, @ 9*

- PING G series 3w, Alta CB Stiff shaft @ 16*

- PING G400 19* & 22* Hybrid, Alta CB Stiff

- PING i200 Irons, Modus 105 stiff, soft stepped, purple dot 5-AW

- PING Glide 56, 60 wedges, Modus 105 wedge shafts

- Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C @ 32.75 inches

Guys this is such a sorry state of affairs. My concern is where are these tickets being distributed? As avid golfers/fans we have been given a raw deal in this process. The touts/hospitality arena will make a fortune!

I'm still in line, this is crazy.

Did the Ryder Cup sell out this quickly last time it was in the US?

This is giving me flashbacks of trying to get Phish tickets!!

4-PW Nike Vapor Fly Steel Irons, True Temper ZT 85-PT Shafts, Regular Flex, Standard Length, +2 Degree Upright

Nike Vaport Fly Drive 9.5 Degree Left Tensi-Stiff Shaft

Ping Anser 17 Degree TFC Standard Felx 800-H Shaft

Mizuno 3 Wood 15 Degree 5-50 Graphite Shaft Shipped to Florida Set

TOUR EDGE GOLF CBX FAIRWAY - 13.5* - STIFF FLEX - #3 FAIRWAY [PROJECT X HZRDUS YELLOW 6.0 75 GRAPHITE]

35'' Odyssey Works 9 Putter  with Superstroke Slim Grip

Cleveland 588-RTX 52/10 

Titlest BV SM4 Vokey 60/10

Callaway MD3 Milled S-Grind 46/8

Just got in, only single practice day tix available.

4-PW Nike Vapor Fly Steel Irons, True Temper ZT 85-PT Shafts, Regular Flex, Standard Length, +2 Degree Upright

Nike Vaport Fly Drive 9.5 Degree Left Tensi-Stiff Shaft

Ping Anser 17 Degree TFC Standard Felx 800-H Shaft

Mizuno 3 Wood 15 Degree 5-50 Graphite Shaft Shipped to Florida Set

TOUR EDGE GOLF CBX FAIRWAY - 13.5* - STIFF FLEX - #3 FAIRWAY [PROJECT X HZRDUS YELLOW 6.0 75 GRAPHITE]

35'' Odyssey Works 9 Putter  with Superstroke Slim Grip

Cleveland 588-RTX 52/10 

Titlest BV SM4 Vokey 60/10

Callaway MD3 Milled S-Grind 46/8

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Guys this is such a sorry state of affairs. My concern is where are these tickets being distributed? As avid golfers/fans we have been given a raw deal in this process. The touts/hospitality arena will make a fortune!

A vast majority go tot ticket and travel brokers to be sold in packages.   I bet the actual amount that is sold to the general public is very small.   In this way the USGA has it all over the PGA of America,  they give actual everyday golf fans a chance to get tickets.

Anyway, my guy is only about halfway there, the 8th block.  I had to leave right after 11:00 for a meeting and didnt' get back until about 45 minutes ago. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

A vast majority go tot ticket and travel brokers to be sold in packages.   I bet the actual amount that is sold to the general public is very small.   In this way the USGA has it all over the PGA of America,  they give actual everyday golf fans a chance to get tickets.

Anyway, my guy is only about halfway there, the 8th block.  I had to leave right after 11:00 for a meeting and didnt' get back until about 45 minutes ago. 

Gutted waited all this time and even practice days are sold out. USGA and PGA have so much to answer for with this system they put in place. Four hours of waiting and nothing other the touts and brokers making a killing on ticket prices.

Disgusted is my view and a total disgrace in the way the PGA has handled this. My interest was to have a FAIR opportunity of purchasing tickets for next year. This has not happened and to state that if you have registered and then subsequently received “a congratulations email” then to be notified this week that you need to login at the appropriate time of the website opening only to be told, it will be “a randomly selected place in the line” stinks. 

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Disgusted is my view and a total disgrace in the way the PGA has handled this. My interest was to have a FAIR opportunity of purchasing tickets for next year. This has not happened and to state that if you have registered and then subsequently received “a congratulations email” then to be notified this week that you need to login at the appropriate time of the website opening only to be told, it will be “a randomly selected place in the line” stinks. 

Pretty sure everything around the PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup is seen as nothing but a money grab for the PGA of America.  Really a shame in trying to grow the game.  I'll see Suzy Whaley at the PGA Show, if she's not surrounded by security, I'll be sure and let her know the feelings of the general public.

BTW, when my little man finally got into the room, only Tue-Thurs practice available as well.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Pretty sure everything around the PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup is seen as nothing but a money grab for the PGA of America.  Really a shame in trying to grow the game.  I'll see Suzy Whaley at the PGA Show, if she's not surrounded by security, I'll be sure and let her know the feelings of the general public.

BTW, when my little man finally got into the room, only Tue-Thurs practice available as well.   

Golfspy-CG2. What I have failed to mention in my previous comments is that I will be there next year, as I took the opportunity of being selected as a volunteer. Yes it costs $250 plus my flight and accommodation whilst there and will personally cost me a lot of money. However, also as a back up I registered for the “lottery” to buy tickets. On obtaining this “congrats” email this week and being able to possibly purchase either a practice round/match day ticket/s, for my best friend in Chicago I might add, stinks of corporate greed. The whole system has failed for us golfers and fans and who is making the money out of this?

PGA of America lives and dies by “us first” disguised by “let’s grow the game.”

Years ago they launched the free lesson program...use their website to search for a local PGA Professional who would offer a free 30 minute lesson.

These are guys who barely make a decent living who have to sacrifice their own time without any compensation from the PGA.

Rather than compensate their members for their time, the PGA was pimping out their members for their own benefit. Locally, the two PGA professionals that were voluntold to participate gave a combined 22 lessons with a 0% retention rate.

These guys charged $50/half hour at the time and gave away $1100 of their own money for nothing.

It comes as no surprise that the PGA would demonstrate this level of deceptive incompetence.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I sure hope any who purchased tickets checked pricing and availability of lodging. As I mentioned previously, my findings made up my decision to forgo what, by all accounts thus far, is a steaming pile of a process for Ryder Cup tickets.  And they say the game of golf is dying... 🤔.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)