Golfspy_CG2

MGS Testers--Are You An Influencer?

I know that testing the Srixon Q Star Tours, I have had friends buy boxes of them and the Cleveland RTX 4 are in consideration for one buddy

• Like 5

I’m a borderline politician when it comes to “hitting the streets” for MyGolfSpy.

A handful of my pals adopted ShotScope V2 after seeing it in action - one of them even migrated over from Arccos. And that’s despite their awareness of my less than glowing review of the V1 system. (Note: I think the V2 system is a substantial improvement over the initial iteration)

Same goes for the Bettinardi SS38 Armlock. I approached countless total strangers at local courses, explained the MGS community/review process and asked them to roll a few putts. @PokeForeLyfe is one direct example, although I’m not sure he’s still rolling an Armlock.

Strangely enough, despite my overwhelmingly positive review and play with the Ping G400 LST, I didn’t see any evidence of it gaining traction with the people around me. But I also wasn’t pressing it into the hands of every stranger on the range.

So I don’t know if my equipment gaming and entreaties to explore MyGolfSpy,  necessarily meet an “influential” standard, but I’m hopeful that is the case. And I intend to continue drumming for MGS with the 100K goal in mind.

• Like 9

One of the guys I talk to at the range and try to get on the course with when possible inquired about the ping i210s. He was looking to upgrade his i20s and the i210 and i500 were on his list as were some others (just do happened I had those in the bag too).

he took some swings with my clubs and was interested in my thoughts on them as well as how I thought they would fit him with a lighter shaft since I know his swing pretty well from years of hanging on the range. He also was looking forward to reading my phase 2 review

• Like 7

I had five people I golf with buy RTX 3 wedges solely because of my testing. They tried mine, I shared the feedback I was seeing, etc and they each bought at least 2. My experience with Hogan irons wasn’t great, so feedback to folks I play with wasn’t as good. The balls I reviewed were each purchased by friends, even by two Pros in my area due to my testing and conversation.

I wonder about my posts on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook having at least had people take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

I've been on both the buying and the influencing side.  I try to share my knowledge about MGS and what I have learned on the forum with as many people as possible, especially those that love this game.  When I am on the course with beginners I often use one or more of @chisag's tips for minor instruction to help them focus on making good contact.

Boiling down to product: I can thank @jlukes , among others, for their glowing reviews on Evnroll putters.  A little patience and a few hundred bucks later and I have an ER2 living in my bag.  The G400 and G410 reviewers led me to buy a G400 which had a short but mostly positive life in my bag until the Cobra F9. 

The D7 review brought a lot of attention to my bag with the most common question being, "are those Wilson's!?"  It hasn't brought about any changes for others, yet.  The biggest conversations have been around the Shot Scope V2.  I know of at least one guy that picked up a Shot Scope after many questions.  With the price as it stands, it will continue to be a highly recommended product.

• Like 6

I don’t personally consider myself an influencer. I post my thoughts and opinions on forums and will discuss them in person. I hope that people find the information useful but my intent is more to provide the information and not necessarily to persuade or influence.

• Like 6

I haven't tested any golf clubs.....yet😏 but the Precision pro nx9 caught my fellow club members attention when I started hitting pin high instead of way short as usual. I also hadn't used one before so when they saw me lasering the questions started, they increased the more I correctly clubbed the second shot.

I know of at least 9 that enquired about buying and 5 that definitely bought, the slope function, increased magnification and vibration on target kinda sealed the deal for them.

So I suppose I influenced these buys, plus I put out on social media as well but with only a few hundred followers the return would be very small I'm afraid.

Wait till I test some actual clubs and my handicap falls...............😉

• Like 6

So, I would say kinda, but not for the clubs I've tested in the past. I've given guys opportunities to roll the Stroke Lab and swing the Mizzy driver, but where I have convinced them is the value of the site and of a good fit. I've told people who've I've played with for years about the site, the ball test, everything I could push.

I also got two guys to go out and get fit at the same place that fit me for the Mizuno Driver, Big Oak Golf Shop in East Rochester, NY. One guy got a set of Mizuno 919 Hot Metals on my suggestion to look at them, another, who is a veteran, took advantage of PXG's Veteran discount got an iron set, hybrids, and the driver.

So, I guess that's influencing? Maybe?

• Like 6

I tested the original Snell MTB in 2016, and the Snell MTB -X this Spring.  I don't know for sure whether I got anyone to play the X, but I'm definitely responsible for a number of my friends trying Snells and eventually choosing to play Snell golf balls

• Like 4

I’ll follow along with what@cnosil said. I’m here to give relatable content and help the readers decide.

This is my second full season here as a contributor. I will say confidently that there are some people on this board who offer consistent, quality content for the sake of the membership rather than self-promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

I had 4 different people hit the Tommy Armor Atomic irons and they all were amazed how explosive they were.....BUT, they said they would rather buy a "known brand" like Titleist or Taylor Made even though they hit these well.

I am trying to pay it forward by handing these clubs to someone else to write up a review and its hard to find any takers. They just want to play golf without having to write about it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I don’t personally consider myself an influencer. I post my thoughts and opinions on forums and will discuss them in person. I hope that people find the information useful but my intent is more to provide the information and not necessarily to persuade or influence.

51 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I’ll follow along with what@cnosil said. I’m here to give relatable content and help the readers decide.

This is my second full season here as a contributor. I will say confidently that there are some people on this board who offer consistent, quality content for the sake of the membership rather than self-promotion.

Just to be clear, I was trying to have fun with the term influencer , based on recent MGS posts on SM 🙂 

• Like 7

I would say yes but with a caveat. I tested the Epic Flash, but the caveat is that our former head pro is now a sales rep for Callaway and with that comes built in interest at my club. I did have people come up to me out of the blue and inquire about my driver during the testing based on what they had heard around the club. Of our active golfers (150 or so) I think we are over 30 now that hit Callaway drivers. I like to think MGS and myself had a part in that even if small. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I would say yes but with a caveat. I tested the Epic Flash, but the caveat is that our former head pro is now a sales rep for Callaway and with that comes built in interest at my club. I did have people come up to me out of the blue and inquire about my driver during the testing based on what they had heard around the club. Of our active golfers (150 or so) I think we are over 30 now that hit Callaway drivers. I like to think MGS and myself had a part in that even if small. 

I would bet so, you're results with that were among the best of any tests that I recall reading this year. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just to be clear, I was trying to have fun with the term influencer , based on recent MGS posts on SM  

All good brother

I hear the word online influencer and what immediately comes to mind is some DB instagram kid who poses on beaches selling hand cream and vegan milkshakes.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

When I was testing the C300s I had a number of people ask about them and try them out. Can’t say that led to any sales, but it sure got word out.

Not so much on the NX9 though, to be honest. I let a number of other golfers try it but there wasn’t anywhere near the same level of interest. Maybe the sexy factor isn’t quite there vs shiny new clubs?

Anyways when I’ve been lucky enough to test I’ve shared on the course, and posted on FB and Twitter. Just tried to do my part to bring awareness to the reviews and MGS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I have two fiends that have bought Ping G410 max drivers this season.

Also a friend who used tru fit to buy his driver. One of the Pros at my club is doing SuperSpeed.

• Like 4

Just to be clear, I was trying to have fun with the term influencer , based on recent MGS posts on SM  

So you were influenced by MGS to create a thread on being an influencer and asking the forum members if we considered ourselves influencers based on our influential tests.
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2