TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Evnroll ER2B Putter

Golfspy_CG2

On 10/16/2019 at 12:50 PM, Wedgie said:

Stage 1 – Evnroll ER2 Midblade Black – Wedgie – 10-31-19

BREAKING NEWS:  Halloween 2019, East Greenwich, RI.  There is a man on the loose wielding a murdered out putter.  It appears to be an Evnroll ER2 Midblade Black Putter.  The man is described as being in his early 50’s, about 6 feet tall wearing khaki shorts with a royal blue Nike quarter zip top.  He is wanted for multiple robberies.  The robberies occurred at Valley Country Club on and around the 18th hole.  If you see this man do not approach because he is known to carry a weapon on the golf course.

IMG_1032.thumb.jpg.a63fda4ffb0f4a6ca58f5cdbd087b858.jpg

I can’t believe they interrupted the Price is Right for that story.  Wait…it’s me they are talking about!  Yeah, it is like stealing when you’re rocking an Evnroll putter but that money was earned fair and square.  I need to tell my story so I don’t go to the slammer and do hard time for a crime I didn’t commit. 

IMG_1036.thumb.jpg.76aba6b346a72b5db7066e3fb0134095.jpg

I married a TV personality that gave it up several years ago to focus on our now 14 year old twins.  I grew up in the Midwest and graduated high school with a Heisman Trophy winner who at the time I considered a friend.  The quickest insight to me is that when I tell the Heisman story I tell people he went to school with ME, not the other way around.  I graduated from the University of Kansas like everyone in my immediate family and my dad was the Jayhawk mascot when he went there.  I moved to New England in 97 and doubt I’d ever go back to Kansas to live.  New England has a ton to offer with beaches, mountains, seasons and golf.

IMG_1030.thumb.jpg.72bd36b4bf68655b682c299ef5fb47b9.jpg

My golf life started as a kid when I’d steal my dad’s driver while he was at work.  We lived close to a public course so my brothers and I always had a huge stash of balls we’d get from wondering the course.  I’d take the driver, walk to the Arkansas River at the end of my street and try to hit balls over it.  I honestly don’t think I ever did get one all the way over until I was in high school.  My other golf lessons were on the driving range when hitting the biggest slice was how we determined the winner between me and my brothers.  Yeah, not a good way to learn the game but that is how I did.

IMG_1039.thumb.jpg.6dff2ff42c5084c36566ad6d5355d2bc.jpg

I belong to a Country Club that I would describe as long.  I’ve taken GolfSpy_Stroker there and he would describe it as short.  I guess that is part of what makes golf so unique to every individual.  The greens at my home course can be very fast at times but tend to slow down this time of year.  Since joining the club I’ve noticed a significant uptick in 3 putts so I jumped at the chance to test the ER2.

IMG_1033.thumb.jpg.1ed0fcf557090ec6d5d46f7fe3dc343b.jpg

Prior to testing I was in Dallas for business and hit the PGA Superstore to test the putter to see if it would be a good match for me and if I should apply to test.  The stock 35” ER2 Midblade Black seemed to fit the bill.  Once selected as an official tester Evnroll called and did an over the phone fitting.  Basic questions such as length, loft and lie.  He stumped me a bit when he asked if my hands were in front or behind the ball at impact.   I didn’t know to be honest but since I don’t forward press he felt the standard 2 degrees of loft would be fine.  I also felt he talked me out of the Gravity Grip by saying it was shaped differently than the SNSR grip I use on a few of my putters so I should go with the standard grip.

IMG_1029.thumb.jpg.fa50dd809551af3c53c6af99cf6cc025.jpg

When the putter arrived it looked awesome.  I yanked it out of the box and I could feel the weight of the putter was much greater than I am used to.  Not a bad thing at all, just noticeable.  I was immediately drawn to the quality of the putter.  It is literally the nicest putter I have ever laid hands on.  The black shaft, black grip and black putter head are badass and Evnroll accents the putter in all the right places with red.  I went straight to my master bedroom for some putting.  Now I have a fairly new home but it’s nice because I can practice straight 15 footers in the master, a double breaker in my son’s room and a left to right putt in my daughter’s room.  Regardless of my homes foundation I hit my first putt and literally thought to myself, oh wow!  The putter itself just felt amazing.  Almost like I have been mishitting every putter I’ve ever used my entire life.  I grabbed my current gamer, Wilson Windy City, and rolled a few and immediately noticed the difference in the roll.  I could hear the skid on the carpet from the Wilson putter and I’d say the ER2 rolled straighter almost like it was taking some of the break out of the putts.  It was weird.

IMG_1035.thumb.jpg.bdeee1c8ef52b3bf2ee975b7fc214946.jpg

Evnroll claims their face technology in a nutshell slows down center impact strikes which effectively speeds up off center hits so you get consistent distances regardless of where you strike the ball.  I did notice I was coming up short putt after putt until I got used to the differences between putters.  The putter head is a little thicker, front to back, than a traditional blade with a straight white sight line which I’ll touch on in stage 2.  The head cover is very nice as well.  It closes via magnets which I love.  Given the larger head size of the putter it took me a few holes to smoothly get the putter out of the cover without it getting hung up. 

