Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Evnroll ER2B Putter

How is it that Evnroll doesn't seem to make a single non-offset, face balanced putter?

I think they had one in their first lineup of models but not since then.

Was I the last to like that type of putter?

3 hours ago, NiftyNiblick said:

How is it that Evnroll doesn't seem to make a single non-offset, face balanced putter?

I think they had one in their first lineup of models but not since then.

Was I the last to like that type of putter?

I think Guerin just has an idea of how a putter performs best and sticks with that. Compared to most oems his swingweights are heavy as well. That's just his design philosophy and he sticks to it I guess? I'd love to get out to Carlsbad and have a fitting with him on Quintic

• Like 1

I gotta say, this putter just continues to give me so much confidence. Took a little while to get accustomed to the feel, but now I'm loving it!

• Like 1

I'm curious who among the testers are coming from a non-groove putter.  I've gamed my PING B61 (no groove) since the late 80's and never been fitted for or tested other putters - except casual tinkering at Dick's.  Groove vs. non grooved face speaks the most to me as it pertains to a design difference that might most affect performance; solid face vs. insert being a close second.  This design resembles the PING Anser 2 which has been a model teasing my interest for some time.  

Good start to the reviews testers - looking forward to how these treat you on the course and whether they find a spot in the bag.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm curious who among the testers are coming from a non-groove putter.  I've gamed my PING B61 (no groove) since the late 80's and never been fitted for or tested other putters - except casual tinkering at Dick's.  Groove vs. non grooved face speaks the most to me as it pertains to a design difference that might most affect performance; solid face vs. insert being a close second.  This design resembles the PING Anser 2 which has been a model teasing my interest for some time.  

Good start to the reviews testers - looking forward to how these treat you on the course and whether they find a spot in the bag.

Not a tester, but I have had an ER2 for 2 years now and I can say that you notice insert vs. no insert more than you do grooves vs flat. With that said, and not having any way to accurately measure it, I feel like my distance control is better with ER2 than other putters which I would credit to the groove tech.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 10:40 AM, fixyurdivot said:

My gamer is an old Ping Cushin, so solid face with no grooves. The Evnroll is actually the first grooved putter I've hit; I've tried a few stoked with a handful of insert faces from people I know.

Totally agree that it seems the groove provides the most performance capability. I'll also say I'm not a huge fan of the feel of insert faces. They feel almost mushy to me if that makes sense. Like I'm putting with marshmallow or something. The grooves do also seem to give a slightly softer feel than solid faces, but not in a bad way at all. I prefer the feel of the ER2B face to the Cushin by far.

On 12/1/2019 at 9:40 AM, fixyurdivot said:

My previous gamer was a Wilson Staff Lake Shore. A non-groove anser-style putter. I think the biggest difference for me is the head weight difference between the two. Take a look at the difference in the head size (while still being similar anser style putters)

SK3y2AA.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 9:54 AM, ncwoz said:

I gotta say, this putter just continues to give me so much confidence. Took a little while to get accustomed to the feel, but now I'm loving it!

This is the one thing that shocked me the first time I hit Evnroll.  It has a completely different sound and feel unlike any putter I've tried before.  

How many of you have tried hitting initially off the toe and heel compared to your gamer?  Really putting that groove tech to the test.