Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Evnroll ER2B Putter

Golfspy_CG2

Ever since Evnroll putters came on the scene a couple years ago as the surprising winner of the My Golf Spy Most Wanted putter, it's been on a roll ever since.   The latest model it's ER2B has a high standard to live up to, and we have selected four members to test, review and report their results back to the forum.  That begins this week as you can check in with them over the next four to six weeks to see how they are performing.

ER 2

The Testers are

@ncwoz                  Stage 1                          Stage 2

@Wedgie                Stage 1                          Stage 2

@Tsmithjr9             Stage 1                          Stage 2

@KurtActual          Stage 1                           Stage 2

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Stage Two - Evnroll ER2B – Official MGS Forum Review by ncwoz

Intro

I'm looking to summarize my findings after spending the last few months with the Evnroll ER2B putter in my bag. Unfortunately for us northerners, the wet end to the season transitioned to a chilly late fall, which abbreviated the amount of on-course testing I was able to do. I was able to get in 9 rounds in before my fear of frostbite won out. I can also honestly say I’ve spent more time on the putting green than I ever have before!

As it’s gotten colder, I’ve transitioned to exclusive practicing in my living room. This consists of laying a pint glass on it’s side roughly 15’ across the room, and trying to putt balls into the glass. It’s just on the shag of our apartment (so probably about 1.5 on the stimpmeter ), but is a good test of starting putts on-line.

Looks (9 out of 10 points) 

I honestly love the blacked out color scheme, head and shaft (and headcover), up to the red and white grip. I love the clean look at address, the subtle alignment features and the curved flange off the back side. The flange does almost give an optical illusion that the putter head flares out in the back, but it turns out my eyes were just fooling me.

The only complaint I have on the looks (and this is soo minor), is that there’s a bit too much text on the bottom of the putter head. It feels a bit busy to me, but then again, a name like Guerian’s deserves to be shown off. Definitely splitting hairs, but from address this thing is perfect.

Sound & Feel (8 out of 10 points)

Off the face, the putter is smooooth. I’ve only ever tried insert faces and solid faces, but to me the milled face felt very similar to an insert. My Ping Cushin is very clicky, both sound and feel, and I liked feeling the ER2B’s soft and more muted face.

It was also much harder to feel the difference in heel and toe strikes, compared to the Ping. Although I don’t think that’s a bad thing; that just means the sweet face is working, right?

Basic Characteristics (18 out of 20 points)

As I commented in the thread, it took me almost a full month to get used to the ER2B. At least as far as blades go, I’m not sure these putters could be any more different. I think the difference in face-balancing was the most difficult for me to get used to.  But once I got past those first few weeks, it began performing very well.

The head is very stable. It gives a lot of confidence in consistently starting the ball on line. The distance control performance is also noticeably better, especially with left-to-right off-center putts. I didn’t feel quite the same forgiveness vertically on the face, but I also realized through this testing that my contact varies horizontally more than vertically.

On-Course Performance (30 out of 30 points)

More of the same here: I didn’t find a single situation where I felt like the putter was a source of doubt on the course. Unfortunately I’m still no Nicklaus putting, so I still have my share of bad strokes and bad reads.

Comparing the two putters this season, I averaged 34.7 putts per 18 with the Cushin, and 33.4 putts with the Evnroll. How about my scoring over that stretch? 93.8 and 94.5 for the Cushin and Evnroll, respectively.

Personally, I think those numbers are too close, with too many confounding variables, to draw any conclusions directly from those comparisons. Seeing the average putts lower with the Evnroll obviously suggests its superiority over the Cushin. However, seeing the overall scores higher during my Evnroll rounds could also suggest my tee to green game was weaker during those rounds, so I may have had less distance to putt during those rounds. These stats also don’t take into account good or bad reads.

Going into testing I knew these stats had a potential to be murky, so I decided to come up with a more direct comparison. With the cup in my living room I mentioned earlier, I tracked total putts, putts that hit the cup, and putts that made it into the cup. With the Cushin, 55.5% of my putts hit the cup, and 19.0% I made in the cup. With the Evnroll, those numbers upticked to 59.0% and 24.5%. And those improvements were despite the learning curve I experienced with the Evnroll. To me, this test confirmed what I suspected during testing: that the Evnroll gave me a marked improvement over the Cushin putter.

Miscellaneous (10 out of 10 points)

The Evnroll brand didn’t disappoint me here. Everything from the finish on the putter, the headcover color scheme, the packaging, the customer service was all spot on. I’ve gotten a number of comments at how great the putter looks as well. Absolutely no complaints from this guy!

