Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Truelinkswear?

Mathieu.

Hey, I have a pair and they are great so far. I have been playing in very wet conditions this year and my feet have stayed dry and I have had no traction issues. The sole of the shoe is firmer than a regular shoe sole. I have no doubt they will last a long time with normal course use. I wont be wearing them out on the town or running in them. I figure when they do wear down to the point I start losing tracton I will just wear them as an everyday shoe. Win-Win. Get your feet measured and order that size. Hope this helps.

Sacrifice Or Regret...You Choose!

I tried the Trues and the Ecco Streets. For my money, I went with the Eccos. Liked them so much I bought a second pair. The Trues, after hitting balls in them inside the store on their LM, slipped a bunch, and were too low soled. You could literally feel the turf through the shoes. And you'd also want to get your lie angles rechecked and rebent because you're lower to the ground in them, and they effect lie angles. Just a few observations I had about them when trying them out under playing conditions. They're quality, and comfortable shoes. But, they didn't provide the traction and comfort their competitor did, and I didn't have to adjust my equipment (would've had to go a degree flatter with my irons instead of being 1 and 2 upright (depending on the iron, that's how they were bent, shorter irons were more upright, because it's a blended set). I'd have had to go to standard and 1 up instead.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I reviewed them last month on my website. Bottom line is that I really like them. They've become my "go to" golf shoes and my adipures are gathering dust.

Yes, they have a very thin sole and you can definitely feel the ground. That's the point. I've found that they provide plenty of traction in both wet and dry conditions.

http://72strokes.com/2011/03/review-true-linkswear-true-tours/

Derek

72strokeslogo_green.jpg

I was curious to if anyone has used true's shoes yet. I'm really considering to get some cause they look really nice but I feel as if the treads would wear out real fast.... Just curious if anyone can give me a review! :)

Here's my link that I posted when the shoes first came out last year. I guess wjhen i posted this the forum was still shaking out as far as where to place reviews? anyways here's the link to my review:

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/2424-true-linkswear-look-what-showed-up/

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I tried the Trues and the Ecco Streets. For my money, I went with the Eccos. Liked them so much I bought a second pair. The Trues, after hitting balls in them inside the store on their LM, slipped a bunch, and were too low soled. You could literally feel the turf through the shoes. And you'd also want to get your lie angles rechecked and rebent because you're lower to the ground in them, and they effect lie angles. Just a few observations I had about them when trying them out under playing conditions. They're quality, and comfortable shoes. But, they didn't provide the traction and comfort their competitor did, and I didn't have to adjust my equipment (would've had to go a degree flatter with my irons instead of being 1 and 2 upright (depending on the iron, that's how they were bent, shorter irons were more upright, because it's a blended set). I'd have had to go to standard and 1 up instead.

That's the first I heard of having to get your clubs bent as the difference in soles and distance to the ground is negliable at best. I'll have to see if I can find the actual numbers as say wearing the golf shoes before Truelinkwear came out. But it should never make you have to bend your clubs 2-4 degrees or go from upright to flat? Someone may be changing their swing path to get that much difference. I've been playing the TRUE's in terrible conditions here on the east coast and haven't slipped once... never. These shoes have great traction in real golf conditions for me. That was my biggest concern when I first wore them but was pleasantly surprised at how well they did perform. I feel these are by far the most comfortable shoe and you can wear them around the house to the course or to the office. So ars far as comparring two people I'm completely on the other side of what you have felt. But I guess to each their own! I have the ECCO Street Premiers and they are a very narrow shoe almost too narrow and I have a narrow foot... that was the biggest surprise to me about the Ecco's otherwise they look great!

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

I reviewed them last month on my website. Bottom line is that I really like them. They've become my "go to" golf shoes and my adipures are gathering dust.

Yes, they have a very thin sole and you can definitely feel the ground. That's the point. I've found that they provide plenty of traction in both wet and dry conditions.

http://72strokes.com/2011/03/review-true-linkswear-true-tours/

Couldn't agree more w/ the True's MOST COMFORTABLE SHOE EVER! If your a walker and you play all summer long many rounds you'll be thanking Truelinkswear after you walk in these babies,.

