TESTERS WANTED! ×

Favorite Brand of Golf shoes???

I have become a bit of an Ecco *****. I used to only wear the FootJoy Classics or Dryjoys. However, I had a chance to try on some Ecco's, and now I have 7 pair.

Hi, My name is Nic, and I have a shoe problem.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I used to wear only Nike, but I recently bought some Adidas, and I like them a lot better... more comfortable, but I have yet to play with them in wet/dewy conditions, so we will see...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Nic, the Imelda Marcos wanna-be clinic is down the hall to your right :lol:

If Ecco ever makes a men's spikeless model, I'm there! In the meantime, I'm liking my Puma Swing GTX and Footjoy Dryjoys. In the past, I've also liked the Etonic G-SOK

• SPY VIP

Ecco's are sweet. I had a pair of non-golf Ecco sandals that I wore until they were reincarnated back into cows.

Just bought my first pair of Footjoy Contours. Was amazed at the fit. I have a big ol' wide foot, and the 10.5 wide was too wide. Regular was perfect.

Stock spikes not so good though. Was getting some foot spin in the wet grass last round. Hopefully there is a stiffer spike out there.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

My first golf shoes were Footjoys, and while they were very comfortable, I don't feel like they held up very well. I've been playing the same pair of adidas for 2+ seasons and they're still in good shape and I've got a back up pair waiting to come out of the box. I am 100% an Adidas guy now.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

When it comes to shoes I am hands down an Adidas man. I think the Tour 360 line are some of the most comfortable shoes ever made. I do own a pair of Ecco's that are really comfortable as well though, but I always tend to lean towards my Adidas.

Adidas. Although you have to wear them in and I suggest you go a few rounds with a cart first before you start walking with them. But when you are swinging the club, they feel great.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I have Callaways TTX precision shoes that I bought for $25 brand new. They're not very comfortable but I couldn't resist at that price. My next pair would be FJs or ecco.

sdfut.jpg

Addicted to golf since February 2008

Best Score: 89

Birdies: 12

I have very wide feet and I've found only Footjoy and Nike make decent golf shoes for guys that have duck feet like myself. I haven't tried Ecco (yet), but they are really expensive and I can buy two pairs of the aforementioned brands at that price. And I'm really hard on golf shoes. ;)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

I really like the PUMA SwingCrown GTX, although they're a bit on the pricey side. I'm also a fan of Callaway's Hyperbolic X. Normally I need a wide golf shoe, but in both of the above cases, the standard sizes fit fine.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I have very wide feet and I've found only Footjoy and Nike make decent golf shoes for guys that have duck feet like myself. I haven't tried Ecco (yet), but they are really expensive and I can buy two pairs of the aforementioned brands at that price. And I'm really hard on golf shoes. ;)

The eccos don't come in widths.... so those of you with wide feet, sorry. I'm surprised how many people like the Adidas shoes. I find them to be very narrow, and not very comfortable. I have tried 3 different pair, and only one fits kind of ok. I am an Ecco man for life.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

My last 2 pairs have been Adidas. I havent played in Footjoy's in a really long time and my Nike's I had were ok. I will either be getting a new pair of Adidas this season or Puma's. I actually want to try the Puma shoes.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

My last 2 pairs have been Adidas. I havent played in Footjoy's in a really long time and my Nike's I had were ok. I will either be getting a new pair of Adidas this season or Puma's. I actually want to try the Puma shoes.

WE lust opened a Puma Account at my store, so perhaps I shall try a pair of Puma shoes this year??? I can't wait for the pants and belts.

The eccos don't come in widths.... so those of you with wide feet, sorry. I'm surprised how many people like the Adidas shoes. I find them to be very narrow, and not very comfortable. I have tried 3 different pair, and only one fits kind of ok. I am an Ecco man for life.

I agree with you on Adidas. Even the wide sizes are very narrow.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

I agree with you on Adidas. Even the wide sizes are very narrow.

Same here. I got a free pair of 10.5W with the R7 Limited last year. Toe box in the shoe was tiny. Gave them to my brother. The more I wear these new FJ Contours, the more I like them. I wasn't to big on the thin, waxed laces at first, but they stay nice and tight.

Volvo Intorqueo

Same here. I got a free pair of 10.5W with the R7 Limited last year. Toe box in the shoe was tiny. Gave them to my brother. The more I wear these new FJ Contours, the more I like them. I wasn't to big on the thin, waxed laces at first, but they stay nice and tight.

Yeah, I have a pair of FJ Contours and Dryjoys. The Contours are the more comfortable of the two out of the box but to be fair I haven't broke in the Dryjoys yet.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Really fellas, Ecco is where it's at. Amazing feel, great durability, excellent customer service. I'll never go back.

• SPY VIP

Yeah, I have a pair of FJ Contours and Dryjoys. The Contours are the more comfortable of the two out of the box but to be fair I haven't broke in the Dryjoys yet.

Did you keep the stock spikes that came in them. They seem too soft for me. I may put in the scorpion stingers.

Volvo Intorqueo

Did you keep the stock spikes that came in them. They seem too soft for me. I may put in the scorpion stingers.

I only wear Scorpion Stingers in my shoes.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Really fellas, Ecco is where it's at. Amazing feel, great durability, excellent customer service. I'll never go back.

Yeah, but they don't have wide sizes - right?

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

I think that is the issue with the european sizing. My feet would look like sideshow bob's once I fit the width correctly.

Volvo Intorqueo

I keep forgetting. sorry. No wides. Footjoy probably makes the best wide width shoe going today. Look into the MyJoys program. You can customize some really sick shoes.

• SPY VIP

I keep forgetting. sorry. No wides. Footjoy probably makes the best wide width shoe going today. Look into the MyJoys program. You can customize some really sick shoes.

They had a great contest with that a while back. Made some great ASU shoes and my boy made some camo ones he called "TANK".

Got more votes than mine.

GO DEVILS!!!

Volvo Intorqueo

I keep hearing this. I think when my adidas wear out it'll be between asics (my runner of choice for over a decade) and ecco.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

They had a great contest with that a while back. Made some great ASU shoes and my boy made some camo ones he called "TANK".

Got more votes than mine.

GO DEVILS!!!

Were they maroon and gold? Doesn't exactly go with just any outfit. LOL.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Archived