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

This is a no-brainer for me; I’m playing it! It gives me way too much confidence and consistency to doubt sticking this right in my bag.

I will also say, however, I think it’s important to match your stroke to an appropriately balanced putter. I think the mid-blade balance of the ER2B works well for me (slight arc), but I was so accustomed to the extremely toe-weighted Cushin because I’d gamed it so long. I think that’s what made the adjustment more difficult than I was anticipating. But, lucky for you, Evnroll appears to have a pretty solid spectrum of heads to choose from. And this test did convince me that the Sweet Face technology really does help roll consistent putts.

The biggest factor that would be a deterrent for me if I was on the market for a new putter is the price. My golf game is still very much on a budget, so right now this putter wouldn’t even be within reach for me. It’s hard for me to say if that would be different if I had a little more jingle in my pockets, but if price is not a hindrance for you I’d fully recommend the Evnroll ER2B.

Conclusion

The Evnroll ER2B is not only a fantastic performer, it’s also a fantastic looking putter. Coming in at $369 off the shelf, it’s not for everyone. But, if the price doesn’t scare you (how much did you pay for your last driver?) you should give this putter a serious chance. Evnroll has the complete package: market-setting technology, product quality from the grip to the head, and great aesthetics to boot. In true MGS fashion, you really should get fit for your putter. But whatever kind of putter you get fit into, make sure to give the Evnroll model a shot! The Sweet Face works!

Final Score: 95/100

Well done Evnroll, and thank you MGS for the chance to test this sucker out!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Stage 1 – Evnroll ER2 Midblade Black – Wedgie – 10-31-19

BREAKING NEWS:  Halloween 2019, East Greenwich, RI.  There is a man on the loose wielding a murdered out putter.  It appears to be an Evnroll ER2 Midblade Black Putter.  The man is described as being in his early 50’s, about 6 feet tall wearing khaki shorts with a royal blue Nike quarter zip top.  He is wanted for multiple robberies.  The robberies occurred at Valley Country Club on and around the 18th hole.  If you see this man do not approach because he is known to carry a weapon on the golf course.

IMG_1032.thumb.jpg.a63fda4ffb0f4a6ca58f5cdbd087b858.jpg

I can’t believe they interrupted the Price is Right for that story.  Wait…it’s me they are talking about!  Yeah, it is like stealing when you’re rocking an Evnroll putter but that money was earned fair and square.  I need to tell my story so I don’t go to the slammer and do hard time for a crime I didn’t commit. 

IMG_1036.thumb.jpg.76aba6b346a72b5db7066e3fb0134095.jpg

I married a TV personality that gave it up several years ago to focus on our now 14 year old twins.  I grew up in the Midwest and graduated high school with a Heisman Trophy winner who at the time I considered a friend.  The quickest insight to me is that when I tell the Heisman story I tell people he went to school with ME, not the other way around.  I graduated from the University of Kansas like everyone in my immediate family and my dad was the Jayhawk mascot when he went there.  I moved to New England in 97 and doubt I’d ever go back to Kansas to live.  New England has a ton to offer with beaches, mountains, seasons and golf.

IMG_1030.thumb.jpg.72bd36b4bf68655b682c299ef5fb47b9.jpg

My golf life started as a kid when I’d steal my dad’s driver while he was at work.  We lived close to a public course so my brothers and I always had a huge stash of balls we’d get from wondering the course.  I’d take the driver, walk to the Arkansas River at the end of my street and try to hit balls over it.  I honestly don’t think I ever did get one all the way over until I was in high school.  My other golf lessons were on the driving range when hitting the biggest slice was how we determined the winner between me and my brothers.  Yeah, not a good way to learn the game but that is how I did.

IMG_1039.thumb.jpg.6dff2ff42c5084c36566ad6d5355d2bc.jpg

I belong to a Country Club that I would describe as long.  I’ve taken GolfSpy_Stroker there and he would describe it as short.  I guess that is part of what makes golf so unique to every individual.  The greens at my home course can be very fast at times but tend to slow down this time of year.  Since joining the club I’ve noticed a significant uptick in 3 putts so I jumped at the chance to test the ER2.

IMG_1033.thumb.jpg.1ed0fcf557090ec6d5d46f7fe3dc343b.jpg

Prior to testing I was in Dallas for business and hit the PGA Superstore to test the putter to see if it would be a good match for me and if I should apply to test.  The stock 35” ER2 Midblade Black seemed to fit the bill.  Once selected as an official tester Evnroll called and did an over the phone fitting.  Basic questions such as length, loft and lie.  He stumped me a bit when he asked if my hands were in front or behind the ball at impact.   I didn’t know to be honest but since I don’t forward press he felt the standard 2 degrees of loft would be fine.  I also felt he talked me out of the Gravity Grip by saying it was shaped differently than the SNSR grip I use on a few of my putters so I should go with the standard grip.