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

That's the first I heard of having to get your clubs bent as the difference in soles and distance to the ground is negliable at best. I'll have to see if I can find the actual numbers as say wearing the golf shoes before Truelinkwear came out. But it should never make you have to bend your clubs 2-4 degrees or go from upright to flat? Someone may be changing their swing path to get that much difference. I've been playing the TRUE's in terrible conditions here on the east coast and haven't slipped once... never. These shoes have great traction in real golf conditions for me. That was my biggest concern when I first wore them but was pleasantly surprised at how well they did perform. I feel these are by far the most comfortable shoe and you can wear them around the house to the course or to the office. So ars far as comparring two people I'm completely on the other side of what you have felt. But I guess to each their own! I have the ECCO Street Premiers and they are a very narrow shoe almost too narrow and I have a narrow foot... that was the biggest surprise to me about the Ecco's otherwise they look great!

That's the dirt you've heard of anyone having to change lie angles? Really? As much as you're on WRX and that's the first you've heard about it? Come on now. Why would I change my swing inside the store in the same day hitting the clubs with both pairs of shoes on? That makes no sense. I'm normally 1 and 2 degrees upright with my clubs (because the lie angle standards on the 2 different heads I have in my iron sets don't have the same standard). If I were to buy the Trues, to play them, I'd have had to bend the clubs 1 degree flatter ( so to standard and 1 up). It'd also mean I'd have to only wear those shoes.

Don't get me started on the fact they don't offer a brown shoe until the $200 price range. They are a new company and they want me to spend that much on shoes on an unproven company? Yeah right. Oh and in in Georgia, so our conditions are the same as yours

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

That's the dirt you've heard of anyone having to change lie angles? Really? As much as you're on WRX and that's the first you've heard about it? Come on now. Why would I change my swing inside the store in the same day hitting the clubs with both pairs of shoes on? That makes no sense. I'm normally 1 and 2 degrees upright with my clubs (because the lie angle standards on the 2 different heads I have in my iron sets don't have the same standard). If I were to buy the Trues, to play them, I'd have had to bend the clubs 1 degree flatter ( so to standard and 1 up). It'd also mean I'd have to only wear those shoes.

Don't get me started on the fact they don't offer a brown shoe until the $200 price range. They are a new company and they want me to spend that much on shoes on an unproven company? Yeah right. Oh and in in Georgia, so our conditions are the same as yours

I wrote the Review on wrx and if you've read that review as it was the first review posted you'll see that the owner of True's gave the measurements of say a standard Adidas golf shoe and the True's and the difference is in mm. Not inches. It's not enough to be changing from flat to upright or vice versa thats all i was saying. Now if your taking different sets of irons and saying one companies standard lie/lofts are not the same I can see that. All I can tell you is from wearing Adidas 360 Tours and Puma GTX's and the True's it didn't affect my lie angle. I didn't go From standard to flat or especially 2-3 degree's. Thats all I was trying to say. If you feel that much difference I don't know how. As far as our playing conditions how do you know how they play in real conditions? From what I though I read you said you demoed the shoes indoors on a Matt. maybe you need more balance in your swing. Many pro's play in bare feet just for that purpose, for balance and I'll bet they don't change their lofts/lie angles when they do that. Wasn't Byron Nelson one of those proponents of bare foot golf to create a better balanced swing? I was just giving the opinion of someone who has wore the shoes for almost a year now. Never had one slippage and it's been much worse conditions here in Pa. the Georgia. Don't think you get 30-40" of snowfall on average. Try playing a couple weeks after the snow melts and the ground thaws. If these shoes can handle these conditions these True's can handle any! JMO!

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

I wrote the Review on wrx and if you've read that review as it was the first review posted you'll see that the owner of True's gave the measurements of say a standard Adidas golf shoe and the True's and the difference is in mm. Not inches. It's not enough to be changing from flat to upright or vice versa thats all i was saying. Now if your taking different sets of irons and saying one companies standard lie/lofts are not the same I can see that. All I can tell you is from wearing Adidas 360 Tours and Puma GTX's and the True's it didn't affect my lie angle. I didn't go From standard to flat or especially 2-3 degree's. Thats all I was trying to say. If you feel that much difference I don't know how. As far as our playing conditions how do you know how they play in real conditions? From what I though I read you said you demoed the shoes indoors on a Matt. maybe you need more balance in your swing. Many pro's play in bare feet just for that purpose, for balance and I'll bet they don't change their lofts/lie angles when they do that. Wasn't Byron Nelson one of those proponents of bare foot golf to create a better balanced swing? I was just giving the opinion of someone who has wore the shoes for almost a year now. Never had one slippage and it's been much worse conditions here in Pa. the Georgia. Don't think you get 30-40" of snowfall on average. Try playing a couple weeks after the snow melts and the ground thaws. If these shoes can handle these conditions these True's can handle any! JMO!

