Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mizuno MP C11 Wedge

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

These wedges have some unique grooves. They have different style grooves for the 50 and 52 then the 56 and 58. The 50 and 52 are deeper for more spin and the 56 and 58 are wider for more control around the greens.

mizuno-mp-c11.jpg

#TruthDigest

These wedges have some unique grooves. They have different style grooves for the 50 and 52 then the 56 and 58. The 50 and 52 are deeper for more spin and the 56 and 58 are wider for more control around the greens.

Nice ! What kind of grind is that ?

Titleist 909 D2 10.5 s

TM Burner TP 13 deg r

TM R7 16 deg r

Callaway 3 Ibrid 19 deg r

Epon 701 4-PW s

Gauge Design 52, 56 deg s

TM Inza

• SPY VIP

No real name for this grind as far as I know from Mizuno but it is a multi-grind...toe and major heel relief on this one.

Nice ! What kind of grind is that ?

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Would you say these are hacker friendly, i.e. forgiving, or is this more of a single digit tool?

Looks like is has a touch of a cavity compared to the other new wedge model (name?)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

This is a Japan Only model for now. Although when I tested similar US Models from Mizuno you would be surprised how well they performed. They actually beat out every wedge I put them up against from (Bunker, Fairway, Rough, Around Green)

Would you say these are hacker friendly, i.e. forgiving, or is this more of a single digit tool?

Looks like is has a touch of a cavity compared to the other new wedge model (name?)

#TruthDigest

• 4 weeks later...

That's probably the first wedge I've seen from Mizuno that I'd be interested in. They typically only cater to the low handicap segment with their forged offerings.

Interesting concept too about varying the groove configuration across the set. Hopefully these will be coming to the US at some point. Would love to do a review on them.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

That looks outstanding. I'm not sure that I'd want grooves that weren't consistent, but I'm sure there's a method to that madness and I'd love to give them a test. I really like the idea of having a cavity on the wedge without changing the look.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

That wedge would look a whole lot better with just a little less branding/graphics. I like my wedges clean.

Like: keep the number and the Mizuno logo on the sole, keep the little "quad-cut" buzzsaw looking logo, drop the Mizuno in small print and move the "MP-C11" down to where the "Mizuno" is -- and keep it in the small font.

That wedge would look a whole lot better with just a little less branding/graphics. I like my wedges clean.

Like: keep the number and the Mizuno logo on the sole, keep the little "quad-cut" buzzsaw looking logo, drop the Mizuno in small print and move the "MP-C11" down to where the "Mizuno" is -- and keep it in the small font.

I don't think they will drop the word Mizuno. If anything your best hope is they will make the quad cut logo smaller.

Archived