IMG_1029.thumb.jpg.fa50dd809551af3c53c6af99cf6cc025.jpg

When the putter arrived it looked awesome.  I yanked it out of the box and I could feel the weight of the putter was much greater than I am used to.  Not a bad thing at all, just noticeable.  I was immediately drawn to the quality of the putter.  It is literally the nicest putter I have ever laid hands on.  The black shaft, black grip and black putter head are badass and Evnroll accents the putter in all the right places with red.  I went straight to my master bedroom for some putting.  Now I have a fairly new home but it’s nice because I can practice straight 15 footers in the master, a double breaker in my son’s room and a left to right putt in my daughter’s room.  Regardless of my homes foundation I hit my first putt and literally thought to myself, oh wow!  The putter itself just felt amazing.  Almost like I have been mishitting every putter I’ve ever used my entire life.  I grabbed my current gamer, Wilson Windy City, and rolled a few and immediately noticed the difference in the roll.  I could hear the skid on the carpet from the Wilson putter and I’d say the ER2 rolled straighter almost like it was taking some of the break out of the putts.  It was weird.

IMG_1035.thumb.jpg.bdeee1c8ef52b3bf2ee975b7fc214946.jpg

Evnroll claims their face technology in a nutshell slows down center impact strikes which effectively speeds up off center hits so you get consistent distances regardless of where you strike the ball.  I did notice I was coming up short putt after putt until I got used to the differences between putters.  The putter head is a little thicker, front to back, than a traditional blade with a straight white sight line which I’ll touch on in stage 2.  The head cover is very nice as well.  It closes via magnets which I love.  Given the larger head size of the putter it took me a few holes to smoothly get the putter out of the cover without it getting hung up. 

IMG_1047.thumb.JPG.205edbb15b841cf7bd63923426d6f534.JPG

Since my testing has already begun I’ve played a ton of golf and spent countless hours on the practice green working with this putter.  I came into the testing averaging 1.8 putts per hole but I miss a lot of greens. Given that info I don’t think my putts per hole average will outweigh my gut when determining if this putter will stay in the bag or not.

IMG_1045.thumb.jpg.1478ef93d539cad0cf1c18570b71cfc6.jpg

Most of all thank you MGS and Evnroll for this awesome opportunity to test the ER2 Midblade Black putter.  I am happy to answer any questions or do any type of testing you guys want.  Just let me know what you would like to see.  And come back to find out if I was apprehended.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Stage Two - Evnroll ER2B – Official MGS Forum Review by Wedgie

Intro

First off let me apologize for the delay in getting my stage 2 posted.  I started testing late in the season and when the season ended I failed to fulfill my obligation to the community in a timely manner. Testing proved to be both fun and frustrating and I hope to explain why in my review. 

IMG_1050.thumb.JPG.c912497339e9e54e08e5d275da03f9c8.JPG

Looks (10 out of 10 points) 

The putter looks awesome!  I consider myself sort of the king of cheap putters and when I pull this beauty out it is the highest quality putter I have ever had.  The black on black on black with red accents makes it look pretty bad ass and I have received several compliments and many people that just wanted to hit a few putts with it.  Many had heard of Evnroll but never had the chance to putt with one. 

The finish held up really well but I did see some slight marks on the face after putting on freshly aerated greens.  I quickly stopped putting after noticing the marks caused by sand on the balls I was using.  The shaft and head cover show no wear at all which again speaks to the quality of the product.

Sound & Feel (10 out of 10 points)

I mentioned this in my stage one but this is by far the best feeling putter I have ever used.  It shouts quality through and through and even my wife and daughter who never play commented on how it just felt different than the other putters I have floating around the house. I can almost compare the feel to my Launcher irons in that no matter where I hit the ball on the face it is hard to tell where I hit it unless I was really out on the toe. 

The sound was really dependent on the ball I was using.  If I close my eyes and putt with a Duo Soft ball it is hard to tell by sound if I actually hit the putt.  If I use a Z Star XV it is more of a clicking noise. The sound has not been a distraction at all and nothing out of the norm in terms of putters.

Basic Characteristics (15 out of 20 points)

For a 370 gram putter the Evnroll feels really heavy to me coming from a Ping Tess at 350 grams.  I never would have thought 20 grams would feel so different.  It took a lot of putts to keep me from blasting past the hole and getting a better rhythm and tempo with this putter. Once I dialed that by slowing everything down 3 putts never really happened as I almost always found myself within tap-in range after my first putt.  My miss was definitely left with the Evnroll and at 22 degrees it has a lot less toe hang than I usually play with. 