IMG_1047.thumb.JPG.205edbb15b841cf7bd63923426d6f534.JPG

Since my testing has already begun I’ve played a ton of golf and spent countless hours on the practice green working with this putter.  I came into the testing averaging 1.8 putts per hole but I miss a lot of greens. Given that info I don’t think my putts per hole average will outweigh my gut when determining if this putter will stay in the bag or not.

IMG_1045.thumb.jpg.1478ef93d539cad0cf1c18570b71cfc6.jpg

Most of all thank you MGS and Evnroll for this awesome opportunity to test the ER2 Midblade Black putter.  I am happy to answer any questions or do any type of testing you guys want.  Just let me know what you would like to see.  And come back to find out if I was apprehended.

Hoss you have good looking bag there and your intro is world class as always!   All you testers are nailing your intros and my homeboy here is born to boogie er test.   

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 11/15/2019 at 10:10 AM, KurtActual said:

I look forward to sharing my Stage 2 review with you guys. We had a LONG summer, but unfortunately I am probably being pushed into the indoor putting practice group too with the weather we've had blowing in.

Just kidding. High of 78 this week. 

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

How's the testing going, guys?   Are you finding anything in particular that this putter does better than your previous gamer?  Anything that your previous gamer does better than the Evnroll?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

1 hour ago, JohnSmalls said:

How's the testing going, guys?   Are you finding anything in particular that this putter does better than your previous gamer?  Anything that your previous gamer does better than the Evnroll?

Biggest difference for me so far is actually starting my putts on line. Which surprised me; my own understanding of the groove technology had me thinking I'd see more improvement in the way of distance control, but I've been pleasantly surprised at how true the ER2B rolls!

I've done some head to head testing between my current gamer and the ER2B, again, I've been really surprised at my findings! I was honestly a little skeptical that there'd be much of a difference between the two...but pleasantly surprised. More details to come in my Phase 2!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

The Evnroll definitely rolls the ball noticeably better than any putter I’ve ever used and my distance control has been really good. I just can’t for the life of me align this putter properly to save my life. I may go have it tweaked a bit to see if that helps.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

On 11/19/2019 at 10:01 PM, Wedgie said:

The Evnroll definitely rolls the ball noticeably better than any putter I’ve ever used and my distance control has been really good. I just can’t for the life of me align this putter properly to save my life. I may go have it tweaked a bit to see if that helps.

Uh oh. Sounds like we're having similar results!

On 11/19/2019 at 8:01 PM, Wedgie said:

I sold my ER3 for this exact reason. After just over a year and continually missing short putts I couldn't take it anymore. Best roll I have ever seen on a putter but if it doesn't go in it doesn't matter.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I'm slumping right now with the Spider X and might put my ER2 back in the bag for a change of scenery

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

5 hours ago, yungkory said:

I'm slumping right now with the Spider X and might put my ER2 back in the bag for a change of scenery

I do sometimes wonder how much of putting changeups are actually tech/spec driven and how much are purely confidence. And that's not too say that confidence, or lack thereof, is a bad reason to change it up; I think standing over the putt and feeling confident is huge.

I don't know, something about putting has just always felt like a mystery to me. Way more of a soft science compared to relatively black and white specs and performance that I feel you get from the full swing clubs.

Right Handed

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

WITB thread here

3 hours ago, NiftyNiblick said:

How is it that Evnroll doesn't seem to make a single non-offset, face balanced putter?

I think they had one in their first lineup of models but not since then.

Was I the last to like that type of putter?

I think Guerin just has an idea of how a putter performs best and sticks with that. Compared to most oems his swingweights are heavy as well. That's just his design philosophy and he sticks to it I guess? I'd love to get out to Carlsbad and have a fitting with him on Quintic

I gotta say, this putter just continues to give me so much confidence. Took a little while to get accustomed to the feel, but now I'm loving it!

Right Handed

WITB thread here

I'm curious who among the testers are coming from a non-groove putter.  I've gamed my PING B61 (no groove) since the late 80's and never been fitted for or tested other putters - except casual tinkering at Dick's.  Groove vs. non grooved face speaks the most to me as it pertains to a design difference that might most affect performance; solid face vs. insert being a close second.  This design resembles the PING Anser 2 which has been a model teasing my interest for some time.  

Good start to the reviews testers - looking forward to how these treat you on the course and whether they find a spot in the bag.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm curious who among the testers are coming from a non-groove putter.  I've gamed my PING B61 (no groove) since the late 80's and never been fitted for or tested other putters - except casual tinkering at Dick's.  Groove vs. non grooved face speaks the most to me as it pertains to a design difference that might most affect performance; solid face vs. insert being a close second.  This design resembles the PING Anser 2 which has been a model teasing my interest for some time.  

Good start to the reviews testers - looking forward to how these treat you on the course and whether they find a spot in the bag.

