Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

JT is Back!

fixyurdivot

Congratulations to Justin Thomas for the win at The CJ Cup Championship 👏🤩🤗.  It's nice to see him back playing well after the injury.  It's also great to see his buddy Jordan being in the hunt as well.  For me personally,  having these two yutes being in the mix every weekend makes the PGA better.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Didn't he enter the Tour Championship in first place after winning the second playoff event?  I know he had the injury issue early last year but it seems to me that he was back already.

Personally I'm not a fan - don't hate him but not a big fan - he needs thicker skin IMO.  I absolutely agree that the game is better if he and Jordan are playing well though.  That actually leads to a question.  Would we be more excited if there were a rivalry between Brooks and Rory or if we had the full gamut of JT, Jordan, Dustin, Brooks and Rory in the mix. 

The latter is asking for a lot.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

27 minutes ago, revkev said:

Didn't he enter the Tour Championship in first place after winning the second playoff event?  I know he had the injury issue early last year but it seems to me that he was back already.

Personally I'm not a fan - don't hate him but not a big fan - he needs thicker skin IMO.  I absolutely agree that the game is better if he and Jordan are playing well though.  That actually leads to a question.  Would we be more excited if there were a rivalry between Brooks and Rory or if we had the full gamut of JT, Jordan, Dustin, Brooks and Rory in the mix. 

The latter is asking for a lot.

Yea your right, he was.  I'm just glad to see him back playing and winning... love his storyline with his Dad (coach). I'm told there is a big rivalry between Brooks and Rory... who am I to argue 😉.  The PGA main tour is in a great place (IMHO) when you consider the field from A to Z.  Lots of really good players and parity - that keeps most Sunday's really interesting as a viewer. 

Congratulations JT.  Nice win!!

I wonder what he says to his buddy Jordan after each tournament they play together?  Jordan still can't put up decent numbers on the weekend.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Spieth's tinkering trying to chase distance has ruined his feel.  He was the ultimate feel player and it was the absolute strength of his game.  I was listening to Luke Donald talk about it on a podcast a few months ago.  He said for ultimate feel players, doing anything to lose feel is risky because you never seem to get it back to what it once was.  

I don't think anyone doubted JT would be back at top form soon.  Spieth may never be what he was in 2015.  Should be a cautionary tale for young players coming up. 

As my grandpa always said, "Dance with the one that brung ya!"

5 hours ago, sixcat said:

Spieth's tinkering trying to chase distance has ruined his feel.  He was the ultimate feel player and it was the absolute strength of his game.  I was listening to Luke Donald talk about it on a podcast a few months ago.  He said for ultimate feel players, doing anything to lose feel is risky because you never seem to get it back to what it once was.  

I don't think anyone doubted JT would be back at top form soon.  Spieth may never be what he was in 2015.  Should be a cautionary tale for young players coming up. 

My current issue with Spieth is that he can post a score on Thu-Fri and be in the hunt, but has a hard time breaking par on the weekend.  Apparently, the feel is working OK for two rounds, but then he loses it.  He's been doing that for over a year.  Now it's mental; he's trying too hard.  Honestly, I think he'll get it back, but he has to look at his golf from a new perspective.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My current issue with Spieth is that he can post a score on Thu-Fri and be in the hunt, but has a hard time breaking par on the weekend.  Apparently, the feel is working OK for two rounds, but then he loses it.  He's been doing that for over a year.  Now it's mental; he's trying too hard.  Honestly, I think he'll get it back, but he has to look at his golf from a new perspective.

That goes hand-in-hand with what Luke Donald was saying.  Once you screw up your feel, you never really get it back on any consistent level.  As the pressure ratchets up on the weekend, feel is the first thing to go.

On 10/22/2019 at 6:32 AM, sixcat said:

Interesting perspective.  JT does strike me as more of a "left brain" dominant player than Jordan.  Likely the influence of his Dad's coaching.