My irons are Adams CB2's in 4-7 iron and CB1's in 8-GW. Their standard lie angles and even lofts are different for the two sets. That's why the 4-7 iron are 1 upright and the 8-GW are standard. Need more balance in my swing? Don't think so, since I never get off balance and I do practice at home barefooted, while choked down. I understand you like the company and are a fan boy, just wanted people to have the information before buying that they need to take their irons they're going to play when trying the shoes on and check their lie angles in case. And I can tell you for a fact that the shoes are thinner, because my wrist to floor measurement changed when trying on the Trues versus the Eccos, Nikes, Footjoys, and Adidas. You can't cheat that measurement, regardless of what happens.

In The Bag

My irons are Adams CB2's in 4-7 iron and CB1's in 8-GW. Their standard lie angles and even lofts are different for the two sets. That's why the 4-7 iron are 1 upright and the 8-GW are standard. Need more balance in my swing? Don't think so, since I never get off balance and I do practice at home barefooted, while choked down. I understand you like the company and are a fan boy, just wanted people to have the information before buying that they need to take their irons they're going to play when trying the shoes on and check their lie angles in case. And I can tell you for a fact that the shoes are thinner, because my wrist to floor measurement changed when trying on the Trues versus the Eccos, Nikes, Footjoys, and Adidas. You can't cheat that measurement, regardless of what happens.

Can I ask how much difference in your wrist to floor measurements were? I'm really curious since like it's been stated as facts that there's only millimeters difference from Adidas, ECCO Vs. True's. I'm not saying there wouldn't be slight measurement differences but it would be negligible at best. Of course OEMs have different standards for measurement when it comes to lofts but to say lie angle is such and such and another OEM is another is crazy. I mean you are either flat standard or upright. You can't be two of the three or all three. So saying the shoes lower you to the ground will change the lie angle it would if it was a large difference but when we are talking millimeters I don't agree. Your set of CB2's and CB1's have to all be one lie that is fit to you. There may be differences when it comes to OEMS length for a 5 iron but almost all sets start from there when you are getting fit. Once you hit that said iron and you establish your lie angle, it is that! Period. Then you build the set accordingly. What do you do when you play a side hill lie or uphill lie or downhill-side hill. Do you feel me? Now as me being a "Fan BOY" Then I guess your a "FAN BOY" of ECCO. Thats a WRX word that gets thrown around way too much. If you happen to like a product your a fan boy. Come on these are all just opinions nothing more and nothing less. No one is right or wrong when it comes to shoes. But when it comes to being properly fit there's only one right way! Either you've been fit correctly to your own swing or your not.

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Can I ask how much difference in your wrist to floor measurements were? I'm really curious since like it's been stated as facts that there's only millimeters difference from Adidas, ECCO Vs. True's. I'm not saying there wouldn't be slight measurement differences but it would be negligible at best. Of course OEMs have different standards for measurement when it comes to lofts but to say lie angle is such and such and another OEM is another is crazy. I mean you are either flat standard or upright. You can't be two of the three or all three. So saying the shoes lower you to the ground will change the lie angle it would if it was a large difference but when we are talking millimeters I don't agree. Your set of CB2's and CB1's have to all be one lie that is fit to you. There may be differences when it comes to OEMS length for a 5 iron but almost all sets start from there when you are getting fit. Once you hit that said iron and you establish your lie angle, it is that! Period. Then you build the set accordingly. What do you do when you play a side hill lie or uphill lie or downhill-side hill. Do you feel me? Now as me being a "Fan BOY" Then I guess your a "FAN BOY" of ECCO. Thats a WRX word that gets thrown around way too much. If you happen to like a product your a fan boy. Come on these are all just opinions nothing more and nothing less. No one is right or wrong when it comes to shoes. But when it comes to being properly fit there's only one right way! Either you've been fit correctly to your own swing or your not.

Wrist to floor measurements were 3/8" different from Trues to other shoes (with the Eccos being the least different at 5/16").

