pozzit

MP-33 used irons experiment

I decided to start looking for some old used blades to get a good perception around what I "should" play and what I aspire to play. Ended up finding these bad boys when going to test the MP-20 MB (so nice) and for $100 I couldn't say no they are in good shape and feel great... Until they don't. 20191011_211513.jpeg.b3a3163f7cfc3cdee2586a6a1e7e11cf.jpeg

20191011_211624.jpeg.0cb69ff71a790f89cda05a8d2b625273.jpeg

They are so shinny and so clean and so small compared to my current r11 this is a 6iron compare20191011_211858.jpeg.c4aacaf8266cbef91a9fa752a513f9ea.jpeg

Looking forward to get these on the course play around with workability see what todays "tech" really means. I don't expect to game these for a full season but want to train my brain and body for center strikes and work my way into what actually right for my game. I would love to do an HMB MB combo set.

Anyone else have some MP-33 or Anyone have a set of old blade they take out for fun?

I'm also looking for a little restoration on the 6 iron face and some tiny rust specs on the back but I don't want to damage any chrome. Any suggestions?

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I did the hard rock challenge this summer (a day late so I didn't record it in that thread) with some Pinnacle Rush balls and some early 80's Wilson Staff Fluid Feels. Once I got over the fact that 9=8 and so on, it was a blast. I wouldn't have known I was playing with a rock. I didn't shoot any worse than I was playing that course with my regulars at the time. 

Those look awesome and were a steal at 100 bucks!

• Like 1

Yea hitting this at Dicks I realized quickly that I need 2 extra clubs easy since my clubs are 4+ degrees weaker and less face flex. I haven't hit them on the course I always find the launch monitors off with my gamers so we will see what the course has for me.

I'm doing some clean up, regripping, new paint infill and little wax to clean it up will post pictures when I'm finished.

I'm excited to hit the course since I've never played blades... probably not the best idea to bring it out when it's 50° but hey we play with what we are given

Nice find!! Love the Mizuno and the MP33 is one of the most timeless designs they have made. Enjoy the sweet feel!

BT

On 10/16/2019 at 7:03 PM, pozzit said:

Yea hitting this at Dicks I realized quickly that I need 2 extra clubs easy since my clubs are 4+ degrees weaker and less face flex. I haven't hit them on the course I always find the launch monitors off with my gamers so we will see what the course has for me.

I'm doing some clean up, regripping, new paint infill and little wax to clean it up will post pictures when I'm finished.

I'm excited to hit the course since I've never played blades... probably not the best idea to bring it out when it's 50° but hey we play with what we are given

Yea but, so what. It’s just a number. But conversely, your short game will be more predictable from 150 in. I’ll hit my 5 iron for 170 and after that I’m into hybrids anyways, and lets face it, not many people are money from that distance anyways.

my index hasn’t suffered at all going back to blades. And the feel from those clubs will send a pleasant chill to your brain on well struck shots.

cant wait to see em when you’re done...