I found the sight line to be a big distraction to me.  The way it is set back from the face really only helped me find the center of the club and offered no alignment benefit to me. So much so I blacked it out which made a significant difference in how the putter performed for me. 

On-Course Performance (20 out of 30 points)

After a ton of practice at home and on the putting green I took this beauty out on the course and was on fire.  By about the 13th hole my partners where almost giving me everything inside 10 feet.  I could not miss.  Unfortunately the fun only lasted that day.  My distance control with the Evnroll was by far the best it has ever been but after day one I could not for the life of me hit a putt.  When you miss greens like I do you need a putter that is money inside 5 feet and that is where my struggles with this putter are.

3 footer for birdie…,miss!  5 footer to save par….miss!  2 footer for bogey....miss!  It was strange, I eliminate 3 putts but can’t hit a 2 footer for the life of me.  I found myself doing things that felt unnatural to me to try to help like changing my grip, my stance, my tempo and never could get comfortable with this putter. 

These issues reared their ugly head when I traveled to Florida with some friends and played for some sizeable money.  I had 7 birdie putts inside 5 feet and missed all of them over the course of 6 rounds.  It cost me big when you need birdies for skins.

IMG_1049.thumb.JPG.de438a09a15b1f2b723689ca5c54bafa.JPG

Miscellaneous (9 out of 10 points)

The Evnroll ER2B is a great putter for the right golfer but I have come to the conclusion that I really did not have a good fit at all.  I rolled the exact specs ordered at the PGASS and loved it but that did not translate to the course.  The quality is there, the looks are there and if I had it to do all over again I would have found a place I could have been fit or passed on the testing if I could not get a good fit with this head. I would not hesitate at all to try another Evnroll that may be a better fit for me because the feel and distance control were amazing.

Play it or Trade it? (10 out of 20 points)

I want to love this putter so much but I just can’t.  Everything about this putter is wonderful except the fit I gave myself.  The roll is the truest I have ever seen and you can see it when you putt with an Evnroll putter.  Going back to my Ping Tess is like going from a Cadillac to a Ford Fiesta but it gets me to where I need to get more efficiently.  It will not stay in my bag and it will pass it along to another forum member who may benefit from it. 

IMG_1048.thumb.JPG.e0a207bda21a0a6bdd1d02cb222f0505.JPG

Conclusion

There is no doubt Evnroll make a high quality putter and the face technology is the real deal.  I would not hesitate to purchase an Evnroll putter in the future if I could find a place to get fit.  The feel is addictive and the roll is silky smooth.  I see why this putter gets such rave reviews and I look forward to purchasing a better fitting Evnroll in the near future. 

Final Score: 74 out of 100

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Hi Everyone!

My name is Tom and I am excited to review this Evnroll putter. I play out of Northeast Ohio, and I play until it starts to snow. This year my season has been cut a bit short too, but not because of weather. My wife and I just had our first child last Saturday, a baby girl, which is a bit more exciting than a new putter (sorry MGS). The weather is still good, so maybe I can sneak out if momma allows me.

I started golfing in middle school, thanks to my dad and lots of family members who play. He passed now, but I still play with my sister a lot, she was the one who made varsity golf all 4 years of high school. If I can’t play with any of the family I usually go out by myself at sunrise. I have friends that enjoy golf, but none of them are as serious as me, so they usually only want to play a very relaxed 9 holes after work. Nothing wrong with a practice round with them though. Those are the two biggest reasons why I play, the time spent with friends & family, as well as the peacefulness of being alone

My home course is Cossett Creek in Brunswick, Ohio. I play there because it’s one of the few non-flat courses on the west side of Cleveland, it’s inexpensive, and the pro works to make the round enjoyable. The conditions are probably slightly below average, but I enjoy it. My favorite courses in the area are Sugar Bush, Windmill Lakes, Fox Den, Rain Tree, and Gray Hawk. I will play anywhere within an hour or so of home, so that gives me about 100 courses to choose from.

I am not really brand loyal, but right now most of my bag is Titleist. I have a 915 D3 Driver with a Mitsubishi Diamana White X flex shaft, I was fitted into that. I carry a Cobra Fly-Z Fairway set at 16.5 and an Adams Gold Boxer Hybrid at 19. These I purchased for less than $30 each off eBay. My irons are Titleist 714 CB 4-PW with X100 shafts. I wasn’t fitted for these either, but after hitting clubs at golf galaxy the 718 CBs were by far the best performing, so I went shopping for an older model and found them. Wedges are Vokey 50-54-58. The Vokey 58-04 is the best club I’ve ever bought.