I'm no Ecco fanboy. I just bought my first pair of their shoes, ever, this year. I've always worn Nikes. When searching for street shoes to play in, I first went to their Air Anthems. They weren't real comfortable to me, to be honest, because they were more rigid in the uppers section. The Trues and Eccos, by far, were the most comfortable. I liked the Trues, and would've bought a pair if it weren't for the fact that I'd have to wear them exclusively because of the whole lie angle ordeal.

When you're fitting for lie angle, if you do it properly, you do it with shoes on and go through every iron in the set accordingly. I build all of my own irons to very exacting tolerances (they're all D3, and I built them to standard, length wise, across the set, from my fitting chart, and not a manufacturer's club specific standard). Standard, to me, is a 37.5 inch 5 iron, because that's the standard for the chart I've always used. I don't go by manufacturer standards. I also always go +1/8" in length for myself, so my 5 iron standard is 37 5/8" for my personal builds. I then do 1/2" deviations through the set, down to wedges, which are all built at 35 1/8" for me. I build based off of the old standard, not the new, increasing length ones. I'm not a distance *****, I'm more concerned with my gaps and how they fit me.

Looking at Adams site, you can see what their standards are for the sets.

The CB2 5 iron specs are as follows, at their standard: 26 degrees of loft, 61.25* lie angle, 38.125" length.

The CB1 5 iron Specs are as follows: 27 degrees of loft, 61.25* lie angle, 38" length.

Let's go to where the set overlaps, though, as that's where it gets tricky.

CB2 7 iron: 33 deg loft, 62.25* lie angle, 37" length

CB1 7 iron: 34* loft, 62.25 lie angle, 37" length

CB2 8 iron: 37* loft, 62.75* lie angle, 36.5" length

CB1 8 iron: 38* loft, 62.75* lie angle, 36.5" length

Then we have to look at the actual heads I have, because of manufacturer tolerances. The actual lie angle on the CB1 8 iron I got (where the set changes) was 61.75* lie angle and 38.5* of loft. I had to bend it back to 37.5* loft (to get the gaps right, distance wise), and to 63* lie angle to get center face contact. I do dynamic fittings on my iron sets where every club is hit and bent to fit, instead of static, where you hit one club and based off of that, bend the entire set. I hate those types of fittings, because it's laziness on the fitter's part, but that's another story for why I got into building my own equipment. The length on my 8 iron, instead of Adams standard of 36.5" is 36 1/8", the old standard + 1/8".

That said, it doesn't really matter to me how others fit their clubs, or whatever, as lots of people won't notice 1* of difference anyway. I'm an equipment junkie, though, and I have to know that they're perfectly to spec. I'm anal about that. That's why I have my sheets of the builds, for every iron set, where I write down every club's spec so that when I check them every 3 months of play, I can make sure they stay where they need to be. It's just something I do to make sure my equipment is up to snuff for what I expect out of it. Have I ever had to rebend an iron to get it back to spec after initially getting it there? Only once, with a set of cast clubs I had (cast doesn't hold bendings as well as forged does because it's not as soft). I've played forged for a long time, though, and that was years ago when that happened. I still check every club every 3 months just to be certain cause I'm crazy like that.

That said, the shoes were very very comfortable, I just didn't like that they didn't work for me, and brown wasn't offered in the $150 price range. If they were, I'd have probably bought them because of comfort, regardless of the minute amount of slippage on the mats, because they were comfortable. I'm still happy with my choice of the Eccos because after playing several rounds in them, and 36 in one day, I haven't ever had any back pain, which is the main reason I wanted some street type shoes in the first place, to alleviate the occasional back pain.

In The Bag

Don't get me started on the fact they don't offer a brown shoe until the $200 price range. They are a new company and they want me to spend that much on shoes on an unproven company?

They've just released a brown saddle at $159. They will be offering the all-brown stealth model at $199 next month, as you mentioned.

I'm with TW, you're the first person I've ever heard of mentioning that their lie angles changed due to the shoes. I don't doubt you, but I think you're probably outside the norm here. I'm not exactly a hack (I don't maintain a handicap but I can break par) and have not had any problem with the lie angles moving from a pair of Adipures. They're definitely low to the ground, but I can't see them being that much lower. I'm traveling in Texas this week and next, but I'm going to take some measurements when I get back home. Maybe my swing just isn't that refined to notice?

I also can't speak to how they perform on mats. I don't play golf on mats so I don't practice on them either.