Not a tester, but I have had an ER2 for 2 years now and I can say that you notice insert vs. no insert more than you do grooves vs flat. With that said, and not having any way to accurately measure it, I feel like my distance control is better with ER2 than other putters which I would credit to the groove tech.

On 12/1/2019 at 10:40 AM, fixyurdivot said:

My gamer is an old Ping Cushin, so solid face with no grooves. The Evnroll is actually the first grooved putter I've hit; I've tried a few stoked with a handful of insert faces from people I know.

Totally agree that it seems the groove provides the most performance capability. I'll also say I'm not a huge fan of the feel of insert faces. They feel almost mushy to me if that makes sense. Like I'm putting with marshmallow or something. The grooves do also seem to give a slightly softer feel than solid faces, but not in a bad way at all. I prefer the feel of the ER2B face to the Cushin by far.

Right Handed

WITB thread here

On 12/1/2019 at 9:40 AM, fixyurdivot said:

My previous gamer was a Wilson Staff Lake Shore. A non-groove anser-style putter. I think the biggest difference for me is the head weight difference between the two. Take a look at the difference in the head size (while still being similar anser style putters)

SK3y2AA.jpg

On 12/1/2019 at 9:54 AM, ncwoz said:

I gotta say, this putter just continues to give me so much confidence. Took a little while to get accustomed to the feel, but now I'm loving it!

This is the one thing that shocked me the first time I hit Evnroll.  It has a completely different sound and feel unlike any putter I've tried before.  

How many of you have tried hitting initially off the toe and heel compared to your gamer?  Really putting that groove tech to the test.  

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

On 12/7/2019 at 10:25 PM, goaliewales14 said:

How many of you have tried hitting initially off the toe and heel compared to your gamer?  Really putting that groove tech to the test.  

Great question. I've fiddled around with that, but haven't tracked the stats to compare. I don't trust my consistency to deliver the face how I'd be trying to do the test justice, but it does feel way better off the Evnroll.

The Cushin feels awful when you mishit it, and goes nowhere. Biggest difference I could feel was the ER2 didn't lose nearly the distance on those off center strikes.

It was hard for me to tell how much left to right difference there was between the two, because I couldn't quite tell how much was my stroke potentially delivering the face non-square on the intentional off center hits.

Right Handed

WITB thread here

@ncwoz I think you've highlighted one of my own biggest findings with the EVNROLL putter.

My miss hits still get close to the hole. I do not have a ton of data, as I have only recently started tracking putts, but I have cut down on my number of 3+ putts per round. I think much of it has to do with knocking those first putts close, even when they hit slightly off the toe.

I think the image on the EVNROLL page highlights the wrong aspect. Take a look:

sdFrGNu.png

Notice how they show a measurement for misses left and right of centerline when hit off the toe or heel. Those putts are off only 8". What I have experienced is my grouping of putts all falling at a similar distance. The image showing all putts within 12" of each other fore and aft is the bigger win in my opinion. Left to right you save 8", but fore and aft you save 1-2ft. Feels about right.

I’ll echo that distance control with this putter is off the charts good. I rarely 3 putt with the evnroll. My problem is when my approach shot is close I can’t hit a 4 footer for birdie, not even sniffing the hole. Headed to Spargo to see if a few tweaks help.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some putter reviewing for your New Year's pleasure! My Stage 2 is up! Check it out:

Right Handed

WITB thread here

On 10/16/2019 at 12:49 PM, ncwoz said:

Coming in at $369 off the shelf, it’s not for everyone. But, if the price doesn’t scare you (how much did you pay for your last driver?) you should give this putter a serious chance.

But how can a putter add 10-15 more yards on my drives!?!?

Sarcasm aside, sounds like the Evnroll was a nice fit for you. Glad to hear that you liked it. I rolled some during my putter fitting last fall but ultimately ended up with the Spider Tour that I'm still gaming. Me thinks I need to go try them again.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I am kind of surprised by the lack of interest in this thread. I suppose I'd have to guess it's due to the ER2-B not being new tech, just a new color option...

Me too, but I guess it’s tough to be a putter when all the 2020 drivers are being released.

Any update from the testers? How are you guys liking the face shape? I think to my eye it’s a little to wide, but I want to go putt around with the 1.2 model sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2019 at 12:51 PM, Wedgie said:

There is no doubt Evnroll make a high quality putter and the face technology is the real deal.  I would not hesitate to purchase an Evnroll putter in the future if I could find a place to get fit.  The feel is addictive and the roll is silky smooth.  I see why this putter gets such rave reviews and I look forward to purchasing a better fitting Evnroll in the near future. 

Sounds like maybe you might find the sweet spot with something with a bit more toe hang like the 1.2? Maybe it not matching your normal stroke was throwing off all those short putts where the line matters so much.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Sounds like maybe you might find the sweet spot with something with a bit more toe hang like the 1.2? Maybe it not matching your normal stroke was throwing off all those short putts where the line matters so much.

Exactly my thoughts in regards to the 1.2. I really had to go out of my comfort zone which tells me it just wasn’t a fit. I’ll be in Orlando in mid March and will try to hit the 1.2 then.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right