Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Fixing a skymark properly?

First of all, it's not my club! I've never put a skymark on a club- EVER!

But a friend has a white TM M2 and there is the most unsightly skymark near the toe that I would like to fix for him, and for me as I hate looking at it when he addresses the ball.🥶

So I'm looking for any experienced person who has done it before and where to buy the correct TM white paint?

Thanks fellas.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

If you don't see silver then you might be able to just buff it clean with some very high grit polish.

However, if you do see silver you have gone through the paint, There is a youtube video under golf club repair that show a person fixing a white head. That might the best way.

Edited by McGolf

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

7 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

First of all, it's not my club! I've never put a skymark on a club- EVER!

But a friend.....

LOL.... who you kidding. 

Well, I have and it was back when drivers were made from trees. We'd just pull some green grass and rub it in. Seemed to work ok.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

1 hour ago, deejaid said:

4E6B7DED-BF33-4717-80BA-D4AF2CFF70E3-246-0000000684B8F6B3.jpg

Works wonders on sky marks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seriously!

It might get a crayon mark off a wall but never a skymark

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

3 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

LOL.... who you kidding. 

Well, I have and it was back when drivers were made from trees. We'd just pull some green grass and rub it in. Seemed to work ok.

not you as I have never ever ever skymarked a club. I'm that good! 😉

seriously!
It might get a crayon mark off a wall but never a skymark

If the sky mark is just ball remnant and the paint isn’t scratched a magic eraser will work great. I use it to remove sky marks off of old persimmon woods.

It’s worth a try before a repaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

1 hour ago, deejaid said:

I wanted to send you a message but your message box is full or something. Can't send.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I wanted to send you a message but your message box is full or something. Can't send.

Yes it was full. It’s emptied now.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

3 hours ago, deejaid said:

If the sky mark is just ball remnant and the paint isn’t scratched a magic eraser will work great. I use it to remove sky marks off of old persimmon woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I can see it removing basic surface marks but skymarks are usually into the paint and sometimes into the metal.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was dismissing your input and certainly for other marks on the head I will try a magic eraser. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sky-marks are a right of passage. Those who put them on clubs MUST play a full year with it there before being allowed to repair it! It helps to remind them that you don't hit the ball there.

It also warns off any other golfer when the guy says "Hey, mind if I hit one with your new (insert name of insanely high priced driver here)?"

BT

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

11 hours ago, RI_Redneck said:

Sky-marks are a right of passage. Those who put them on clubs MUST play a full year with it there before being allowed to repair it! It helps to remind them that you don't hit the ball there.

It also warns off any other golfer when the guy says "Hey, mind if I hit one with your new (insert name of insanely high priced driver here)?"

BT

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

he has! but my OCD kicks in looking at him addressing the ball, I also would like to thank him for letting me 'try' the driver for 2 weeks as it made me buy one and upgrade the shaft. I'd just like to get it looking good from the address viewpoint - mine and his😂

I know you're across the pond, but you can get factory matched paint here...

Golf Repair Paint

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

On 10/8/2019 at 1:37 PM, deejaid said:

4E6B7DED-BF33-4717-80BA-D4AF2CFF70E3-246-0000000684B8F6B3.jpg

Works wonders on sky marks.

Interesting - I need to try this

Driver: Ping G400 10.5* - stock Alta CB shaft

FW:  Ping G25 7W - Accra RT50 DYMATCH 2.0

Hybrid: Callaway Rogue X 23* - Accra 162H M2

Irons: Callaway Big Bertha 5 - PW - Steelfiber i95

Wedges: Muira 56* K - Steelfiber i110

Satori 52* - KB Tour

Putter: Ping Ketsch Cadence

Ball: Snell MTB-X

19 minutes ago, johnw said:

Interesting - I need to try this

I did and the skymarks are now very very clean, but the gouge marks are still there, however, it looks ten times better.