TESTERS WANTED! ×

The best golf shoe on the market!?

rowjow

What's the street price on Truelinks and Kikkors?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

They are probably very comfortable.......if......you have wide feet.

i have narrow feet, so the Ecco Street premiers work for me. They lace up all the way down to the toes. That give you a little more that you can tighten.

Yesterday afternoon, I walked 9 holes in the Florida Sun with my Eccos.....two hours later, I was without any energybut my feet felt great.

Actually I have narrow feet and these are shockingly a very good fit. I was worried about that when i bought my first pair. Hopefully you can get to a store that has them in stock so you can try them out . I didn't have that luxury at the time they first came out as they were at that time online only, but they are becoming very popular. there's definitely no shoe that has you more in touch with the ground. I love Adidas and have since I was a young lad. One of those reasons I loved adidas was how they ran narrow and they had excellent arch support. Now I still wear traditional shoes now and again as I like the style of the traditional shoe, but comfort can't even compare.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

TW is absolutely correct, I'm the same way. Narrow feet and Adidas fan because they were narrower than other brands. Top priority for me now is to get a pair of white Trues before next summer!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I like my FJ icons by far more than any other shoe I've owned. I've owned Nike TW, Callaway, loads of Pumas, and some other FJs.

The icons' leather is so soft right out of the box. It wears very well, and the sole is cushy without being springing, and I don't feel the spike beds while standing like I do on cheaper shoes.

I know the trend is thin soles and non replaceable spike systems, but I HATE that. Thin soles aren't the best walkers and I want spikes to grab the ground and I want to be able to replace them - I can't help but think it's to increase profits since it's cheaper to make. I also like soles that feel very stable and give me the feeling that my feet are glued to the ground when I swing, so I like them to be a hair on the stiff side.

I spy with my little eye something...

There are a lot of really nice shoes out there, but if im looking to spend less than 120, which way should I go?

For better or worse (better, I would say) $120 or less leaves you with LOTS of options, particularly if you're savvy about using discount codes/coupons/promos. Obviously, I'm partial to the Kikkors, but there are lots of Footjoys that can be had for that price, older model Adidas, etc.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

There are tons of great options under $120 Dave. Its hard to recommend one without knowing some more info though. Do you ride or walk? How important is waterproofing? Do you have wide or narrow feet? Do removable spikes matter to you? Do you want a more traditional looking shoe or do you mind something different, etc.

My favorite "traditional" shoe is the Adidas Powerband 3.0 and it can be found for around $80 on sale usually. Its pretty lightweight, cool and comfortable but still good waterproofing, good for walking and reasonably durable. But as I've said, I think I'm a True convert now, its going to be hard to go back to a regular shoe after wearing them!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

How do the Trues hold up on wet grass? They look like they might be a little slippery on the bottoms, that has been my on hold up on ordering a pair of these or the Eccos.

I have had the Trues for a couple of months now. I bought these because I like to walk the course when I can but all other shoes I have tried cause foot or toe problems of one sort or another. I also worried about how they would do on wet grass and other situations where traction is a problem. I can say with confidence that they do just fine. At first I tended to think about them as I walked and swung because you actually feel imperfections through the thinner sole. Now I just enjoy them. Because the heel is lower than a normal shoe, they do take the muscles a bit to adjust, but that is minor. If you can get past the clown-shoe look, you will love them.

• 2 months later...

IMHO....I tried Callaway golf shoes....had four pair and two pair fell apart after one year's wear. The other two I still have but don't get much wear anymore as I have since acquired a pair of Ecco Street Premiers and a pair of Footjoy FJ Sports. Both are much more comfortable than the Callaway's and should last longer.

I tried the Icons, DryJoys & Contours, but none of them felt as good as the FJ Sports....when I kneel down to eye a putt, some of them seem to want to cut off my toes. The FJ Sport did not. MSRP $145.....golf Locker $70.

Great deal!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

IMHO....I tried Callaway golf shoes....had four pair and two pair fell apart after one year's wear. The other two I still have but don't get much wear anymore as I have since acquired a pair of Ecco Street Premiers and a pair of Footjoy FJ Sports. Both are much more comfortable than the Callaway's and should last longer.

I tried the Icons, DryJoys & Contours, but none of them felt as good as the FJ Sports....when I kneel down to eye a putt, some of them seem to want to cut off my toes. The FJ Sport did not. MSRP $145.....golf Locker $70.