The putter I currently use is an Odyssey Versa #7. My friend has a #7 in his bag, and I used it and it just had such a good feel, I had to go get one of my own. I love the mallet and it feels so balanced. I put a Super Stroke Squared grip on it, and while it took some time to get used to the weighting change, it still works great. Before that I went really old school and carried an original Zebra putter, which was my dad’s, so maybe there was some sentimentality there. Before that I used a TaylorMade Rossa blade putter. I don’t remember the exact details, but it was the first one they put the gel-filled grooves on, so that is going back to 2006 or so. This Evnroll is the first blade I’ve used in about six years.

I play to a 7 handicap, up from a 3 last year. I’ve played about half as many rounds though. But my putting hasn’t suffered from it! I average just under 30 putts a round, and if I have a day with considerably less, it means I was chipping lights out, not sticking my irons. I don’t feel as though my putting is a liability, but I wouldn’t consider myself to be amazing. Ultra fast greens can mess me up pretty easily, but outside of that I want to say I have a 3-putt once every 3 to 4 rounds. I use a standard grip, but I interlock my fingers just like on my full shots. I am working on shortening my backstroke to stay inside my body and stop deceleration. I read greens well, and I play the break on my long putts, I don’t try to hit it through. On the 3 or 4 footers I try to bang it in the cup. Playing break on those can be dangerous if you are on unfamiliar greens.

Evnroll got off to a great start by having their PGA Tour rep call me and walk me through a fitting over the phone. What a first impression!! With his help I decided on the 355 gram head in 33 inches. I went 1 degree flat but left the loft standard. I have the oversize grip, but it looks like they offer bigger ones. Then the first impression when this putter arrived…

Murdered Out is the right description for this thing. The all black head, with black shaft is soooo pleasing to the eye. Just the small alignment in white is all this putter needs to look glamorous. You can never go wrong with the red logo and red on the grip to give this the perfect touch. Red and black always look good together. All this in a foam-lined box to protect everything, and a cool head cover with the strongest magnets on earth.

I want to use the interim time to provide pictures and breakdown of the technology and improvements. For starters, it already feels great in my hands. While I don’t have biases against this putter, or very much knowledge of Evnroll or other boutique putter companies, I want to close with something I think is true. I do not expect to drop from 30 to 22 putts a round because this is in my bag. With putters more than any other club, it’s the fiddler not the fiddle. I believe that once one is comfortable with the club and has a solid stroke, they will putt well with anything.   

Edited by Tsmithjr9

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Hi all! I know the suspense has been killing you, but here’s my stage 2 review. Last season ended abruptly for me between a wet fall and the birth of my daughter in October. I got in several rounds with the putter, on both fast & slow greens, used it in the living room over the off-season, and I been out twice with it so far this season. I apologize to everyone for my delay and if the review is not quite up to the standards of MGS. I will do better if given the opportunity in the future.

Looks (9 of 10)

This is an absolute beauty. The black and red color scheme is fantastic, and the black shaft makes a seamless transition into the clubhead. This putter is great to look at, but also very pleasing when standing over a putt. It’s a very clean looking head, with flanges or weighting components I may find distracting. The one thing, and it took me half a dozen rounds to find out, is that there are 2 dots on either side of the white line. But they’re also black, they need white or red paint fill.

Feel & Sound (9 of 10)

This is the first milled face putter I’ve ever used. But I did not notice any difference in feel between my gamer which has an insert (Odyssey #7) and the ER2. The ball seemed to spring off the face a bit more when on fast greens when compared to my #7 though. The ER2 produced the same muted click that my Odyssey does, so that was a pleasant surprise. Even if this putter made a higher pitched ‘ping’ noise, I wouldn’t be disappointed or distracted by it.

Basic Characteristics (12 of 20)

Evnroll sent me the 355-gram model, so while it felt a touch heavy at first, I quickly adapted. Otherwise, it’s a blade putter, I think it does what it says, and there’s a lot of technology in the package, but I was not overly impressed. The grip is very nice.

On-Course Performance (15 of 30)

If I played my home course or somewhere with similar green speeds, I was fine. Nothing out of the ordinary, I didn’t start running home every 15-footer, and I wasn’t all of a sudden missing 3- footers. My performance didn’t change. However, if I went to a course with fast greens, performance went in the toilet. One round I had 41 putts, I could not get a feel for this putter to save my life on fast greens. Even uphill putts were blowing past the hole. I thought the old adage was that you wanted a heavy putter on fast greens, after this test I could not disagree more.

