Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Using A Retro Style Golf Bags

Hey guys, New member of forum here

I was looking to buy a new golf bag for next year as I jus started getting back into the game this summer. I was hoping to find something a little different that doesn't look the same as all the other bags. I ended looking at this list of retro golf bags or at least retro looking golf bags and I thought they looked awesome.

I like the old school look way more than the newer bags but I don't know if it's worth the extra weight and lack of pockets. 

What do you guys think?

I would think this is a very personal choice.  I play when it’s up to 120 out, so for me I need an insulated cooler to bring a water bottle.  Must fit a hydro flask.  I also like 14 full length dividers.

if you want the retro look have you thought about goodwill?  Se me they always have some old style bags there?

I like some Retro in one form or another. I like retro golf bags too. But not for usage on the course. They're usually not as functional as newer bags and I guess that's the biggest reason for me. I have a couple authentic bags I'm saving for display purposes in our First Tee office one day. Other than that...

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

The old ones look nice, but I don’t miss the weight, or picking them up off the ground 80 times a round. For a cart bag, I just can’t see having the weight in and out of the car, and I use my cart bag when I travel, so I can’t see adding more pounds at weigh-in for air travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX