TESTERS WANTED! ×

P90x -- Anyone here finished it?

We're just about the same. I'm 12 sessions into a 24 session sign-up with a personal trainer here at my club. I've been working out with this guy and modifying (correcting) my eating habits. The guy seems to be really good -- he used to run track for Nebraska. He's the one that suggested I start with a few supplements to maximize our work. Now half-way into the sessions, I've gone from ~232lbs to ~215lbs. I've dropped one pants size, a belt notch or two, and my cardio capabilities has improved to where I can run 2.5-3 miles pretty much without stopping (that still ain't easy...but I can do it).

I played football in college, and my playing weight back then was around 190lbs. I was in above avg shape for almost my entire life until my kids started being born and my life got more sedentary. I used to jog 5 miles for cardio like it was practically nothing, and ran untold number of timed sprints, bench pressed 340lbs, and squatted around 450lbs.....now, after dropping the ~15lbs, I feel like now the real work can begin to getting back in shape.

jamo, congrats to you and I both....let's keep it up.

I hope so. I've lost about 3 more lbs since that post, so I'm looking to keep it up!

Good luck to you also!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice NGage

For those of you who have done P90X, where did you buy the DVDs?

I bought mine straight from BeachBody. They were really quick.

On a side note, I just started running again after 21 years. The first week was a bit rough, but I did manage to go 3 miles this AM in just under 24 min. As soon as I get my lungs back, I look forward to some good things.... Updates to follow.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I bought mine straight from BeachBody. They were really quick.

On a side note, I just started running again after 21 years. The first week was a bit rough, but I did manage to go 3 miles this AM in just under 24 min. As soon as I get my lungs back, I look forward to some good things.... Updates to follow.

There is nothing I hate more than running. I ran XC for a year in HS and hated it. Ran the Chicago Marathon and hated it. I am running again with my dog, and I still hate it, but there's nothing better than the feeling of being able to run long distances quickly and, relatively, easily. Stupid fitness...so time consuming and difficult.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

There is nothing I hate more than running. I ran XC for a year in HS and hated it. Ran the Chicago Marathon and hated it. I am running again with my dog, and I still hate it, but there's nothing better than the feeling of being able to run long distances quickly and, relatively, easily. Stupid fitness...so time consuming and difficult.

And once again.....we are alike (minus the XC and marathon -- I ran for all my other sports, and would never even dream of punishing myself with a marathon).

Oh....today, I ran 2 miles in 30mins......yes, I know describing 2 miles being covered in that time is using the word "ran" loosely. In my defense, that was after working out with my trainer and doing close to 100 squats.

• 4 months later...

I have to give this program its props. I kinda forgot that i made this post to begin with. I did 9 weeks until my leg flared up due to a blood clotting condition i have which i believe is related to the Antrax vaccine...but that is neither here nor there.

Anyway, in those 9 weeks i dropped 14 pounds which is 4.5 or 5 a month. Pretty good. So after my leg stopped swelling i did a combo of P90x and running all in one. Talk about results!! Since March when i first started this program, i have dropped 31 pounds. I started out at around 248 and am now as of this morning down to 217. So, it can be done!! All it takes is a lot of sweat, persistence, and most of all...belief!!

This Sunday, I am starting over Day 1...and if my leg holds up i will finish!

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

• 8 months later...

I watched 5 minutes of it and got tired. I'm going to attempt to complete the program, but everyone I know says it's tough to stick with. I know 1 person that's done the whole program, he also lost 60 lbs.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'm sold! Let's get that sick-pack back! :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I tried doing P90x and it kicked my butt hard. Being that I'm sorta lazy when it comes to workouts, I've been reading 4hb and first cutting weight, then gonna try the geek to freak... but curious how it'll play out in performance vs. just looking good naked.

P90x seems like a sure bet for long-term conditioning, so we'll see if I can pull the same with the 4 Hour Body.

Looking good naked is where it's at... don't care about the rest :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I've done it twice. The first time I did it I followed their diet and I bulked up, the second time I did it I followed my diet and got ripped. That was about 2 years ago, before my daughter was born. I need to do it again, because my beer gut is about to get out of control.

mmmmm beer gut. Doesn't beer gut give us more mass moving when turning our hips at the finish, ie: longer drives??? ;-)

steven - yes, looking good naked is the first consideration when deciding if any workout is worth it or not.

Archived