9 hours ago, revkev said:

Thanks we saw the preview when we went to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and were considering this one - should be our next date night.

... My two favorite films for 2019. 👍   I am not sure I have ever seen a film get such polarizing reviews from both critics and the public. Not many 2/3 star reviews, just 4 and 0 stars. That in and of itself tells you something. It has been several days and it is still pretty active in my consciousness, and that is also pretty rare. I look forward to your thoughts on the movie. 

Edited by chisag

... I really can't remember the last time I walked out of a theater with absolutely zero reservations about giving a film 4 stars. There is always something I need to think about or something that causes me to deduct 1/2 star or more. The Joker is a masterpiece on every level: Story, acting, cinematography and soundtrack. Joaquin Phoenix should win the Best Performance Academy Award and all other awards for Performance. We saw it in Imax and I went in thinking it was unnecessary, but it deserves to be seen on the largest screen possible with an excellent sound system. 

... SPOILER ALERT: I wil not give anything away but be warned it is a disturbing, depressing and very, very dark film. 

I haven't seen it yet but my kids have and two of my sons said almost exactly what you did. They haven't been able to stop talking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1