GC70

Koepka vs McIlroy

On 11/9/2019 at 7:02 AM, revkev said:

I’m still staggered over Watson being called a “placeholder” and grouped with Norman and Couples who between them won 3 majors - Watson won 5 Opens. You also had Seve and Faldo in that era - there just wasn’t a Jack or Tiger

You can’t always have a Jack or Tiger - I’m sorry if guys find Brooks and Rory or Jordan and JT boring - these guys are hardly placeholders - there are legitimate top tier Hall of Famers in this group. They just aren’t Jack and Tiger.

Well there’s no Jim Brown in the NFL or Babe Ruth in baseball either - they still play the games, they are fun to watch if you like that sport.

I will continue to watch golf when I’m not playing and look forward to when’s few of the top players are in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

There is no Jim Brown or Babe Ruth but there is a Mike Trout. Probably the best baseball player to ever live. He just plays in Anaheim instead of New York.. 

I really wish there was a way to to drop prime Tiger, prime Jack, Prime Arnie, prime Hogan all into today and see what it would look like. 

On 10/17/2019 at 11:57 AM, GSwag said:

he's an average pro who happened to win 4 majors recently.

I didn't realize there was such a thing as an average pro who's won 4 majors...that puts Brooks (and Rory btw) tied for 20th. With another win they're tied with Phil and others. Two more wins and your starting to get into company with the likes of Faldo/Trevino/Palmer/Snead. As they're both playing very well and young enough to win some more, calling either of them "average" feels like a remarkable understatement to me.

Not disagreeing that neither are even remotely in Tiger's atmosphere, but let's be real. Tiger's career is in extremely elite air, in a sport that's been around for quite a while. Comparing every new talent to Tiger is frankly not fair. The chances we see another "Tiger" in our lifetime is extremely small.

• Like 5