Miscellaneous (10 of 10)

Evnroll made a fantastic first impression when their PGA Tour Rep called me. I’d never done a putter fitting, but him walking through all the specs with me over the phone was fantastic. It was a big step when they spent this much time on a club they were giving away. The package is there, it’s just not for me.

Play It or Trade It? (5 of 20)

I feel a little terrible, but this putter is not for me. Even with the fitting and the effort Evnroll put forth I am just not convinced this is the putter I should bag. Fast greens just destroyed all confidence I had in this putter. Alongside that I think that there were aspects that just don’t work for me. I have a very straight putter stroke, and the toe hang on this putter is no good for my stroke compared to my face balanced mallet. Even with the Evnroll set 1 degree flat and the over the phone fitting, it’s not for me. There is one thing I do like, and that is they fit me into a 33-inch putter. I love that length and felt so comfortable at set up. I’m just going to cut down my current model as I feel all the other aspects of the Odyssey fit my game better. The technology is there, the effort is there, the looks are fantastic, it’s just not for me.

Overall 60 out of 100

20200322_140036.jpg

20200322_140049.jpg

20200322_140137.jpg

20200322_140000.jpg

20200322_140013.jpg

Edited by Tsmithjr9
testing poster

Take Dead Aim

Looks (10 out of 10 points) 

Looks. Wow. I'd have to say this putter is a category leader when it comes to looks. The all matte-black components allow the user to focus completely on the single bold white alignment aid. The grip and its color compliment the red/black/white color scheme of the putter head.

The look of the putter at address provides a ton of confidence.

Sound & Feel (9 out of 10 points)

I have putted with both insert and non-insert milled face putters, and the Sweet Face technology on the EVNROLL feels like a blend of both. It's soft like an insert putter, but not dead feeling. There is no click like you get with a standard milled face either.

Basic Characteristics (13 out of 20 points)

MGS has given testers guidance on what makes up Basic Characteristics of putters. Two of the biggest ones were Accuracy and Distance Control. This is where I feel I have struggled the most with the ER2B. The distance control is phenomenal. I am consistently leaving the ball closer on long putts than I have with my last putter. I've reduced the number of three putts per round as well. Unfortunately, my accuracy has struggled. While I have reduced the number of three putts per round, I have also reduced the number of one putts.

On-Course Performance (18 out of 30 points)

This rating ties pretty directly to the Basic Characteristics. The ER2B has helped me fix the worst of my putting, but I feel has hurt me with one putts. I average 69% two putts. I only one putt 15% of the time, and I three putt 15% of the time. While practicing on the putting green or in my garage bay, I have terrific confidence. When I have a 6' putt for birdie though, I've got nothing. When on the fringe, my confidence with the putter is tested, and sadly I use the wedge when a putter is likely the better choice.

I am not sure where the lack of performance really starts, but I do not look forward to putting during my rounds.

Miscellaneous (9 out of 10 points)

The "other" stuff is what makes EVNROLL a fantastic value. For starters, a professional club builder called me to get my specs. We talked about my putting style, tendencies, and other items that factor into how a custom putter would be built. 

Another positive was the head cover. The head cover is a super high quality leather, with plush inside and a powerful magnet closure.

Play it or Trade it? (10 out of 20 points)

Unfortunately, due to my lack of confidence in the putter, this thing is being filed away in the trade it category. When practicing in my garage bay, my previous putter is my go-to. It might be completely confirmation bias, but I make more putts at any given distance with my previous putter than I do with the ER2B. I think the player that would benefit the most from this putter is one that struggles with distance control the most. If you're constantly putting the right line, but leave putts short, this is for you. If you struggle with accuracy, I would check out a different EVNROLL model.

Conclusion

The ER2B is the F117 Nighthawk Steath Bomber of the putter industry. This thing looks and feels like a lethal weapon, ready to help you rack up birdie after birdie. It is sleek and sexy. The Gravity Grip inspires confidence and looks good while doing it. The Sweet Face technology really helped my distance control, cutting the number of three putts per round. Sadly, the putter does not perform as I would like, and will not have a long-term home in my bag.

Final Score: 69/100

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

My Stage 1 is up; check it out!

Right Handed

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

WITB thread here

11 hours ago, KurtActual said:

...Much of my testing is done here, where I can hit hundreds of shots with the least number of variables.

IMG_1438.jpg.7ebf604186fe4f248c2b2527921eaedd.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg.614f45cd67fc2ab6e831cf821a525dc9.jpg

That's a pretty sweet set up! Do you have a net or something to hit full shots into as well?

