Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ping I15's

DBOGEY

Just curious if anyone has hit the I15's with KBS and DG S300? Was there a noticeable difference in feel and launch angle? I have AP2's with DG S3's and thinking about picking up a 2nd set.

Thanks,

DBOGEY

The KBS stiff (or 5.5) is a little lighter and will play a little softer than the DG S300. You may also get a higher ball flight with the KBS. See page 183 of the following: http://www.hirekogolf.com/hireko/webpages/books/modern_guide_shaft_fitting/2009_SFA_Chapter_5.pdf

I personally like the KBS better, but that's just me.

The KBS stiff (or 5.5) is a little lighter and will play a little softer than the DG S300. You may also get a higher ball flight with the KBS. See page 183 of the following: http://www.hirekogolf.com/hireko/webpages/books/modern_guide_shaft_fitting/2009_SFA_Chapter_5.pdf

I personally like the KBS better, but that's just me.

The KBS Tour will play and feel quite q bit lighter than the DG S300. Also the dispersion is fantastic with the KBS Tour.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

No, but I REALLY like the ZZ-65's in my set of Raptures and I5's.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I think KBS makes a better shaft. If there's a weight issue, I would suggest getting out the lead tape and perhaps going to a heavier grip.

Heavier grips will reduce the swingweight, but make the overall club weight heavier. Lead taping will increase overall weight and swingweight. So I would toy around with the lead tape first and just feel around to see what you like best if you go to a lighter KBS shaft (KBS stiff flex is only 7 grams lighter than S300).

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Archived