TESTERS WANTED! ×

P90x -- Anyone here finished it?

• SPY VIP

You don't need to do 90 days. Occasionally, I get on a 5-10 day kick and I find that to be helpful. Obviously, 90 is optimal for getting the full benefits, but I think 60, or even 30, is better than nothing. Saying it's 90 or nothing is like saying you shouldn't start being healthy if you're not going to commit to working out forever.

I drank during my 90 days and still lost almost 40 pounds. I just factored it into my eating for the day and tried to keep it to a minimum. Moderation in all things, except golf.

40 POUNDS, WITH DRINKING!!!??!!!

You should get paid for that testimonial. I am going to do this. dropping 20 would be ideal here.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So maybe the first time through, or early on with the bands and then graduate to the bar when I can hit the reps?

honestly, you dont have to be able to do 1 regular pullup. Either use the bands or else do what most do including myself and that is to use a chair. Similar to the weight assisted machine at your local gym. Pullups are not easy.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

• SPY VIP

honestly, you dont have to be able to do 1 regular pullup. Either use the bands or else do what most do including myself and that is to use a chair. Similar to the weight assisted machine at your local gym. Pullups are not easy.

The chair is a great tip. I have no clue how many I can do. I avoid them like the plague at the gym.

Volvo Intorqueo

The chair is a great tip. I have no clue how many I can do. I avoid them like the plague at the gym.

ok, again total honesty here. I could do 2 half assed non assisted pullups before i started. The first week i could get between 8 and 12 depending on the grip. Now i am almost finished with the 2nd week and i have moved the chair farther out which makes the pullup much more difficult and can do 13 and 10 as the cycles go.

You will improve so much so fast you will be amazed. Ab Ripper X...hell i couldnt hardly do anything because i sit at a computer chair all day and use my mind instead of my body....i was one inflexible dude. Now, i can at least make a great attempt at some of the harder ab ripper exercises. Just wait...you will see. ;)

just do it. 3 months is not really a lot of time. Dedicate yourself...it will build a great foundation for any future workout plans. Some nights i come home drained, not wanting to do it but i push play anyway...when i am done i feel like a million bucks.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

You will improve so much so fast you will be amazed. Ab Ripper X...hell i couldnt hardly do anything because i sit at a computer chair all day and use my mind instead of my body....i was one inflexible dude. Now, i can at least make a great attempt at some of the harder ab ripper exercises. Just wait...you will see. :lol:

just do it. 3 months is not really a lot of time. Dedicate yourself...it will build a great foundation for any future workout plans. Some nights i come home drained, not wanting to do it but i push play anyway...when i am done i feel like a million bucks.

Ab Ripper X is, IMO, the biggest beast in the program. If you can honestly say that you did the entire thing, every rep, no breaks, on your first try...my hat is off to you. I thought I had good core strength going in and I got wasted by it. The best thing is that it's fast and simple, so you can still use it even if you're not really doing the program anymore.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Ab Ripper X is, IMO, the biggest beast in the program. If you can honestly say that you did the entire thing, every rep, no breaks, on your first try...my hat is off to you. I thought I had good core strength going in and I got wasted by it. The best thing is that it's fast and simple, so you can still use it even if you're not really doing the program anymore.

i would agree with that, i dont see anyone being able to do that the first time through, even a friend of mine who is a spec ops dude...no way no how.

I've heard that about the ab work and that the plyometrics is the next hardest.

I was in above avg shape my whole life until about 10 yrs ago when kids started coming along. Since then I went from my playing weight of 190lbs up to 230lbs. I've just recently started working with a personal trainer, and am getting in shape again. After I finish my sessions with my personal trainer, I am thinking of doing the P90X or P90.

I've also heard some people do P90 as a warm-up to tackle P90X.

2weeks down, 10 to go. The scale isnt moving much but i can definitely tell in my legs and chest/shoulders/arms.

kenpo is a great way to end the week.

lovin this workout

• SPY VIP

2weeks down, 10 to go. The scale isnt moving much but i can definitely tell in my legs and chest/shoulders/arms.

lovin this workout

I hate to add another silly "good for you" post, but as someone who fights the same battle, good for you.

Volvo Intorqueo

lovin this workout

Keep us informed on how it goes.

Mind if I ask what kind of shape you were in before you started?