Right Handed

WITB thread here

Here's the link to my Stage 1 review.

Take Dead Aim

Excited for seeing your results, guys. Very nice looking putter, especially in all black.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 10/21/2019 at 10:48 AM, KurtActual said:

Man, the confidence I have with this putter in hand is unreal. Anyone use an EVNROLL Gravity Grip on a non-EVNROLL putter?

I've always been a pencil grip guy, but like a buddy's thicker grip so gave the Gravity Grip a go for the ER2B; and it feels reeeeeeal nice. Just nestles into your hand perfectly.

Right Handed

WITB thread here

Excellent start guys, I have to admit that I'm a lot jealous of this group. I have been rocking a Rife two bar hybrid for at least 10 years now and have come to realise the only thing that could replace it is another Guerin Rife design 😍😁

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

On 10/21/2019 at 10:48 AM, KurtActual said:

Man, the confidence I have with this putter in hand is unreal. Anyone use an EVNROLL Gravity Grip on a non-EVNROLL putter?

The fitter talked me out of the gravity grip.  I wish I had went with my gut and got it anyway.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

On 10/17/2019 at 5:50 AM, Wedgie said:

Stage 1 – Evnroll ER2 Midblade Black – Wedgie – 10-31-19

BREAKING NEWS:  Halloween 2019, East Greenwich, RI.  There is a man on the loose wielding a murdered out putter.  It appears to be an Evnroll ER2 Midblade Black Putter.  The man is described as being in his early 50’s, about 6 feet tall wearing khaki shorts with a royal blue Nike quarter zip top.  He is wanted for multiple robberies.  The robberies occurred at Valley Country Club on and around the 18th hole.  If you see this man do not approach because he is known to carry a weapon on the golf course.

IMG_1032.thumb.jpg.a63fda4ffb0f4a6ca58f5cdbd087b858.jpg

I can’t believe they interrupted the Price is Right for that story.  Wait…it’s me they are talking about!  Yeah, it is like stealing when you’re rocking an Evnroll putter but that money was earned fair and square.  I need to tell my story so I don’t go to the slammer and do hard time for a crime I didn’t commit. 

IMG_1036.thumb.jpg.76aba6b346a72b5db7066e3fb0134095.jpg

I married a TV personality that gave it up several years ago to focus on our now 14 year old twins.  I grew up in the Midwest and graduated high school with a Heisman Trophy winner who at the time I considered a friend.  The quickest insight to me is that when I tell the Heisman story I tell people he went to school with ME, not the other way around.  I graduated from the University of Kansas like everyone in my immediate family and my dad was the Jayhawk mascot when he went there.  I moved to New England in 97 and doubt I’d ever go back to Kansas to live.  New England has a ton to offer with beaches, mountains, seasons and golf.

IMG_1030.thumb.jpg.72bd36b4bf68655b682c299ef5fb47b9.jpg

My golf life started as a kid when I’d steal my dad’s driver while he was at work.  We lived close to a public course so my brothers and I always had a huge stash of balls we’d get from wondering the course.  I’d take the driver, walk to the Arkansas River at the end of my street and try to hit balls over it.  I honestly don’t think I ever did get one all the way over until I was in high school.  My other golf lessons were on the driving range when hitting the biggest slice was how we determined the winner between me and my brothers.  Yeah, not a good way to learn the game but that is how I did.

IMG_1039.thumb.jpg.6dff2ff42c5084c36566ad6d5355d2bc.jpg

I belong to a Country Club that I would describe as long.  I’ve taken GolfSpy_Stroker there and he would describe it as short.  I guess that is part of what makes golf so unique to every individual.  The greens at my home course can be very fast at times but tend to slow down this time of year.  Since joining the club I’ve noticed a significant uptick in 3 putts so I jumped at the chance to test the ER2.

IMG_1033.thumb.jpg.1ed0fcf557090ec6d5d46f7fe3dc343b.jpg

Prior to testing I was in Dallas for business and hit the PGA Superstore to test the putter to see if it would be a good match for me and if I should apply to test.  The stock 35” ER2 Midblade Black seemed to fit the bill.  Once selected as an official tester Evnroll called and did an over the phone fitting.  Basic questions such as length, loft and lie.  He stumped me a bit when he asked if my hands were in front or behind the ball at impact.   I didn’t know to be honest but since I don’t forward press he felt the standard 2 degrees of loft would be fine.  I also felt he talked me out of the Gravity Grip by saying it was shaped differently than the SNSR grip I use on a few of my putters so I should go with the standard grip.