Great deal!

Foz,

Truelinkswear 2012 line actually looks like it's going to rock. They changes up the sole designs a bit on all their styles which now is 3 styles. You have the original True Tours, The Stealths and now The Phoenix's which they abbreviate to phx. I have a pair of the PHX's coming soon and once they arrive i'll post some in hand pics. The other thing that is nice is they brought this new pair in under the 100.00 mark selling @ 99.00 w/ free shipping. I still believe these are the most comfortable shoe on the market and believe me I should know having over 40 pair of golf shoes. I know you said before you were worried about the width, but i say to you if you can find a location that sells them in person at least try them on. I believe once you do you will agree that these are much more comfortable then the ECCO Street Premiers. I have both shoes as I wanted to love the ECCO's but they are actually too narrow in my opinion and my foot is somewhere in the B to C width. My one buddy calls my trues Fruit boots but one thing I know is when i leave the course after 18 my feet are fine. No worries about aches and pains from walking and definitely no blisters that you can get with the dress shoe type of golf shoes. I always loved the FJ Classic Premiers and still have 1 BN pair waiting to come out and play, but why wear the FJ's that weigh like 3 lbs each shoe versus a pair that are virtually weightless.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Of all the shoes I own My Footjoy Icons are the most comfortable by far. Soft, stable, can't feel the spikes, and great walkers.

check these out. They are black one side and white on the other side. The pic is of one pair, not two color choices.

vivobarefoot-hybrid.jpg

I spy with my little eye something...

Foz,

Truelinkswear 2012 line actually looks like it's going to rock. They changes up the sole designs a bit on all their styles which now is 3 styles. You have the original True Tours, The Stealths and now The Phoenix's which they abbreviate to phx. I have a pair of the PHX's coming soon and once they arrive i'll post some in hand pics. The other thing that is nice is they brought this new pair in under the 100.00 mark selling @ 99.00 w/ free shipping. I still believe these are the most comfortable shoe on the market and believe me I should know having over 40 pair of golf shoes. I know you said before you were worried about the width, but i say to you if you can find a location that sells them in person at least try them on. I believe once you do you will agree that these are much more comfortable then the ECCO Street Premiers. I have both shoes as I wanted to love the ECCO's but they are actually too narrow in my opinion and my foot is somewhere in the B to C width. My one buddy calls my trues Fruit boots but one thing I know is when i leave the course after 18 my feet are fine. No worries about aches and pains from walking and definitely no blisters that you can get with the dress shoe type of golf shoes. I always loved the FJ Classic Premiers and still have 1 BN pair waiting to come out and play, but why wear the FJ's that weigh like 3 lbs each shoe versus a pair that are virtually weightless.

Tim

This is actually the exact reason I just bought some ECCO Street golf shoes, they're much less wide than the TRUEs. I have big enough feet (13 normally, 12.5 for the ECCOs) as it is, and the ECCOs are the only ones that make my feet look somewhat normal. I've worn the ECCOs quite a bit now and I can say I've never had a more comfortable shoe. Very happy with my purchase. My only qualm is that they aren't waterproof, but I have another pair of shoes for wetter days.

Anyone have experiences with Kikkors and TRUE? Everything I read is about how comfortable the TRUEs are, but I can't believe they're better than Kikkors. Not to mention that when it comes to style, those TRUEs are...uhh...lacking. At least, IMO.

I understand your feelings about True's styling 100%. I think they look stranger in person than in pictures to boot! I like the look of the Kikkors, and just yesterday decided to take a chance. They offer free shipping both ways, so returns are easy. I ordered two pairs, one each with replaceable and non-replaceable spikes. It helps that they're on sale. I don't expect to play until winter eases it's grip, but I'll post a first impression as soon as they arrive.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Just got my first pair of TRUEs yesterday, the PHX model. They are really comfortable out of the box (just walked around the house) and the heel is SO low (a VERY good thing). I think they improved the style markedly with this year's offerings.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I have a 10 month old at home so I am have been searching for an inexpensive but good looking pair of shoes. I came across the Adidas Greenstars and love them, I have 3 pairs now. I found them on ebay for $40/pair brand new from some golf shop in NC. Classic looking shoe, keeps my feet dry and I've played some rainy days (having a kid means I play whenever possible), and most important they are comfortable, I walk all my rounds. Highly recommend these shoes for anyone who doesn't want to spend big $$ on the latest and greatest shoe.

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

Archived