MmmmmmBuddy

Fitting Questions?????

That's my hope. Look at my swing, diagnose the garbage, give me some drills for a week, and see you again next week.

Wash, rinse, repeat, shoot in the 80's

Updates??

Updates??

Well i hit the range again on Sunday. Haggin is a mess as they update the range to mega fancy so the mats are on the infield grass.

Ditched the "tall" address and really focused on slow from the top. bottom of the pool slow, and it made a difference. No real loss of distance either. silly game

when the hook came back I could feel that I was fast and my right arm/elbow separated from my body early.

still think that the burners lack the feel of the MX200's but no new irons yet.

hoping to play on weekend, friday is out because of a funeral

ssssssssllllooooowwwwww was magical

• Like 1

Well i hit the range again on Sunday. Haggin is a mess as they update the range to mega fancy so the mats are on the infield grass.

Ditched the "tall" address and really focused on slow from the top. bottom of the pool slow, and it made a difference. No real loss of distance either. silly game

when the hook came back I could feel that I was fast and my right arm/elbow separated from my body early.

nice to hear. not about the funeral, but that the golf swing is coming back.

nice to hear. not about the funeral, but that the golf swing is coming back.

actually went to the range again today and I could now feel it when I missed. if i am too fast from the top i miss left

if i lose my right elbow from my body, i miss right, assuming OTT is back again

slow and right arm under control and I was hitting it much better

going to get out again on thursday and keep trying to groove that feeling.

actually went to the range again today and I could now feel it when I missed. if i am too fast from the top i miss left

if i lose my right elbow from my body, i miss right, assuming OTT is back again

slow and right arm under control and I was hitting it much better

going to get out again on thursday and keep trying to groove that feeling.

I really think that is all that you can do. Keep grinding and hope to find it in there one day.

I really think that is all that you can do. Keep grinding and hope to find it in there one day.

If I can now hit the balls and truly know when I have hit them correctly, by feel and flight anyway, I think that the range sessions will be much better. Plus the rain has finally stopped in norcal so the grass areas at the range will be opening soon.

nicsherman, i have a shaft fitting question regarding the aldila voodoo. this has been a shaft i've been wanting to try for awhile now and plan on installing one in a new driver. i have no experience with it and was hoping you could give me a little guidance on choosing the right flex. while you don't have the benefit of seeing my swing, i can give you a little information. my last four drivers were fitted with the prolaunch red regular flex and the blueboard stiff flex. i find that both of these shafts produce a mid-level ball flight and similar distances. my recent average drives are between 240-255. I have an even tempo swing. a couple of days ago i read the voodoo being described as playing a little soft for their rated flex based on traditional cpm readings. based on the information i've gleaned off the internet, i seem to feel i fit somewhere between an RVS6 and an SVS6. any guidance would be most appreciated.

nicsherman, i have a shaft fitting question regarding the aldila voodoo. this has been a shaft i've been wanting to try for awhile now and plan on installing one in a new driver. i have no experience with it and was hoping you could give me a little guidance on choosing the right flex. while you don't have the benefit of seeing my swing, i can give you a little information. my last four drivers were fitted with the prolaunch red regular flex and the blueboard stiff flex. i find that both of these shafts produce a mid-level ball flight and similar distances. my recent average drives are between 240-255. I have an even tempo swing. a couple of days ago i read the voodoo being described as playing a little soft for their rated flex based on traditional cpm readings. based on the information i've gleaned off the internet, i seem to feel i fit somewhere between an RVS6 and an SVS6. any guidance would be most appreciated.

I think that you would like the feel of the SVS6 more than the RVS6. VooDoo and BlueBoard are very similar in feel, so a Stiff BB would lead me to say SVS6. On a personal note, I hate the VooDoo. I have Never liked any club with that shaft in it. But, different strokes to different folks.

I think that you would like the feel of the SVS6 more than the RVS6. VooDoo and BlueBoard are very similar in feel, so a Stiff BB would lead me to say SVS6. On a personal note, I hate the VooDoo. I have Never liked any club with that shaft in it. But, different strokes to different folks.

Thank you for your assistance, nicsherman. Can you elaborate a little on what you didn't like about the Voodoo? I've read a few things about its performance, but don't recall reading anything subjective regarding its feel. With regards to Adila shafts, I had an NV installed in a driver once and disliked it. I hit a friend's NVS and thought even less of it. I was told the Voodoo with its VS technology plays differently.

Thank you for your assistance, nicsherman. Can you elaborate a little on what you didn't like about the Voodoo? I've read a few things about its performance, but don't recall reading anything subjective regarding its feel. With regards to Adila shafts, I had an NV installed in a driver once and disliked it. I hit a friend's NVS and thought even less of it. I was told the Voodoo with its VS technology plays differently.

I have played the NV for years, and still Game the Pink NV in my fairway wood. I just am not a fan of the VooDoo. For whatever reason, I cannot make a repeating swing with this shaft. I have tried it in every possible flex and head, and nothing works... for me. I thought I would love this shaft, but i was wrong.

Nic, that's interesting, I'm completely the opposite. I played the NV in my driver for a bit and I hated it. I didn't think it had much "feel," just extremely boardy. On the other hand, I really liked the Voodoo when I demo'd it. It feels extremely lively, even in the stiff flex, but yet it doesn't perform like a noodle - nice mid/low trajectory. Interesting how different products feel totally different in different hands.

• Like 1

Sac - I noticed that you are playing out of Haggin ?

IIRC, Leith Anderson (clubmaker) plays out of there as well - He has a standing offer for anyone to join him for a round every week. One helluva clubmaker, smart guy - know him ?

rob

Nic, that's interesting, I'm completely the opposite. I played the NV in my driver for a bit and I hated it. I didn't think it had much "feel," just extremely boardy. On the other hand, I really liked the Voodoo when I demo'd it. It feels extremely lively, even in the stiff flex, but yet it doesn't perform like a noodle - nice mid/low trajectory. Interesting how different products feel totally different in different hands.

It just be the feel of the Voodoo that puts me off. I have given up trying to figure it out. I only know that I have to test whatever I an gonna buy, or the results will not be good.

when you are hitting the face of the club on the toe, the ball should hook if you are releasing the club properly. Standing closer to the ball will encourage the sole of the club to contact the ground TOE first. This should cause the ball to go right. Bending the club upright will only exacerbate the hooking flight. It sounds like you are coming across the ball from out to in with a closed clubface, a recipe for the lefts. How tall are you?

In my GolfTEC lesson, one of the things that the instructor pointed out was that I shouldn't be addressing the ball without the toe of my iron at least pointing up a little. He had me carry my hands lower at address, which effectively did just that. Do you agree with that? Just curious to get your opinion from a fitters point of view.

Yeah, same here. I've found all the NV shafts very board like for their flex - even the NVS. Just not the shafts for me. On the other hand, the Mitsubishi Diamana series which has been making its way into a lot of clubs lately seems to work pretty well.

Yeah, same here. I've found all the NV shafts very board like for their flex - even the NVS. Just not the shafts for me. On the other hand, the Mitsubishi Diamana series which has been making its way into a lot of clubs lately seems to work pretty well.

I think Mitsubishi makes some very nice shafts, but you do need to pay attention to whether or not you're getting a true Whiteboard/Blueboard/etc or if you're getting a "made for" shaft. If you like the way it performs, I guess it doesn't really matter, but it is something to consider.

I think Mitsubishi makes some very nice shafts, but you do need to pay attention to whether or not you're getting a true Whiteboard/Blueboard/etc or if you're getting a "made for" shaft. If you like the way it performs, I guess it doesn't really matter, but it is something to consider.

Good point. The Launcher DST Cleveland just sent me for review says "Mitsubishi Rayon design for Cleveland Golf". I assume that is what you are referring to?

Good point. The Launcher DST Cleveland just sent me for review says "Mitsubishi Rayon design for Cleveland Golf". I assume that is what you are referring to?

Yup. Similar to the Matrix shafts in the Adams Fast 10's, the Mitsubishis in the original Nike Sasquatch's...plenty of examples.

More importantly, how can I get companies to send me free clubs?

Yup. Similar to the Matrix shafts in the Adams Fast 10's, the Mitsubishis in the original Nike Sasquatch's...plenty of examples.

More importantly, how can I get companies to send me free clubs?

Titleist does that with the VooDoo and the Whiteboard too.

In my GolfTEC lesson, one of the things that the instructor pointed out was that I shouldn't be addressing the ball without the toe of my iron at least pointing up a little. He had me carry my hands lower at address, which effectively did just that. Do you agree with that? Just curious to get your opinion from a fitters point of view.

I am more concerned with position at impact, and ball flight, than position at address. In the old days, toe a little in the air was how we fit for lie angle. Toe up at address was to allow a little toe droop during the swing. We now use a little more sophisticated technology for lie angle fitting....