IMG_1029.thumb.jpg.fa50dd809551af3c53c6af99cf6cc025.jpg

When the putter arrived it looked awesome.  I yanked it out of the box and I could feel the weight of the putter was much greater than I am used to.  Not a bad thing at all, just noticeable.  I was immediately drawn to the quality of the putter.  It is literally the nicest putter I have ever laid hands on.  The black shaft, black grip and black putter head are badass and accent the putter in all the right places with red.  I went straight to my master bedroom for some putting.  Now I have a fairly new home but it’s nice because I can practice straight 15 footers in the master, a double breaker in my son’s room and a left to right putt in my daughter’s room.  Regardless of my homes foundation I hit my first putt and literally thought to myself, oh wow!  The putter itself just felt amazing.  Almost like I have been mishitting every putter I’ve ever used my entire life.  I grabbed my current gamer, Wilson Windy City, and rolled a few and immediately noticed the difference in the roll.  I could hear the skid on the carpet from the Wilson putter and I’d say the ER2 rolled straighter almost like it was taking some of the break out of the putts.  It was weird.

IMG_1035.thumb.jpg.bdeee1c8ef52b3bf2ee975b7fc214946.jpg

Evnroll claims their face technology in a nutshell slows down center impact strikes which effectively speeds up off center hits so you get consistent distances regardless of where you strike the ball.  I did notice I was coming up short putt after putt until I got used to the differences between putters.  The putter head is a little thicker, front to back, than a traditional blade with a straight white sight line which I’ll touch on in stage 2.  The head cover is very nice as well.  It closes via magnets which I love.  Given the larger head size of the putter it took me a few holes to smoothly get the putter out of the cover without it getting hung up. 

IMG_1047.thumb.JPG.205edbb15b841cf7bd63923426d6f534.JPG

Since my testing has already begun I’ve played a ton of golf and spent countless hours on the practice green working with this putter.  I came into the testing averaging 1.8 putts per hole but I miss a lot of greens. Given that info I don’t think my putts per hole average will outweigh my gut when determining if this putter will stay in the bag or not.

IMG_1045.thumb.jpg.1478ef93d539cad0cf1c18570b71cfc6.jpg

Most of all thank you MSG and Evnroll for this awesome opportunity to test the ER2 Midblade Black putter.  I am happy to answer any questions or do any type of testing you guys want.  Just let me know what you would like to see.  And come back to find out if I was apprehended.

Brilliant @Wedgie, that read was well worth the wait 👏👏😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Great stuff guys.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Great stuff guys.

Let me guess blackngold, you want to make a trade for putters?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Lol is that a possibility? 🤣🤣

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Lol is that a possibility? 🤣🤣

[/

Maybe, hang in there for stage 2 reviews.

Maybe, hang in there for stage 2 reviews.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had any issues getting used to the ER2B from their gamer? It took me at least a month or two of probably 4-5 putting practice sessions a week to really feel like I could trust my stroke.

Based on the feel I was getting, my best guess is it had to do primarily with the big difference in toe hang between the two putters. But now that I'm accustomed to the ER2B, I'm more confident with it than I ever was before with my Cushin.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Right Handed

WITB thread here

Has anyone else had any issues getting used to the ER2B from their gamer? It took me at least a month or two of probably 4-5 putting practice sessions a week to really feel like I could trust my stroke.
Based on the feel I was getting, my best guess is it had to do primarily with the big difference in toe hang between the two putters. But now that I'm accustomed to the ER2B, I'm more confident with it than I ever was before with my Cushin.
Anyone else have a similar experience?

Honestly I am still struggling with it and I have practiced a ton. I played in Florida and had 6 birdie putts inside of 5 feet and missed all of them. With that being said my distance control has been great so I have for the most part eliminated 3 putts. I also took the liberty of blacking out the white alignment line and that helped but still missing short putts. My season is winding down so I’ll stick with carpet putting and I hope to dial it in by spring time.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I'm loving the blacked out putter!!  Looks amazing!!  I can't wait to see how these things do!  

Do any of you feel that winter weather will be an issue on getting these things out on the course?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

8 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Do any of you feel that winter weather will be an issue on getting these things out on the course?

Unfortunately for me, yes. We've gotten 5 or 6 inches of snow the last few days so I think my season is done. 😢

I have been putting quite a bit indoor however, so it won't all come to a halt. And I got to get a solid amount of rounds in before the dreaded white stuff started falling.

Right Handed

WITB thread here

I'm loving the blacked out putter!!  Looks amazing!!  I can't wait to see how these things do!  

It will definitely slow me down but I will find a way to play at least 18 each month thru travel over the winter.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right