Fitting Questions?????

Hey OG. Don't mean to interject, but does your Club Champion fitting include the whole bag or just drivers? If you can do irons with them, maybe you should wait to see what they recommend before changing anything on your current clubs?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Wow OG. That is quite the sticker bush. Going from flat to 2 up is quite a change. Also consider that 1/2 in length will add a bit more upright. I believe i was told 1 degree for every inch. So it might in actuality be 2.5 up you are going.

Now for me that would be perfect. I have a lot of faith in PING based on past experiences.

But i understand your hesitation.

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Wow OG. That is quite the sticker bush. Going from flat to 2 up is quite a change. Also consider that 1/2 in length will add a bit more upright. I believe i was told 1 degree for every inch. So it might in actuality be 2.5 up you are going.

Now for me that would be perfect. I have a lot of faith in PING based on past experiences.

I have faith in Ping as well; however I've never personally met anyone at a DSG that I would allow to regrip a club, let alone fit me into anything. I'd definitely get a second opinion, OG, before I let anyone touch those Pings.

• Like 2

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I have faith in Ping as well; however I've never personally met anyone at a DSG that I would allow to regrip a club, let alone fit me into anything. I'd definitely get a second opinion, OG, before I let anyone touch those Pings.

True. I forgot we were talking about Dicks. Fir sime reason i had his fitting from CC in mind.

• Like 2

Hey OG. Don't mean to interject, but does your Club Champion fitting include the whole bag or just drivers? If you can do irons with them, maybe you should wait to see what they recommend before changing anything on your current clubs?

No my fitting includes driver, fairways, & hybrids.    

I have an opportunity to swap out my irons for the exact specs I need for a set from Callaway Preowned.   The difference being the irons are Steelhead with graphite shafts.   I actually wanted graphite in the first place with the Pings but trying to save a few bucks went with steel.  Now for $148.00 difference I can get the Cally irons and move back into graphite.    If I send the Pings back to the factory they will make the adjustments for $12.00 per club which will cost me $72.00 but I'll have the steel shafts.   

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

I went thst route once in going with steel over recoil (which had worked great for me in the past) to save a few bucks, and regretted it.

• Like 2

I went thst route once in going with steel over recoil (which had worked great for me in the past) to save a few bucks, and regretted it.

Yep and that's why I made take the deal  for the Callys with graphite.   I'm waiting on a buyer from craigslist to get back with me.   If I get what I want then it will make sense to hop back on the graphite train.  Gawd I do some dumb things at times and regret it later.  :wacko:

• Like 5

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently gaming a Cobra Fly Z set at 9 deg, with a Graffalloy Bi-Matrix shaft in X flex.  I installed the Bi-matrix shaft in hopes of bringing ball flight and spin rate down.  It's worked, but not nearly enough.  Am contemplating a new driver (Low Spin Model) but also have had thoughts of doing a hot melt job on the Fly Z and positioning the Hot Melt high and forward in the head.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm currently gaming a Cobra Fly Z set at 9 deg, with a Graffalloy Bi-Matrix shaft in X flex. I installed the Bi-matrix shaft in hopes of bringing ball flight and spin rate down. It's worked, but not nearly enough. Am contemplating a new driver (Low Spin Model) but also have had thoughts of doing a hot melt job on the Fly Z and positioning the Hot Melt high and forward in the head. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

It's going to help a little bit but not that much. If you really need to lower ball flight, you need a club with less loft that will kill the spin. Try an 8.5 M3 set to lower with both weights pushed all the way forward and a rogue silver 70X. If you're spinning that too much, you have a swing flaw that's causing that much spin.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

• 2 weeks later...

So I went through an extensive driver fitting today.  As I thought..actually worse than I thought...On trackman my current setup was generating over 5500 rpm of spin...whoa.  Ended up getting fit into a Callaway Rogue Sub Zero, Evenflow Black X flex at 45 inches.  The Trackman numbers are Clubhead 115.7, Ball speed 173.7, launch 11.5, spin 1678 all for 298.2 Carry, 329.3 total distance.  Worked out I thinkPART_1525127927209_20180430_142727.jpg?d

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Im pulling the cash out for new clubs. Most likeky 716 AP1. Loved them when I hit them. Always played standard and kind of wanted to do a fitting. Lets says if they fit me for drastic changes, will I go through a learning curve if sorts besise adjusting to distances?

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Im pulling the cash out for new clubs. Most likeky 716 AP1. Loved them when I hit them. Always played standard and kind of wanted to do a fitting. Lets says if they fit me for drastic changes, will I go through a learning curve if sorts besise adjusting to distances?

You were fit based on your swing, so there shouldn't be changes there. But based on weight changes , shaft performance, and how the club feels it may take you a little Time to get used to the new set

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I am puzzle why I am able to hit the ball best using Taylormade Rac 7 os graphit ultralight soft tip irons with golf pride medium grips.

Any ideas why?

Because the clubs are perfect for you. Why even consider getting fit?

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I have an MP-18 (full blade) iron set.

I would love if Mizuno made a 50-degree gap wedge in this iron set but they don't.

If I buy a 46-degree pitching wedge, is it a good idea to adjust the loft 4-5 degree to effectively turn the pitching wedge into a gap wedge?

I think the effective bounce of the newly bent gap wedge will be higher than the pitching wedge, but will this be an issue?

I understand there's a risk of breaking the iron head but I am not too worried about that.

What else should I be thinking about if I do this?

I'm buying a new set of irons (srixon 565). I was fit for plus a half inch. Unfortunately, Srixon is out of PW and 9 iron heads and won't be making anymore with the release of the new 585 (that I'm not really interested in). So, I can't order a custom set from Srixon.

My question..... Is adding a half inch extension to a set of stock clubs the same as getting a custom length from the manufacturer or does it jack up the swing weight and kick point?

Thanks!

Roll Tide

• 1 month later...

I have a Ping G400 SFT.

I had 3 upcharge options.

They tested me and said to put in a Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi Stiff shaft. I bought the driver at a PGA Super Store. I hit it and the SFT does do what it says. Ball mostly goes straight but not enough yardage for 95-102 swing speed. I think the driver has to much spin. I should have taken the Project X HZRDUS Yellow stiff, yes? Do you have suggestions for a low spin, lighter shaft? The Ping head is heavy compared to other top brands.

Thanks!

I have a Ping G400 SFT.

They tested me and said to put in a Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi Stiff shaft. I bought the driver at a PGA Super Store. I hit it and the SFT does do what it says. Ball mostly goes straight but not enough yardage for 95-102 swing speed. I think the driver has to much spin. I should have taken the Project X HZRDUS Yellow stiff, yes? Do you have suggestions for a low spin, lighter shaft? The Ping head is heavy compared to other top brands.

Thanks!

Mitsubishi CK Tensi Orange

Aldila Rouge Black

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I have a Ping G400 SFT.

Thanks!

What were your numbers with the 3 shafts?