GolfSpy MPR

What's the most fragile part of your game?

Fragility  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most fragile part of your game?

• Driving
    • Approach
    • Short game
    • Putting

I would say it was/is my 3h.  My other hybrids do what I expect and desire, but for whatever reason my 3 hybrid does not play well unless I give it a lot of ongoing care and love.  Lately, I have not even been carrying it on some rounds where a "soft" 4h can get the same results.  

The other fragile part of my game is loading the rightsize of the body for a good hip turn lest I hack a hook.

• Like 2

Definitely driving for me.  On days when I can keep the ball on the planet, I can shoot in the low/mid 70s.  Approach shots aren't so hard if they're reasonably short and from the fairway.  Golf's much tougher when you're punching out of the forest or re-teeing your third.  There are days I'll hit 5i off the tee, because that's the longest thing I can keep on the golf course.  When I play a golf course with some width (unlike most courses around here, hacked out of forests), it's so much easier for me.

• Like 2

Had a good laugh at my options but backed off and thougt how great of a questin this is. 

Approach and short game can suffer but in general seldom does it ever cost me much. 

I was going back and forth between putter and driver. I get up and down at a high  % usually and when Idont its my putting from 3-5'. Seldom muktiple rounds in a row. Seldom 3 putt. 

I put driver since I dont ususlly carry one. I use 3w or 5w off the tee and hybrids. If I dont get off the box well, its tough for me to score. 

• Like 1

Has to be iron play. If I’m hitting greens in regulation, even though I may not putt well, I’ll still shoot high 70s low 80s. But as soon as I start missing greens, the worst part of my game, chipping, then has to come in to play more often, therefore increasing my scores significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Pretty even split between my wallet and my schedule 😉 

Having enough time and money to play and practice is tough... and that doesn't even include new equipment!

• Like 1

Great question.  I chose short game, specifically short chips, as my most troubling aspect of the game.   I practice a lot and generally do decent, controlling trajectory and distance with clean strikes.  On the course, however, my brain disengages and, despite knowing exactly HOW to chip, my hands suddenly get a mind of their own and it's ugly.  Not every shot, but frequently enough to be a problem for me. 20-75 yards aren't typically a problem -- it's those pesky short shots that get me.  

Long approach shot for me. In particular a fairway wood.............four or seven, it doesn't make a difference, they both hate me.