• SPY VIP

Here's another great thing to help, or you may be able to pick up something like it for a little less:

http://www.easychin.com/needhelp.spml

Woah. That guy does not need the help. Maybe less self tanner.

IS a good idea though for the beginning.

Volvo Intorqueo

Keep us informed on how it goes.

Mind if I ask what kind of shape you were in before you started?

well i was 212 or so, and looked what i thought to be pretty good shape wise before my blood clot, that came and i balooned up to 241.5. Now, i am at 239.

i could do 1-2 half assed pullups, now i can do 13 and 10 Chair assisted depending on which one...closed or wide....

im beginning my run phase this weekend. Short 2 mile run tomorrow and then hiking sunday.

EDIT to add chair assisted.

well i was 212 or so, and looked what i thought to be pretty good shape wise before my blood clot, that came and i balooned up to 241.5. Now, i am at 239.

i could do 1-2 half assed pullups, now i can do 13 and 10 depending on which one...closed or wide....

im beginning my run phase this weekend. Short 2 mile run tomorrow and then hiking sunday.

Maybe you haven't lost much weight...but, geez..look how much stronger you are. Wow.

I have to correct that sorry, those are with the chair so basically my body weight minus 35-40 lbs. My best guess.

Keep it up. The 3rd week is tough, but the 4th is great.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Keep it up. The 3rd week is tough, but the 4th is great.

thanks nic

im almost finished with the 3rd week. Everything seems to be syncing. Tonight was legs and back. Last night i was so in my zone with the yoga....it was like an out of body experience lol. even though that crap hurts (in a good way) like heck....i was so focused on breathing that i was in "the zone".

Truly amazing stuff. I cant believe how great i feel after every workout....refreshed

thanks nic

im almost finished with the 3rd week. Everything seems to be syncing. Tonight was legs and back. Last night i was so in my zone with the yoga....it was like an out of body experience lol. even though that crap hurts (in a good way) like heck....i was so focused on breathing that i was in "the zone".

Truly amazing stuff. I cant believe how great i feel after every workout....refreshed

If you've already hit the point where you're feeling refreshed after the workouts, you're definitely starting to get in the zone. Congratulations on finishing 3 weeks, and good luck with the remaining 10 and beyond.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 2 weeks later...

Phase 2 begins...holy moley...did chest shoulders and tris. Chest and tri's not too hard minus the 1 arm pushups...but the shoulders killed me!!

here are some stats:

Down 4 pounds, arms 1 inch bigger, legs smaller but much much more defined.....waist down 1 inch. Chest and shoulders...moobs(thats right...i said it....LOL) are almost gone!! YEAAA!!!

looking forward to these pictures especially!!

Phase 2 begins...holy moley...did chest shoulders and tris. Chest and tri's not too hard minus the 1 arm pushups...but the shoulders killed me!!

here are some stats:

Down 4 pounds, arms 1 inch bigger, legs smaller but much much more defined.....waist down 1 inch. Chest and shoulders...moobs(thats right...i said it....LOL) are almost gone!! YEAAA!!!

looking forward to these pictures especially!!

Keep it up man. Way to go.

I just started a new Pushup routine.. here

Kind of fun.... so far

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

That push up workout looks pretty good. I do a lot of pushups now, but I just go for max reps. I think I'll give this plan a go for a couple weeks.

The first week has been really easy so far. But looking ahead, I can see a bit of pain in the future..

Congrats, I've been losing some weight lately too, about 15 lbs since march 3rd. No thanks to this forum. :)

We're just about the same. I'm 12 sessions into a 24 session sign-up with a personal trainer here at my club. I've been working out with this guy and modifying (correcting) my eating habits. The guy seems to be really good -- he used to run track for Nebraska. He's the one that suggested I start with a few supplements to maximize our work. Now half-way into the sessions, I've gone from ~232lbs to ~215lbs. I've dropped one pants size, a belt notch or two, and my cardio capabilities has improved to where I can run 2.5-3 miles pretty much without stopping (that still ain't easy...but I can do it).

I played football in college, and my playing weight back then was around 190lbs. I was in above avg shape for almost my entire life until my kids started being born and my life got more sedentary. I used to jog 5 miles for cardio like it was practically nothing, and ran untold number of timed sprints, bench pressed 340lbs, and squatted around 450lbs.....now, after dropping the ~15lbs, I feel like now the real work can begin to getting back in shape.

jamo, congrats to you and I both....let's keep it up.

Archived