Jump to content

Ryder Cup 2020 Ticket Selection


bens197
 Share

Recommended Posts

Match days and week long passes are sold out... only practice still available

What's in the Bag?

- PING G400 SFTec driver, Mitsubishi Chemical C6 Blue Stiff, @ 9*

- PING G series 3w, Alta CB Stiff shaft @ 16*

- PING G400 19* & 22* Hybrid, Alta CB Stiff

- PING i200 Irons, Modus 105 stiff, soft stepped, purple dot 5-AW

- PING Glide 56, 60 wedges, Modus 105 wedge shafts

- Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C @ 32.75 inches

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys this is such a sorry state of affairs. My concern is where are these tickets being distributed? As avid golfers/fans we have been given a raw deal in this process. The touts/hospitality arena will make a fortune!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the Ryder Cup was at Le Golf National two years ago the allocation of tickets was much smoother and decidedly quicker than this. Am still just under half way of my walking skeleton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Guys this is such a sorry state of affairs. My concern is where are these tickets being distributed? As avid golfers/fans we have been given a raw deal in this process. The touts/hospitality arena will make a fortune!

A vast majority go tot ticket and travel brokers to be sold in packages.   I bet the actual amount that is sold to the general public is very small.   In this way the USGA has it all over the PGA of America,  they give actual everyday golf fans a chance to get tickets.

Anyway, my guy is only about halfway there, the 8th block.  I had to leave right after 11:00 for a meeting and didnt' get back until about 45 minutes ago. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

A vast majority go tot ticket and travel brokers to be sold in packages.   I bet the actual amount that is sold to the general public is very small.   In this way the USGA has it all over the PGA of America,  they give actual everyday golf fans a chance to get tickets.

Anyway, my guy is only about halfway there, the 8th block.  I had to leave right after 11:00 for a meeting and didnt' get back until about 45 minutes ago. 

 

Gutted waited all this time and even practice days are sold out. USGA and PGA have so much to answer for with this system they put in place. Four hours of waiting and nothing other the touts and brokers making a killing on ticket prices.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely agree. An absolute farce. I was in within about 40 minutes and all bar practice days were sold out. Coming from the UK that was of no interest. It really annoys me these so called fans buying tickets to immediately sell the lm for profit on Stubhub etc... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disgusted is my view and a total disgrace in the way the PGA has handled this. My interest was to have a FAIR opportunity of purchasing tickets for next year. This has not happened and to state that if you have registered and then subsequently received “a congratulations email” then to be notified this week that you need to login at the appropriate time of the website opening only to be told, it will be “a randomly selected place in the line” stinks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Disgusted is my view and a total disgrace in the way the PGA has handled this. My interest was to have a FAIR opportunity of purchasing tickets for next year. This has not happened and to state that if you have registered and then subsequently received “a congratulations email” then to be notified this week that you need to login at the appropriate time of the website opening only to be told, it will be “a randomly selected place in the line” stinks. 

Pretty sure everything around the PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup is seen as nothing but a money grab for the PGA of America.  Really a shame in trying to grow the game.  I'll see Suzy Whaley at the PGA Show, if she's not surrounded by security, I'll be sure and let her know the feelings of the general public.

BTW, when my little man finally got into the room, only Tue-Thurs practice available as well.   

  • Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Pretty sure everything around the PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup is seen as nothing but a money grab for the PGA of America.  Really a shame in trying to grow the game.  I'll see Suzy Whaley at the PGA Show, if she's not surrounded by security, I'll be sure and let her know the feelings of the general public.

BTW, when my little man finally got into the room, only Tue-Thurs practice available as well.   

Golfspy-CG2. What I have failed to mention in my previous comments is that I will be there next year, as I took the opportunity of being selected as a volunteer. Yes it costs $250 plus my flight and accommodation whilst there and will personally cost me a lot of money. However, also as a back up I registered for the “lottery” to buy tickets. On obtaining this “congrats” email this week and being able to possibly purchase either a practice round/match day ticket/s, for my best friend in Chicago I might add, stinks of corporate greed. The whole system has failed for us golfers and fans and who is making the money out of this?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PGA of America lives and dies by “us first” disguised by “let’s grow the game.”

Years ago they launched the free lesson program...use their website to search for a local PGA Professional who would offer a free 30 minute lesson.

These are guys who barely make a decent living who have to sacrifice their own time without any compensation from the PGA.

Rather than compensate their members for their time, the PGA was pimping out their members for their own benefit. Locally, the two PGA professionals that were voluntold to participate gave a combined 22 lessons with a 0% retention rate.

These guys charged $50/half hour at the time and gave away $1100 of their own money for nothing.

It comes as no surprise that the PGA would demonstrate this level of deceptive incompetence.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

 

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sure hope any who purchased tickets checked pricing and availability of lodging. As I mentioned previously, my findings made up my decision to forgo what, by all accounts thus far, is a steaming pile of a process for Ryder Cup tickets.  And they say the game of golf is dying... 🤔.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter  (Currently Testing Evnroll ER5v)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...