Derek

72strokeslogo_green.jpg

So it seems like some of you have gone from Adidas to the Trues. I am an Adidas guy myself as I've been playing in Tour 360s for a few years now. My main concern about the Trues is that the toe of the shoe will be really wide and look like clown shoes. I have a narrow foot and a fairly flat foot so comfort and a nice tight fit is very important to me. What are your thoughts on the Trues in comparison to Adidas shoes?

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

So it seems like some of you have gone from Adidas to the Trues. I am an Adidas guy myself as I've been playing in Tour 360s for a few years now. My main concern about the Trues is that the toe of the shoe will be really wide and look like clown shoes. I have a narrow foot and a fairly flat foot so comfort and a nice tight fit is very important to me. What are your thoughts on the Trues in comparison to Adidas shoes?

I can tell you this was a major concern for myself. I have a narrow foot and when I first received my first pair I was like wow the toe area is wide. But then once I slid my foot in it was almost like love at first fit! :lol: Seriously they have some type of lining and the tongue doesn't slide to the side like a typical sneaker style golf shoe would do. These just are a great design. Now if your worried about the Toe box that much they have come out with a narrower shoe called the Stealth. I actually wanted to buy a pair but they came out only a short while ago and i was saving my next shoe purchase for these Limited Edition Augusta style shoes. To be honest at first I did think the shoe looked a little strange in the front, but as with almost all new shoes to me they appear bigger then they are and after wearing them a few days you grow accustom to the different look. Because believe me once you put these on they are so comfortable it's almost insane. They are so darn soft, but not just that they are great in wet conditions. I mean I was a little worried about the slippage I would have on my home course as I have slipped with just about every soft spike shoe in wet conditions. With this pair I did not slip one time last year. Now I still like switching up shoes but if I'm going to have to say which shoe I want to wear especially if I'm walking 18 or more holes a day the answer is simple. The Trues win that battle hands down. Although I do like wearing other shoes as well because certain shoes just go with certain outfits I have. I have Puma's,Adidas, Ecco's and now Trues in my rotation.

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

I can tell you this was a major concern for myself. I have a narrow foot and when I first received my first pair I was like wow the toe area is wide. But then once I slid my foot in it was almost like love at first fit! :lol: Seriously they have some type of lining and the tongue doesn't slide to the side like a typical sneaker style golf shoe would do. These just are a great design. Now if your worried about the Toe box that much they have come out with a narrower shoe called the Stealth. I actually wanted to buy a pair but they came out only a short while ago and i was saving my next shoe purchase for these Limited Edition Augusta style shoes. To be honest at first I did think the shoe looked a little strange in the front, but as with almost all new shoes to me they appear bigger then they are and after wearing them a few days you grow accustom to the different look. Because believe me once you put these on they are so comfortable it's almost insane. They are so darn soft, but not just that they are great in wet conditions. I mean I was a little worried about the slippage I would have on my home course as I have slipped with just about every soft spike shoe in wet conditions. With this pair I did not slip one time last year. Now I still like switching up shoes but if I'm going to have to say which shoe I want to wear especially if I'm walking 18 or more holes a day the answer is simple. The Trues win that battle hands down. Although I do like wearing other shoes as well because certain shoes just go with certain outfits I have. I have Puma's,Adidas, Ecco's and now Trues in my rotation.

Thanks for the detailed response bud. I am about to just finally cave in and get a pair because of all the reviews between here and WRX they just seem like the ultimate golf shoe. I too rotate between Adidas and Puma so it's nice to hear that even with those brands in the rotation the Trues are still the front runner. I can't stand reading reviews when guys compare them to FJ or Nike or something because I simply do not wear any of those brands. Looks like I'll probably be ordering a pair of Trues.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

can any of the guys who own adidas as well as TRUE speak to sizing? is a 10 in adidas comparable to a 10 in TRUE, etc

You can talk to the owner of Truelinkswear.com and he will answer any questions you have. I personally wear a size 10.5 and 11 in Adidas and Nike's depending on the shoes style.Also I have a slightly narrower foot and went with a size 11 in the True's and they fit great. One thing about True's online purchase if it doesn't fit you can return for proper size no questions asked and they will send correct size. But I would contact the owner and see what he recommends when you explain your size and width of foot to be safe! Hope this helps.

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

• 3 weeks later...

You can talk to the owner of Truelinkswear.com and he will answer any questions you have. I personally wear a size 10.5 and 11 in Adidas and Nike's depending on the shoes style.Also I have a slightly narrower foot and went with a size 11 in the True's and they fit great. One thing about True's online purchase if it doesn't fit you can return for proper size no questions asked and they will send correct size. But I would contact the owner and see what he recommends when you explain your size and width of foot to be safe! Hope this helps.

thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!

• 4 weeks later...

I have two pair, one is my winter/work pair and the other is normal golf pair. They are the best shoe ever. As far as changing lie angle, get over yourself. I wear TRUES all week at work in the golf shop and then on my days off I'm in them on the course. Not just a shoe, a definite game improving piece of equipment. Beyond the quality of shoe, the company is exactly what the industry needs. Their approach to customer service is uplifting to say the least and I have no problem spending $160-$200 for the combination of shoe and service. If you aren't wearing TRUEs you do not have the best golf shoe.

• 4 weeks later...

I have two pair, one is my winter/work pair and the other is normal golf pair. They are the best shoe ever. As far as changing lie angle, get over yourself. I wear TRUES all week at work in the golf shop and then on my days off I'm in them on the course. Not just a shoe, a definite game improving piece of equipment. Beyond the quality of shoe, the company is exactly what the industry needs. Their approach to customer service is uplifting to say the least and I have no problem spending $160-$200 for the combination of shoe and service. If you aren't wearing TRUEs you do not have the best golf shoe.

I tried on a pair at GS the other day. It was very odd that the shoe forced me to put all my weight on my heels when the shoes have no cushioning under the heels. I'm skeptical that the shoe would work for me.

• 4 months later...

New member and just now able to add to the True shoe controversy.

I have had problems wearing golf shoes my whole life-pinching toes etc. I have had the Trues for two months and couldn't be happier. Traction is good and comfort is superb. When tightening the laces, the shoe snugs up just behind the ball of the foot and behind the base joint of the little toe. This leaves the toes completely free to do their thing while holding the foot firmly in place. It is a very different feel but you get used to it ( as in why don't my other shoes feel this good?) very quickly. In fact, because of the comfort, I will be buying a pair of barefoot platform shoes for every day wear.

• SPY VIP

New member and just now able to add to the True shoe controversy.

I have had problems wearing golf shoes my whole life-pinching toes etc. I have had the Trues for two months and couldn't be happier. Traction is good and comfort is superb. When tightening the laces, the shoe snugs up just behind the ball of the foot and behind the base joint of the little toe. This leaves the toes completely free to do their thing while holding the foot firmly in place. It is a very different feel but you get used to it ( as in why don't my other shoes feel this good?) very quickly. In fact, because of the comfort, I will be buying a pair of barefoot platform shoes for every day wear.

They really are terrific shoes. I find myself wishing I had a couple more pair for every day wear.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• 4 weeks later...

Late to this thread, but no matter. I've played numerous rounds in my Trues, always walking. I got used to the lack of a built-up sole immediately, they do not slip on the course, and they are the most comfortable shoes to walk in. Great shoes. I have FootJoys and Eccos as well. The Eccos come really close for comfort and offer more support, but the feet prefer the Trues.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

I LOVE my True shoes... However, I don't wear them to play golf or hit balls, ever. I wear them to work 75% of the work week. To me it feels as though the Trues make my weight be too far back on my heels as opposed to being on the balls of my feet. I'm used to wearing Classics and other shoes that have almost a heel, so these are the exact opposite to what I'm comfortable wearing. No problems slipping, I don't wear orthotics so I have no problem wearing flat shoes with no arch, they honestly feel more comfortable than any gym shoe I've ever owned. I purchased a pair of Trues for my father b/c he has problems being on his toes too much which causes his head to lean into the golf ball and aids his lateral movement of his golf swing. He's hitting the ball solid much more consistently and honestly it's translated to shaving about 2 shots a round for him this year. Great shoes!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a pair of what he says are one of a kind Black/Yellow Trues from KobraKing! Couldn't pass them up, even though I really need white ones! KobraKing came through as advertised and was great to deal with! Can't wait to bust them out with my Mizzou regalia!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Just received a pair of what he says are one of a kind Black/Yellow Trues from KobraKing! Couldn't pass them up, even though I really need white ones! KobraKing came through as advertised and was great to deal with! Can't wait to bust them out with my Mizzou regalia!

Damn I'm jealous!!!!!

And I thought I had all the color combo's...... :angry:

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X